ADVERTISEMENT

Thanksgiving and Pumpkins

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
To be practicing on Thanksgiving is a big deal for all teams with dreams of a State Championship. Either an early practice to allow the kids to have a late dinner with family or a feed put on for the team.

Both SWO and East Bladen will do that Thursday. They both will have Turkey but what about the Pumpkin ?

From what I say about the last 20 years, SWO holds a record of 5-0 over East Bladen

2002 - w 33-12 1st rd
2003 w 23-17 East div title
2011 w 20-0 non-conf
2012 w 27-7 non-conf
2013 w 27-24 2nd rd

Looks like this game will be the first 3rd round meeting. Now for the Pumpkin

Friday afternoon the Stallions will load up the Horses and take a road trip for this 6th meeting. And yes we will be sporting our revived Orange Helments, aka as the "PUNKIN HEADS" Yes Charlie Brown the GREAT PUMPKIN is coming to a game near you.

I can remember when folks at wrh thought that playing after Thanksgiving was a successful season. Takes more than that now!

Reactions: dogs79
I can remember when folks at wrh thought that playing after Thanksgiving was a successful season. Takes more than that now!

Olddog77 .....when you are as successful as WHR has been most season there is no where to go but down. They have done a great job of staying at the top. Go up another rung Friday night. Rootin for ya.

Reactions: Orangecrush95
Winner of ne/Wallace will take out SWO should they make it past East Bladen and that's a big IF.

I am glad Coach Dempsey decided to bring the pumpkin heads back. Tradition smashmouth football back when Coach Simmons was around.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT