ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 2A 2023

I think its Reidsville 1st and foremost, everyone else is chasing them. I think they play with a chip on their shoulder this year knowing they gave one away last year.
Jimmy Teague was the sole factor responsible for bringing Reidsville out of a 30 straight years (3 Decades) absence from championship caliber play. He is gone. This year's team should carry off of last year's and Teague's influence but after this year....could there be another 3 decade absence on tap for the Rams?

• Haha
Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
I think its Reidsville 1st and foremost, everyone else is chasing them. I think they play with a chip on their shoulder this year knowing they gave one away last year.
Have to disagree with this. Hard to "give one away" when you never had the lead in the game. Take away the kickoff return after the deciding score and its 24-14.

ED should have been up 14-0 if not for the strip takeaway inside the 10 when the ED running back was fighting for additional yardage. Give credit to Reidsville for converting that into points but ED made their own breaks. Heads up play on the blocked FG and the deflected pass interception on the very next drive that resulted in a ED field goal pushing the score to 17-7.

Yes, Im a WRH fan but was very happy for the ED community and Coach Holley. The two games last year between WRH and ED were state championship caliber games.

Maybe this year we can get some order restored around here.

Be real the field goal hiccup by Reidsville was the deciding factor. Wasn’t for that Reidsville wins by a TD or 2.
ED was the better team on that particular day. Sure all this spread and fun and gun makes for gaudy stats but Reidsville had no answer to getting punched in the mouth on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

I think the story would have been the same if WRH had been the opponent instead of ED.

Have to disagree with this. Hard to "give one away" when you never had the lead in the game. Take away the kickoff return after the deciding score and its 24-14.

ED should have been up 14-0 if not for the strip takeaway inside the 10 when the ED running back was fighting for additional yardage. Give credit to Reidsville for converting that into points but ED made their own breaks. Heads up play on the blocked FG and the deflected pass interception on the very next drive that resulted in a ED field goal pushing the score to 17-7.

Yes, Im a WRH fan but was very happy for the ED community and Coach Holley. The two games last year between WRH and ED were state championship caliber games.

Maybe this year we can get some order restored around here.

Can't take away anything, that's like saying take away the block field goal.

Jimmy Teague was the sole factor responsible for bringing Reidsville out of a 30 straight years (3 Decades) absence from championship caliber play. He is gone. This year's team should carry off of last year's and Teague's influence but after this year....could there be another 3 decade absence on tap for the Rams?

Neal and harrison will be only sophomores, as long as they are here we will be in the mix.

Jimmy Teague was the sole factor responsible for bringing Reidsville out of a 30 straight years (3 Decades) absence from championship caliber play.

I love this because you just spit in the face of your own argument of the success of Reidsville the last 20 years being due to split divisions.

I love this because you just spit in the face of your own argument of the success of Reidsville the last 20 years being due to split divisions.

We all know Reidsville has never won a single unified classification title. No need to bring that up again. We are back to single champs per class AND no Jimmy Teague.....RUH ROH!

• Haha
Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
It’s tough to be the man that replaces the man. The son of the man will be just fine. We’ve had 2 at WRH. Battle and JP have found their way but I think you’re right about this year being a good year. He’ll have to make it his team moving forward.

Sorry to disappoint you but Jimmy Teague will be the offensive coordinator for the foreseeable future. Best you worry about your Golden Lions future.

Reactions: beamer24 and dogs79
Just glad he exposes himself. Guy just post BS trying to start stuff. Not once has he made any logical post that makes any sense.
Can’t help but chuckle….waaay off subject here….but I was looking at your conference and all the teams records last fall. You know…comparing teams to see if Clinton might have a little sump’em this fall.😜

The way all the teams ended up… I find it to be very unusual.
The bottom 3 all beat each other and finished 1-5.
The next 3 all beat each other and finished 4-2.
….and then Clinton at 6-0.
Most would say that East Bladens’ beat down of St. Paul’s would be the biggest surprise from last fall…and I would agree with that….but how in the hell did Fairmont goose egg West Bladen and then lose to Red Springs?😂..or that Midway 7 Fairmont 0 score?

Head scratchers!…just wanted you to know😂

Also noticed…East Bladen was YOUNG!…I’ll be watching them now that they are moving to 1a to see how they fare.

For the record…I would never say…Move on!

But I would say…please continue!😉

Can’t help but chuckle….waaay off subject here….but I was looking at your conference and all the teams records last fall. You know…comparing teams to see if Clinton might have a little sump’em this fall.😜

The way all the teams ended up… I find it to be very unusual.
The bottom 3 all beat each other and finished 1-5.
The next 3 all beat each other and finished 4-2.
….and then Clinton at 6-0.
Most would say that East Bladens’ beat down of St. Paul’s would be the biggest surprise from last fall…and I would agree with that….but how in the hell did Fairmont goose egg West Bladen and then lose to Red Springs?😂..or that Midway 7 Fairmont 0 score?

Head scratchers!…just wanted you to know😂

Also noticed…East Bladen was YOUNG!…I’ll be watching them now that they are moving to 1a to see how they fare.

For the record…I would never say…Move on!

But I would say…please continue!😉
Yes the conference leaves much to be desired which is why I was happy to see them try and bulk up the non conference play a bit already having to play Wallace week 2 but adding Whiteville who I think isn’t being talked about enough, thought I remembered reading that was a young team last year and made it to round 4 without one of their best players. And of course adding Princeton who I don’t believe will be as good as the last two years but still a solid opponent.

SN- Watch out for Mason Brooks from East Bladen that kid is a LOAD!!!!! Maybe EB will get their mojo back down in 1A

Yes the conference leaves much to be desired which is why I was happy to see them try and bulk up the non conference play a bit already having to play Wallace week 2 but adding Whiteville who I think isn’t being talked about enough, thought I remembered reading that was a young team last year and made it to round 4 without one of their best players. And of course adding Princeton who I don’t believe will be as good as the last two years but still a solid opponent.

SN- Watch out for Mason Brooks from East Bladen that kid is a LOAD!!!!! Maybe EB will get their mojo back down in 1A
That's a pretty good non-conference schedule for you guys. Whiteville is definitely underrated I believe they were down double digits to Hertford in the playoff game when they came back to beat them. EB might be the new team to challenge tarboro in the east.

Whiteville almost lost to Swo…
Like I said I thought I remember their posters talk about how young they were and without their best player. I wouldn’t put them over Wallace,Clinton, or JK but they should definitely be in the conversation and a team I wouldn’t sleep on. Only graduated 9 seniors according to the maxpreps roster

Last edited:
Interesting given that Reidsville whooped Burns and has more coming back.
I agree that Reidsville should be ahead of Burns. In saying that, Burns didn't play well at Reidsville last year. Credit Reidsville to some of it. It was one of those snowball effect things. We just didn't get out of the gate strong, and it was all downhill from there. I still think Reidsville was the better team, but not as much as the score indicated.

I agree that Reidsville should be ahead of Burns. In saying that, Burns didn't play well at Reidsville last year. Credit Reidsville to some of it. It was one of those snowball effect things. We just didn't get out of the gate strong, and it was all downhill from there. I still think Reidsville was the better team, but not as much as the score indicated.

Burns is Burns. They will be in the mix. Good Coach + Good Players usually = Good Times

It won't be easy either way but to be honest I would have to give Wallace the advantage at this time. But I hope by October I have changed my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT