ADVERTISEMENT

This week in the SMC

All I am saying is let fans, bands, spectators etc be critical and say what they want. But as a commentator radio, tv or reporter their should be an expected level of professionalism. Talking negatively about specific players in the manner he did is not professional. As a former color commentator for sports I would have been fired so quick it's not even funny for the same type of comments.

All I am saying is let fans, bands, spectators etc be critical and say what they want. But as a commentator radio, tv or reporter their should be an expected level of professionalism. Talking negatively about specific players in the manner he did is not professional. As a former color commentator for sports I would have been fired so quick it's not even funny for the same type of comments.
In all seriousness I know what your saying and your probably right but it being school sponsored it’s not the same. Swain has had like different people do that spot and they are usually all the same as far as comments. The play by play announcer is good though. I’m sure the Swain fans enjoy it and rightly so

Murphy girls cruising against the 8th ranked AAA team in Georgia (Fannin County) at the half. SMC girls will have some tough outs come playoff time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
In my opinion the zone defense really threw Hayesville out of sync in first half. Swain was aggressive and shot the ball well especially in 2nd Qtr. I can’t say anything about officiating because they have been horrible every game. As far as the broadcast it’s no different from going to Hayesville with their announcer, cheerleaders on the visitors side etc. it’s home team advantage. It’s no different from the Murphy radio announcers in football. Both are paid by home team sponsors. I hear Andrews is going to put our Pep band right in the center of the visitors side when we play Hayesville
That would be better than right behind the bench! Lol
Are we really bringing up the announcer again are y’all still butt hurt over the names being called fast? Swains PA announcer did ours fast and we didn’t have time to finish our secret handshakes during intros but somehow we made it through. Maybe we can hand pick the officials like we do at home so that will be something to complain about since your names will be called out loudly and slow paced. Don’t worry about how you call ours out it doesn’t bother us. We have been spit on and cussed at numerous places for just being the better team that night, but one thing is for sure we won’t cry about how our intros are done. Let’s just enjoy another good game between two good teams and a lot of fine young athletes.

Are we really bringing up the announcer again are y’all still butt hurt over the names being called fast? Swains PA announcer did ours fast and we didn’t have time to finish our secret handshakes during intros but somehow we made it through. Maybe we can hand pick the officials like we do at home so that will be something to complain about since your names will be called out loudly and slow paced. Don’t worry about how you call ours out it doesn’t bother us. We have been spit on and cussed at numerous places for just being the better team that night, but one thing is for sure we won’t cry about how our intros are done. Let’s just enjoy another good game between two good teams and a lot of fine young athletes.
Take some lessons 13. At least train knows how to cut it straight without complaining every 3 words

Lmbo. Just having some fun. Don’t take me serious. If we can’t get on here without someone being over sensitive it’s not worth getting on here. We all take little jabs at each other but trust me The only ones that are butt hurt are the ones who like the drama of a game when the game is in their favor especially on their home court but can’t handle it when it’s the other teams advantage. I watched the Hayesville / Swain game Friday night and to me it was just another game in the SMC. The season is almost over so let’s just enjoy the last few weeks. It’s a long way to football season

Reactions: Smctrain
Lmbo. Just having some fun. Don’t take me serious. If we can’t get on here without someone being over sensitive it’s not worth getting on here. We all take little jabs at each other but trust me The only ones that are butt hurt are the ones who like the drama of a game when the game is in their favor especially on their home court but can’t handle it when it’s the other teams advantage. I watched the Hayesville / Swain game Friday night and to me it was just another game in the SMC. The season is almost over so let’s just enjoy the last few weeks. It’s a long way to football season
I was just giving y’all a hard time my keyboard doesn’t type sarcasm well!

I was just giving y’all a hard time my keyboard doesn’t type sarcasm well!
It’s all good. My big concern is the next 3 games but the biggest is everyone having to travel to Rosman for the Conference Tournament. That could shake things up a little just for the long travel. Good luck to all the SMC and Go Chiefs !!!!

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
It’s all good. My big concern is the next 3 games but the biggest is everyone having to travel to Rosman for the Conference Tournament. That could shake things up a little just for the long travel. Good luck to all the SMC and Go Chiefs !!!!
When does the tournament start?

Not trying to stir controversy but I really am. Lol. I’ve watched Hayesville schedule for a couple of weeks now and noticed back then they are showing 1 more Conference win than they have played. Right now they are showing 11 - 0 but have only played 10 conference games. I thought they would catch it and make the change but it’s probably another head game of Cottrel to get better rankings. You can’t fool this old Cat !!!

Reactions: WickedStix9
It was Que's idea. She said she didn't here from people on this end of the state enough.
Lol. She has heard from me but she didn’t respond to my last email which was allowing transgender athletes to compete against female athletes. I wasn’t to nice but have no regrets on that subject

Reactions: BK13T-$
First time seeing Dr. Allstate this year! Can’t say I missed him. He is terrible!!!

Reactions: MHS-88
First time seeing Dr. Allstate this year! Can’t say I missed him. He is terrible!!!
He is the most conceded official I’ve ever seen. He wants to be bigger than the game. I have only seen him once this year and that was to much. He is terrible for sure

Reactions: MHS-88
Murphy girls win comfortably at Cherokee tonight, congratulations on the conference championship. A win tomorrow against Swain wraps up the outright conference title.

Listened to some of it on the radio. Andrews’ big man still out, and they turned it over a lot. Santa Maria has been on a tear this week for Cherokee. 47 on Monday against Murphy and not sure what he ended up with last night but his name was getting called a lot.

Listened to some of it on the radio. Andrews’ big man still out, and they turned it over a lot. Santa Maria has been on a tear this week for Cherokee. 47 on Monday against Murphy and not sure what he ended up with last night but his name was getting called a lot.
Thank you. The stats came out and We had 20 turnovers and again had a awful night shooting free throws. Cherokee is playing good ball at the right time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT