ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville Football

Very good question. Unless it’s chalked up to mass hysteria, I’d say there’s a common thread.
Trey Ray is a good hire. But in all fairness, I read in one of the area papers that he lost virtually all of last year’s team to graduation. Wish him well.
I don’t think all principals are gone, but the high school principal retired.
Principal retired and the two assistants' left the system. The winning boys programs football, mens basketball and wrestling were senior heavy and lost really good coaches/staffs for a variety of reasons (Admin change, retirements, AD Retired, HR, new board, teacher shortages, discipline, other opportunity, lack of HR/board taking action to replace those coaches in a timely manner, etc). They knew well in advance of these openings and sat on them with zero process in place or actioning. As the old saying goes, "a failure to plan is planning to fail".

Principal retired and the two assistants' left the system. The winning boys programs football, mens basketball and wrestling were senior heavy and lost really good coaches/staffs for a variety of reasons (Admin change, retirements, AD Retired, HR, new board, teacher shortages, discipline, other opportunity, lack of HR/board taking action to replace those coaches in a timely manner, etc). They knew well in advance of these openings and sat on them with zero process in place or actioning. As the old saying goes, "a failure to plan is planning to fail".
Thank you Wow. You certainly have insight into all of that.

Reactions: bigtime_87
I would hope so, but they lost a lot of seniors last year, not to mention the loss of the qb who just tore his acl.
That partly explains the lack of offense against WD, and last game. Didnt know the QB got hurt.

Trey will be fine, he did well at Forsyth Country Day. However, we might take some lumps just like in football this year.

This is true
Indeed it is, but looking at the roster that returns and having travelled to see yall at tville play a few times, just because I think it’s intriguing, you still have some monsters and talent, though the loss of the qb is tough. It seems like it will come down to scheme and player development which is probably why Ferguson seemed to shine. Your teams always seemed to peak at the right time under her and have remarkable grit at the end of the year. That south stokes game was a masterclass in resilience and coaching despite the loss.

I also wonder how things go going from a private school with a lot of talent…a lot…to the public school.

It’ll be interesting to see Ferguson’s teams at Ledford too. I saw last night that, with the exception of her post, her team is pretty young…we at north enjoy beating them but I’m not sure they continues for long.

Does tville play Ledford this year? What an atmosphere that would be!

Reactions: Wow71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT