ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville @ Mitchell Round 3

Well if not stopping in Boone for food wouldn't add 20-30 minutes to ride just go 85 to 40 and boogie on and come up thru Marion.
Been looking at various routes to Ledger and have a question.

I love Boone. Have a place nearby where we spend a lot of time. Was in Boone yesterday for the App game. But, coming from Thomasville, why would you go through Boone? Unless you just want the scenic route ( can’t blame you), 40 and 221 shows to be 25 minutes shorter. And that’s not allowing for crazy Friday afternoon traffic in Boone. That can add another 15-30 minutes. Serious question for those folks who live up that way.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Where is the population of the County? More to the south toward Spruce Pine? If yes, why is the high school located in the center of the county and not closer to the population? Thanks.
Stems back to the days when there were 2 high schools. Bowman in bakersville, who served the northern end of the county, and Harris in Spruce Pine, who served the southern end of the county. When the two consolidated, they built the school in ledger, which is central to both the old schools. It is in no way central to the county as a whole. But the population is split fairly evenly between north and south of Ledger. Also, on a side note. Bowmans color was red, and Harris was blue, so naturally, they made Mitchell's color purple.

First off thomasville didn't do anythingc in 2a. Salisbury beat the crap out of you chumps, all you talk about is your speed didn't see it in Salisbury game . As for mitchell they are very physical upfront, also they are extremely hungry this season. The way I see the game if Mitchell has no turnovers they win.
Whew lol what did Thomasville do to you? 😂

Stems back to the days when there were 2 high schools. Bowman in bakersville, who served the northern end of the county, and Harris in Spruce Pine, who served the southern end of the county. When the two consolidated, they built the school in ledger, which is central to both the old schools. It is in no way central to the county as a whole. But the population is split fairly evenly between north and south of Ledger. Also, on a side note. Bowmans color was red, and Harris was blue, so naturally, they made Mitchell's color purple.
Technically Bowman was Maroon just like Mississippi State Bulldogs .
My oldest brother was co-captain on the first Mitchell team they thought they should have one from Bowman and one from Harris. But the students at the time for to vote on color and mascot I believe he voted for green (.it was before Mtn Heritage) and the Spartans he said everyone was a Mountaineer.
Remember first we was Purple and Gold like Western Carolina I still like the gold hate it was taken out.
You're right ledger is basically the middle between Bakersville and Spruce Pine but not far from the middle which is Bakersville which is why it's the county seat. But people not from here don't know while Spruce Pine as a town is more populous the county is spread out like a weeks washing, I've knew someone who lived in popular that it took him over 30 - 45 minutes to get to Mitchell but could be in Erwin TN KFC in 15 imagine having to drive to Spruce Pine if they'd put Mitchell high there , of course that wouldn't have happened no way Bowman folks would have voted for it then , I believe my dad voted against as was and my other brother was in the first senior class at the new school but refused to get a Mitchell class ring and got a Bowman one.

Blah,Blah,Blah….you guys ain’t physical,bunch of clod hoppers,if you hold us to 14 then you’ll be held to 13 or less

• Haha
Reactions: 97Cougar
First off thomasville didn't do anythingc in 2a. Salisbury beat the crap out of you chumps, all you talk about is your speed didn't see it in Salisbury game . As for mitchell they are very physical upfront, also they are extremely hungry this season. The way I see the game if Mitchell has no turnovers they win.
Only real thing to brag about against Salisbury this year is scoring 4 touchdowns (1 called back) on them against their A defense - not sure how many points Salisbury has allowed this year but sounds like you know

Give you guys some credit, still talking down to me, I'm done
21b.jpg

Go Mountaineers

Getting to the 3rd round doesn't make a team great. I've seen many a team get cake walks this far like Mitchell, TJ, WSP and many others over the years. If Thomasville has half a defense they can beat Mitchell. Too easy to read their offense and they don't do too well with the pass. QB does a great job following blockers, but isn't that fast and 22 can be tough to bring down. Defense HAS to adjust to the shifting line. Their offense is simple, but effective.
If the Mitchell offense is so simple how they whipped Swain in both 2019 and in 2021 playoffs

Mitchell has been a 1A contender the past 7 years. They have not been able to win that elusive championship yet however. Friday night is what players and coaches love 2 good teams battling it out on the field. I don’t think think either team will intimidated both have played good teams this year. In Mitchell’s case went on the road and broke a 20 some game home winning streak Watauga had prior to Mitchell coming to town. A good number of the kids who will play Friday for Mitchell were making their first start in February when they beat Statesville. By the way that’s Statesville only regular season loss over the last 3 seasons. Thomasville has great athletes well coached and I’m sure they expect to win. Should be a good one Friday night

If the Mitchell offense is so simple how they whipped Swain in both 2019 and in 2021 playoffs
I know you aren't comparing this team to that 2019 team MItchell had. The 2019 team from what I remember had a way better dual threat QB, another RB and a receiver who were all capable of going the distance. And that defense was stout and stingy. As far as Swain goes, that team was good, but Mitchell was great. If not for ES and Boaz, you would have had a shot at state. Mitchell vs Tarboro would have been a way better game.

I know you aren't comparing this team to that 2019 team MItchell had. The 2019 team from what I remember had a way better dual threat QB, another RB and a receiver who were all capable of going the distance. And that defense was stout and stingy. As far as Swain goes, that team was good, but Mitchell was great. If not for ES and Boaz, you would have had a shot at state. Mitchell vs Tarboro would have been a way better game.
I'll always believe the 2019 team lost the state in the Polk game before the Swain game where the QB got a high ankle sprain if you noticed in the Swain game he just basically handed the ball off and passed more then usual. His mom told me by the ES game he told the team on the first drive that he wasn't sure he could make the whole game ,I'd say he was 60% speed at best in that game and by the 4th quarter he was playing with cracked ribs.

Well if we beat Andrew’s and get the right call on a fumble every game would go through ledger.

Been looking at various routes to Ledger and have a question.

I love Boone. Have a place nearby where we spend a lot of time. Was in Boone yesterday for the App game. But, coming from Thomasville, why would you go through Boone? Unless you just want the scenic route ( can’t blame you), 40 and 221 shows to be 25 minutes shorter. And that’s not allowing for crazy Friday afternoon traffic in Boone. That can add another 15-30 minutes. Serious question for those folks who live up that way.
It might be 25 mins longer but it only 1 mile difference and it’s the easiest drive. The climb up 226 from 221 isnt to fun on the shortest route . You don’t want to go up 181. When you turn left off 421 to 105 extension to 105 isn’t that bad traffic. When I go to the beach now from the Mtns I go 421 to Winston Salem to Rockingham and I love it. I have a camper I leave at Surfside Beach.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Calling for rain Thursday and cold temperatures at game time Friday. The frozen tundra !!!! Speed eliminator !! Mitchell by 18

Ok, Mitchell by 40 may be the craziest prediction of the year. I would be Happy with Mitchell by 1 but just don’t see it. This is a terrible matchup for Mitchell. Thomasville’s strengths are Mitchell’s weaknesses.

Either Tville will have to have some turnovers or key mistakes or Mitchell is in trouble.

Go Mountaineers

Ok, Mitchell by 40 may be the craziest prediction of the year. I would be Happy with Mitchell by 1 but just don’t see it. This is a terrible matchup for Mitchell. Thomasville’s strengths are Mitchell’s weaknesses.

Either Tville will have to have some turnovers or key mistakes or Mitchell is in trouble.

Go Mountaineers
I wasn’t being literal…. I was acting like a Thomasville fan.

Back on the subject of food if you wait until you get to Spruce Pine and you like Mexican food then you're in luck 2 new ones just opened including the one that opened yesterday there's 5 would have been 6 in the county but one in Bakerville closed a few months ago.
But besides the restaurants out in the Grassy Creek area which is where you're coming into from Marion where the famous Western sizzlin is there's a seafood, Chinese two of the five Mexican, a little BBQ place , a 3 Grill at the golf course, pizza hut and there are restaurants down town just keep going straight you'll cross the four lane then a bridge turn right..the drive dinner is at the top serval are on lower street.
If coming from Boone 2nd right after Hardee's is to down town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT