ADVERTISEMENT

This week in the SMC

Are the Andrews boys practicing or are they out?
I can only say one for sure and another is still limping bad but I can’t speak of his eligibility and I haven’t heard about the one with a nose injury. We play HD tomorrow night, Robbinsville Thursday and Nantahala Friday which are all away. I think we will be ok but next week we have Cherokee away and Hayesville at home. Hopefully we can squeeze out wins this week and be healthy next week for 2 huge games

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Gritty win for Murphy girls, barring something unforeseen tonight's win probably wraps up at least a share of the conference title.

Murphy's two toughest conference games are still ahead of them (@ Cherokee, @ Robbinsville) but with the Lady Braves already sporting two conference losses the Lady 'Dogs are in position for at least a share of the title.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Boys finals: Cherokee 76, Swain 72; Hayesville 80, Rosman 29; Murphy 71, Robbinsville 58. Andrews was up about 15 on HD in the 4th last I saw.

Like I said a couple weeks ago should be a fun couple of years at the top of the SMC with these two teams, both lose one key senior but bring everybody else back next season.

Murphy won Battle of the States with the team they'll have next year. Robbinsville is a little younger than Murphy but 'Dogs do start two sophomores and have two more sophomores in the rotation.

I'm not sure how many contributing seniors Cherokee has, but I'm sure they'll be in the mix the next couple years too like always.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Like I said a couple weeks ago should be a fun couple of years at the top of the SMC with these two teams, both lose one key senior but bring everybody else back next season.

Murphy won Battle of the States with the team they'll have next year. Robbinsville is a little younger than Murphy but 'Dogs do start two sophomores and have two more sophomores in the rotation.

I'm not sure how many contributing seniors Cherokee has, but I'm sure they'll be in the mix the next couple years too like always.

Robbinsville beat Murphy's juniors every time they played that I saw except the regular season in termites but avenged that loss in the playoffs. Granted I didn't see the middle school version.

Robbinsville beat Murphy's juniors every time they played that I saw except the regular season in termites but avenged that loss in the playoffs. Granted I didn't see the middle school version.
I don't pay much attention to youth league or youth league results because a lot can change between termites/mites and high school (feeder schools, kids quitting, kids moving in) both are quite a bit different now than then. Robbinsville is different too with the two Puerto Rican girls moving in. Bottom line both will be tough next year and among the best teams in 1A.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Anyone with a Mitchell Rosman girls final score from Thursday's game? Did they even play? Maxpreps had Rosman playing Both Murphy and Mitchell last night...SMH

Last edited:
Swain's leading Hayesville at the half thanks to the officials and this color guy on the maroon devil network is hard to listen to he is an idiot and knows nothing about basketball very distasteful

Swain shooting the ball really well and doing a good job on McTaggart. Questionable calls—tech on a soccer flop, etc—hurting Hayesville but Maroon Devils deserve credit, too. 38-22, Swain scored 28 in second quarter. Not going to complain about homer announcers, just grateful that they show the games.

Its just disrespectful to talk about players in the manner he does Swain is shooting it well but if it wasn't for the officials it would be an 8 point game not 16

Listen he has yelled at the officials during the broadcast and has been blatantly disrespectful of Hayesville players he shouldn't be allowed to broadcast the other guy has done a great job of play by play
Whatever you say man. Whatever makes you sleep better at night

In my opinion the zone defense really threw Hayesville out of sync in first half. Swain was aggressive and shot the ball well especially in 2nd Qtr. I can’t say anything about officiating because they have been horrible every game. As far as the broadcast it’s no different from going to Hayesville with their announcer, cheerleaders on the visitors side etc. it’s home team advantage. It’s no different from the Murphy radio announcers in football. Both are paid by home team sponsors. I hear Andrews is going to put our Pep band right in the center of the visitors side when we play Hayesville

Reactions: WickedStix9
Listen he has yelled at the officials during the broadcast and has been blatantly disrespectful of Hayesville players he shouldn't be allowed to broadcast the other guy has done a great job of play by play
Game was @ swain, I expect announcer to be more objective towards there team. If hayesville players or fans piss and moan about announcing our season will end soon, game is played on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT