ADVERTISEMENT

Trinity at Starmount

Trinity Football Videos​

2023 Trinity Football Team Preview

This could be the year Trinity squeaks into the top half of the conference. Dominic Payne is the guy you need to watch out for. It looks like they switched him to RB which is a great move. The new coach, Bear Bradley, is very familiar with the area. He used to coach at Wheatmore.

I'm really intrigued by this game. It seems like things are on the up-and-up at Starmount.

Max Preps shows Trinity with real big kids on the O/D line. Not sure if they can play, but very big and tall upfront.

Reactions: Orange01
I’ve heard the running back is a good athlete. For starmounts sake I hope it’s not a very tough game and can get this one out of the way to build some more good confidence. We’ve looked very good this pre season especially considering all the changes that have taken place so far. obviously every team has a few wrinkles to smooth out this early in the season.

The Greg Lloyd era begins in Boonville on Friday night against a bigger Piedmont Triad foe in Trinity.

I know they have a new head coach as well in Bear Bradley.

Any Randolph folks got any info on the Bulldogs?
New Coach coming in, last guy they had was actually a good defensive mind but not much of a people person. saying they will be in top half of pac 7 might not be saying much as wheatmore is not what is started off as, PG is a question mark, SW graduated their studs, the orange is down, so yea

Word around the foothills is that Starmount is headed back to the top in regards to their success in the area. I’ve not seen the Rams yet but plan to at some point this season. Hate they aren’t playing East Surry anymore. That has been my week 1 game that I attended for several years. I think the Rams with their new energy will just be to much for Trinity. Good luck Rams.

Word around the foothills is that Starmount is headed back to the top in regards to their success in the area. I’ve not seen the Rams yet but plan to at some point this season. Hate they aren’t playing East Surry anymore. That has been my week 1 game that I attended for several years. I think the Rams with their new energy will just be to much for Trinity. Good luck Rams.
I feel that game will be put back on the schedule in 2025. It’s a good gate for both schools. I’m personally aggravated it was ever removed in the first place as many other Rams are to.

Dominic Payne is one of the most underrated players in the state imho. He just has zero help. He’s an exceptional athlete who can play anywhere on the field. He has good size and always plays hard, he just can’t win games all by hisself.
Why not, john mceachin did

I feel that game will be put back on the schedule in 2025. It’s a good gate for both schools. I’m personally aggravated it was ever removed in the first place as many other Rams are to.
makes two of us atleast, especially this year

I hate it too. I wanted to get some revenge on them this year 😂😂

This has potential to be a very solid matchup. I watched both of these squads scrimmage last year at South Stokes when we scrimmaged North Stokes, and it was a real doozy. Starmount controlled the lines but every series Trinity would air it out and score from a ton of yards out. It was relatively even and surprised me quite a bit. Starmount's more athletic this year than they have been and Trinity has those linemen back and that RB.

They outhit and outplayed Forbush last year and they were huge, so I think that will prove to be good prep for them heading into this game. I think that will make it quite a even matchup. Shame this isn't set for week 4 or so so both squads could get their kinks worked out.

This has potential to be a very solid matchup. I watched both of these squads scrimmage last year at South Stokes when we scrimmaged North Stokes, and it was a real doozy. Starmount controlled the lines but every series Trinity would air it out and score from a ton of yards out. It was relatively even and surprised me quite a bit. Starmount's more athletic this year than they have been and Trinity has those linemen back and that RB.

They outhit and outplayed Forbush last year and they were huge, so I think that will prove to be good prep for them heading into this game. I think that will make it quite a even matchup. Shame this isn't set for week 4 or so so both squads could get their kinks worked out.
The Rams have a couple of injuries as well. One is an ankle injury to a starting DE. The other one isn't a new injury. One of the main running backs is still recovering from off season acl surgery. He probably won't start hitting his stride until towards the latter part of the season. Hopefully game by game he starts recovering his speed and power.

I don’t think anyone from Starmount is thinking this game will be a huge Ram win. The Rams are young at spots and lost several starters from last season. It looks like Trinity has around 15 or so seniors.

It’s the first game so penalties, turnovers, and hydration will all be huge factors.

I don’t think anyone from Starmount is thinking this game will be a huge Ram win. The Rams are young at spots and lost several starters from last season. It looks like Trinity has around 15 or so seniors.

It’s the first game so penalties, turnovers, and hydration will all be huge factors.
Good Luck ! I am hoping for you only have 1 loss and go 9-1 regular season !

Reactions: NCBBFB
Big win for the Rams and our program. Congrats to Coach Lloyd on his first win at Starmount.

I saw a lot of good things and there are some things that needs working on. The goal is to get better every week.

Rams are 1-0 and will host North Iredell.

STARMOUNT 43 – TRINITY 30
SHS – 7 – 22 – 8 – 6 -43
THS – 0 – 14 – 0 – 16 – 30

ST – Kinston Crater 8 yd run – Luke Collins kick
ST – Crater 33 yd run – AJ Pardue run
T – 68 yd pass – kick good
ST – Crater 9 yd run – Pardue run
ST – Crater 4 yd run – run no good
T – 27 yd pass- kick good
ST – Pardue 4 yd run – Jymir Billips run
T – 10 yard run – pass good
ST – Crater 8 yd run – run no good
T – 83 yard pass – run good

STARMOUNT
Rushing: Crater 21-138; Collins 12-92, Pardue 6-51; Hernandez 8-40; J Billips 4-34; KJ Allen 1-4; TOTALS: 52-359
Passing: Collins 5 of 8 for 149
Receiving: Hurt-Bailey 2-71; Crater 1-33; Pardue 1-28; KJ Allen 1-17
TOTAL YARDS: 508
FIRST DOWNS: 20
PENALTIES: 13-125

TRINITY
Rushing: 16-50
Passing : 10 of 18 for 294

TOTAL YARDS: 344
FIRST DOWNS: 13
PENALITES: 9-90
TURNOVERS: 1

Big win for the Rams and our program. Congrats to Coach Lloyd on his first win at Starmount.

I saw a lot of good things and there are some things that needs working on. The goal is to get better every week.

Rams are 1-0 and will host North Iredell.

STARMOUNT 43 – TRINITY 30
SHS – 7 – 22 – 8 – 6 -43
THS – 0 – 14 – 0 – 16 – 30

ST – Kinston Crater 8 yd run – Luke Collins kick
ST – Crater 33 yd run – AJ Pardue run
T – 68 yd pass – kick good
ST – Crater 9 yd run – Pardue run
ST – Crater 4 yd run – run no good
T – 27 yd pass- kick good
ST – Pardue 4 yd run – Jymir Billips run
T – 10 yard run – pass good
ST – Crater 8 yd run – run no good
T – 83 yard pass – run good

STARMOUNT
Rushing: Crater 21-138; Collins 12-92, Pardue 6-51; Hernandez 8-40; J Billips 4-34; KJ Allen 1-4; TOTALS: 52-359
Passing: Collins 5 of 8 for 149
Receiving: Hurt-Bailey 2-71; Crater 1-33; Pardue 1-28; KJ Allen 1-17
TOTAL YARDS: 508
FIRST DOWNS: 20
PENALTIES: 13-125

TRINITY
Rushing: 16-50
Passing : 10 of 18 for 294

TOTAL YARDS: 344
FIRST DOWNS: 13
PENALITES: 9-90
TURNOVERS: 1
It was good to get the win. Several players cramping which I think held up some of the progress. Seems like the guys took their foot off the gas trying to coast. Biggest need for improvement is pass defense, it wasn't pretty. Just got to keep improving every week

It was good to get the win. Several players cramping which I think held up some of the progress. Seems like the guys took their foot off the gas trying to coast. Biggest need for improvement is pass defense, it wasn't pretty. Just got to keep improving every week
So Collins started a quarterback? Did the kid from North Surry Play any? And if not how'd that go?

So Collins started a quarterback? Did the kid from North Surry Play any? And if not how'd that go?
Yes he started. Allen from North was out with a concussion but Collins is the starter anyway. Collins is a heck of a QB with a strong arm and very good runner. Just need receivers that can consistently run good routes and catch the ball. I'm hoping that will come with time.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Is there anywhere to watch the replay of Trinity and Starmount game? I feel like Starmount was on NFHS last year but I don’t see the on demand?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT