ADVERTISEMENT

SWE @ WRH

SWE'98

Aug 17, 2010
At the half, it's WRH 36 SWE 14. As expected, we can't do much to stop their rushing attack. But we have also hurt ourselves with two turnovers that led to touchdowns. Both came after big receptions, with the receiver fumbling it away. Well, the second one was more of a strip. But the point is, receivers have given the ball away twice after decent yardage on the catch and run. Our O line continues to allow defenders in the backfield, however, we haven't run it as poorly as I have seen before. We're getting a few yards here and there on the ground, but we're losing plenty too. We've had two nearly 70 yard runs. One ended at the 4, (scored) and the other found the house. I think we can get away with putting it in the air. We've had open receivers, but a lot of times, our qb is on the run. Like I said earlier, we've connected some. And we had a 40 something yard connection that put us inside the 10 with 5 seconds left in the half. But the next play was an int in the end zone because the QB was heavily pressured. Would have been great to make it 22-36 going into the locker room, especially since we get the ball first coming out. But overall, I'm actually pleased with our first half performance. It'd really be something if the refs were calling obvious penalties, but oh well. I don't think WRH is worried, but at least we've made them break a sweat. Have exceeded my expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
SWE with a2 play, 65 yard drive. I'm sure the backups for the Bulldogs are in though.
WRH 43 SWE 22

I know the backups are in on defense now! 65 yard td run by SWE. 57-30.

40 yard td pass by SWE. Somebody missed assignment. Receiver was lined up uncovered.
WRH 71 SWE 36

Dog, why is #5 still in the game returning kicks with a 35 point lead and 3 minutes left? That's dangerous.

We were saying the same thing about 5 being out there late in the game. As far as kickoffs go. Teams rarely kick to him anyway.

Ever since our new coach got to SouthWest, I've been against him. Even with his 6-3, second round spring season team, I've been unhappy with him, because he had taken our 40ppg offense and turned it into a baseball scoring, shut out machine. And for whatever reason, this season, our defense caught up to the ineptitude of our offense. We couldn't stop a middle school team this year. I have not been exaggerating about our sorry defense. Tonight's final score was 71-36. That we scored 36 points is a whole other story. But in the history of SWE football, we have never given up 70 points. Even if it was the storied WRH. Tonight was a new low for SWE football. And the sad thing is, it was one of the best games they played this year. I can't even be mad at their effort. They played the absolute best they could. But preparation matters in football. And they were not afforded proper preparation. That is not the fault of the players. There needs to be a complete overhaul. New low. Even the 0-11 teams didn't play that bad on offense or defense.

Ever since our new coach got to SouthWest, I've been against him. Even with his 6-3, second round spring season team, I've been unhappy with him, because he had taken our 40ppg offense and turned it into a baseball scoring, shut out machine. And for whatever reason, this season, our defense caught up to the ineptitude of our offense. We couldn't stop a middle school team this year. I have not been exaggerating about our sorry defense. Tonight's final score was 71-36. That we scored 36 points is a whole other story. But in the history of SWE football, we have never given up 70 points. Even if it was the storied WRH. Tonight was a new low for SWE football. And the sad thing is, it was one of the best games they played this year. I can't even be mad at their effort. They played the absolute best they could. But preparation matters in football. And they were not afforded proper preparation. That is not the fault of the players. There needs to be a complete overhaul. New low. Even the 0-11 teams didn't play that bad on offense or defense.
Southwest edgecombes head coach is quickly ruining swe at a rapid pace. Sad to watch honestly. How a program that was literally just a few key pieces from playing for a state title can fall this far amazes me. I knew coach Johnathan Cobb leaving would hurt you guys but I didn't think it would hurt this bad. I feel your pain @SWE'98 but going off of what you've told me before your AD doesn't exactly like firing people before so IDK what the future for swe holds. Hopefully next year you guys will improve, but if you guys struggle just as bad next season as you did this season then a new coach has to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
SWE was starting to get chippy towards the end. I thought our guys kept there composure well.
And our coaches were on the sidelines telling our players to do it again. Never would have been said with the previous regime. Would have pulled their butts out. Didn't like it one bit. Too late to get fired up now.

@SWE'98 Your kids played hard. One hit Kanye as hard as I've seen anyone hit him. Nice meeting you sir.
They have a linebacker that really hit our rb hard in the 1st qtr last week. Sounded like 2 bulls butting heads. Both got right up. Wonder if it was the same kid. I think it was our 2nd offensive drive.

Was a pleasure.
You are welcome to Vanceboro next week. I had planned on setting up to cook steaks for the guys but I can't get off next Friday. We got 4 already put in to go hunting. I might can get off an hour early. I may just see if everyone wants to eat seafood at Vera's in Vanceboro before the game. Come eat with us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT