ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 2A 2023

1.Reidsville: Prohibitive Favorite: Returns a lot, including a battle tested quarterback, which is an advantage with so many teams breaking in new quarterbacks.

2. WRH: a consistent contender in the East. I have them winning it over Clinton in the Eastern finals.

3. Monroe: no posters to hype them up, but I like what I saw. They return a smooth, dual threat quarterback and athletes galore. I liked them at no.2, initially.

4. Shelby: Yes, I’m bias! Young, athletic, and fast, but extremely young at quarterback, rising sophomore. Bridges and Kee are burners returning. Jaiden “Big Baby” Pierce will be healthy, defensively, D1 prospect. McGill will have big year in the secondary. Hollifield will be counted on heavily, too. Though they may not be a state championship contender, I just don’t see Shelby having back to back disastrous seasons.

5. Burns: battled tested quarterback, and elusive running back returns, as well as a couple of studs defensively. However, you don’t lose studs in Haynes, Thompson, and Allen, and not take a step back, but Burns will be tough, no doubt.

*No disrespect to the East. Obviously, I am more familiar with the westside.

Last edited:
1.Reidsville: Prohibitive Favorite: Returns a lot, including a battle tested quarterback, which is an advantage with so many teams breaking in new quarterbacks.

2. WRH: a consistent contender in the East. I have them winning it over Clinton in the Eastern finals.

3. Monroe: no posters to hype them up, but I like what I saw. They return a smooth, dual threat quarterback and athletes galore. I liked them at no.2, initially.

4. Shelby: Yes, I’m bias! Young, athletic, and fast, but extremely young at quarterback, rising sophomore. Bridges and Kee are burners returning. Jaiden “Big Baby” Pierce will be healthy, defensively, D1 prospect. McGill will have big year in the secondary. Hollifield will be counted on heavily, too. Though they may not be a state championship contender, I just don’t see Shelby having back to back disastrous seasons.

5. Burns: battled tested quarterback, and elusive running back returns, as well as a couple of studs defensively. However, you don’t lose studs in Haynes, Thompson, and Allen, and not take a step back, but Burns will be tough, no doubt.

How you feeling about the fight Saturday?

How you feeling about the fight Saturday?
I’m excited about it, bro, so much so that I’m taking Sunday off, so I can stay up, and watch it once I get off Saturday night at 8:30. I am even purchasing this one. I’m taking no chances with the fire stick. As for the fight itself, I think Tank “sleeps” him between the 6 and 8th rounds, but if it goes the distance, Tank may likely get his first L.

Reactions: SWO4EVEr91

I think Clinton is the team to beat in the East. They obviously have as much supposed D1 talent in 2A as anyone in the state based on offers. My question with them is coaching. No style points for glitzy social media accounts, rec football teams open to the entire region, catchy slogans, or showcase events. Comes down to Xs and Os and this staff just hasnt gotten it done come playoff time. Now, having to replace a defensive coordinator after returning from Florida only to leave again for Lumberton. They have a nice non conference slate but the conference isnt very good.

I think Clinton is the team to beat in the East. They obviously have as much supposed D1 talent in 2A as anyone in the state based on offers. My question with them is coaching. No style points for glitzy social media accounts, rec football teams open to the entire region, catchy slogans, or showcase events. Comes down to Xs and Os and this staff just hasnt gotten it done come playoff time. Now, having to replace a defensive coordinator after returning from Florida only to leave again for Lumberton. They have a nice non conference slate but the conference isnt very good.
Coaches are good but sometimes overthink things. I watched that game vs ED online, Clinton dominated first half defensively. ED made half time adjustments, Clinton didn’t make any changes in game to counter. Then although I think their 2pt call was a good one and if not for a great play by the ED defender is an easy completion but many would ask, why not just run the same play previously run that they scored on from the 5? This is what I mean when I say, they may overthink things at times. Their coach will have his chance this year though to right any wrongs from last season, time will tell. My buddies in C-town are excited for the season.

Coaches are good but sometimes overthink things. I watched that game vs ED online, Clinton dominated first half defensively. ED made half time adjustments, Clinton didn’t make any changes in game to counter. Then although I think their 2pt call was a good one and if not for a great play by the ED defender is an easy completion but many would ask, why not just run the same play previously run that they scored on from the 5? This is what I mean when I say, they may overthink things at times. Their coach will have his chance this year though to right any wrongs from last season, time will tell. My buddies in C-town are excited for the season.
Clinton Coach had a great game plan against ED and it almost worked. ED coaches are some of the best at in game adjustments. To the Clinton coaches credit he did make a comeback too and came up a little short.
As bad as I hate to say it I think the east is Clintons to lose.😁 But that's why we play the game. Hopefully ED can give The U!!! A shot this year again.

Last edited:
Reidsville…lost their 2nd leading rusher and 4 of top 7 tacklers and both kickers.

Burns….lost their 3 leading WR’s and 6 of their top 7 tacklers and the kicker.

Monroe…lost their QB and their 3 leading tacklers and both kickers.

Shelby…lost their QB and 2nd leading WR and 1 of the leading tacklers.

Salisbury….did not lose anybody….0 seniors listed on their roster.

Got a feeling most feel these are the top 5 teams in 2a West. If not…then who?

Now….who you got?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Reidsville…lost their 2nd leading rusher and 4 of top 7 tacklers and both kickers.

Now….who you got?

Well.. When you put it that way Reidsville has no chance after losing all that LOL

Burns losing the top 3 receivers sounds big and it is, but we throw so many screens that it isn't as big of a deal as it seems. We always have athletes that are dangerous with the ball. Not too worried there. However, those receivers that are gone were our corners. They will be tough to replace.

Burns losing the top 3 receivers sounds big and it is, but we throw so many screens that it isn't as big of a deal as it seems. We always have athletes that are dangerous with the ball. Not too worried there. However, those receivers that are gone were our corners. They will be tough to replace.

Its good you ave a really good Qb back as well. I think you guys can also lean on your running game while the wr's develop.

Now….who you got?

you make them sound like the biggest losers

now that you mention it, let me take a 2nd look at Salisbury

I checked on hudl looks like Monroe has a nice new transfer qb coming in
I thought the kid they had last year was coming back. He was smooth, a baller. But, after I saw Maiden Creek’s post, I looked him up, and saw that he does graduate this year, and is committed to Lenoir Rhyne. As Frank pretty much said, they have done nothing since coming back to 2A. They will always pass the eye test, though.

Last edited:
You just forget Monroe likes to forget how to play come playoff time

That thread TDynasty made about Reidsville not being able to win the big unified title. I never paid attention to it the whole time after his first post, then it disappeared. After the title game it just popped pretty quick. Something told me to open it and all he typed was ...."Well..."

That was the single funniest post last season.

I thought the kid they had last year was coming back. He was smooth, a baller. But, after I saw Maiden Creek’s post, I looked him up, and saw that he does graduate this year, and is committed to Lenoir Rhyne. As Frank pretty much said, they have done nothing since coming back to 2A. They will always pass the eye test, though.
their first season back they all had covid

last season was really their first time back in 2A

Burns out played them tbh, but ya'll wouldn't have beat them though.

They were a better match up for Reidsville than Burns as I dont think they would have been outcoached as bad

• Haha
Reactions: SWO4EVEr91
You better include the DE4. The dc 3 + Clinton. We'll call them the de4(down east 4) east rep coming from that group

Clinton hype train fell off the rails

WRH was supposed to have an all star team and struggled all post season

JK's only claim to fame is giving everybody in their conference a close game, they're uber Vanderbilt or Maryland Turtles.

ED was the only titan over there and they played to the level of their competition. Who knows they might show up again, as their expectations are low.

Reverse that DE to ED1 + Clinton at 6 and 7.

I have to disagree Chopper. James Kenan was a championship caliber team not too long ago. I think they may have 2 in the last 10-15 years. They fell on hard times due to coaching. Appears a former player has stepped up and is the real deal. They have the players and now the coaching is back.

Reactions: dogs79
I have to disagree Chopper. James Kenan was a championship caliber team not long ago. I think they may have 2 in the last 10-15 years. They fell on hard times due to coaching. Appears a former player has stepped up and is the real deal. They have the players and now the coaching is back.
I agree JK was better than some top seeded teams in the playoffs. I strongly feel they could’ve easily beat Princeton. Played a great game against Northeastern. Possibly beat NE.

I have to disagree Chopper. James Kenan was a championship caliber team not too long ago. I think they may have 2 in the last 10-15 years. They fell on hard times due to coaching. Appears a former player has stepped up and is the real deal. They have the players and now the coaching is back.
I agree JK was better than some top seeded teams in the playoffs. I strongly feel they could’ve easily beat Princeton. Played a great game against Northeastern. Possibly beat NE.

This is a combined 2A field. JK may be1AA championship caliber.

They are in over their heads in this field. Fortunately for them realignment will put them back in a smaller pond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT