ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Vikings and opinion

Finish Strong2

Oct 23, 2017
I am seeing on Nc preps and Carolina preps many post from fans from the west mountain region and likewise from fans in the east regarding this years Tarboro team. This is just my respectful opinion in regards to what I’m reading from both sides and not being from the Edgecombe County area. My perspective merely from seeing two games Tarboro games this year. First I would like to say that any team no matter how good can go down and sometimes in a surprising fast way by just being out coached or just dominated. I read where the West has spoken and said Tarboro hasn’t played anyone and hasn’t been hit by anyone. I read from the east that Tarboro has the best team it’s ever had and while that is yet to be determined because I define being the best by defeating the best and doing it with class. Tarboro’s Coach Craddock will be prepared and will not make excuses win or lose because from my understanding he lets God lead him as he leads his team. That together in itself is a powerful combination and I’m sure many other schools do the same. So respectfully to both East and West sides I will say any team on any given day can go down. Tarboro respects every opponent whether they are favored or not. To the good folks in the East I feel very strongly that Tarboro has all the right tools in place to advance through the playoffs but that’s why they play the game one at a time! To the folks in the West if you think Tarboro is a cake walk just due to conference play that will be like pouring gas on a fire! If left underestimated things will not bode well for teams playing Tarboro! There are a lot of good teams in the East and the West such as Mt Airy, N. Stanly, Murphy, Edenton, East Carteret, West Montgomery and Tarboro. Good luck to all teams on their quest for the 1AA championship for 2017!

Reactions: dogs79 and JAHAces
I look forward to watching Tarboro play some talented 1A teams. Hopefully, we will be able to host West Montgomery next week and get a feel for what the West (almost West) has to offer. Stay healthy WM. I want to see you at full strength!

Out of those five straight years we went to the title game gurley was a vital part of two( he was brought up as a jv player who played on kickoff as a sophomore that's it)
those teams from 08-12 were loaded with talent besides Gurley. I'm full of pride when I think of a school the size of Tarboro producing the talent that it has. In that 5 year span we had two guys go to the NFL and another one on the way (2016 big ten defensive lineman of the year, tyquan Lewis). Todd was great, no doubt it, but we've had some awesome talent all around the board.

Yes, the Mountain Heritage won was a great team. But the next couple of years good Lord. And I meant that there was much much more than just Gurley.

Somebody Jack him please....everyone knows tarboro is the team to beat. No body cares. They score 60+ points per game...they give up 4+ points per game...we all know this. What do you really want? The hype Murphy is getting?

Reactions: 4yds-cloud-dust
Before watching Tarboro recently against James Kenan, I had seen them play only once and that was Gurly's senior season. When the Vikings dominated East Duplin in the playoffs. There was a scoop and score and a pick six by a defensive end and the running game demolished the ED d-line. I know Tarboro hasn't been back to that form but the staff and tradition should always be respected out there.

I honestly only see WM and Holmes giving them any kind of test at all before the state title game.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAHAces
Pretty sure Tarboro's coach said early in the season this is the most talented team he's ever had at Tarboro. That's saying a lot. In my opinion Tarboro wins the Championship this year and no one will be able to stay within 14 points of them.

Tarboro is the favorite pure and simple. WRose-Hill is gone now.

If Tarboro gets Murphy it will be a game. Murphy and North Stanly both are very very good football teams. They certainly aren’t WRH of a year ago but they will give Tarboro a game.

If Tarboro gets Mt.Airy or Murphy they will have to earn it. Face it, Tarboro really hasn't played anyone with a pulse in weeks. Will they fold if a team actually challenges them? One thing is for sure. Donovan Greene WR from Mt.Airy will be the most athletic individual on the field regardless of who they play, going forward.

Tarboro has played no one really, but they are beating teams as they should. My biggest concern with them if I were on there coaching staff is - how we they react when they play a Murphy or MA and things are tough. And Murphy especially, has some size and strength up front, and may stack the box. Can they pass at all if needed. Tarboro and Murphy, in particular, would be one interesting and entertaining matchup

This Tarboro team has played someone. Not so much this year - but people fail to realize that the core group of this team has been on Varsity since their Sophmore year. They have been in battles with WRH and James Kenan and have felt the heartbreak of losing those games.

To think that that this group hasn't been tested is crazy.

Reactions: dogs79
Tarboro VS Murphy would be interesting. Tarboros biggest enemy would be their own offense. What do y'all call it down there, the Tarboro T? Also known as the wing t. Not saying either team would win or lose but Murphy has 6 or 7 games seeing the wing t.

Reactions: dogs79
WM ran that offense for 20+ plus years. Straight T is what I've always known it to be. It's not wingT

Yeah James Garmon had that Straight T down to a science. I think Tarboro runs it. Not sure if they Wing or Double Wing it at times. I would think they do

This was the James Garmon era in 70’s and 80’s. WM ran a Straight T formation. Tarboro runs the same but cheats fullback up a bit

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT