ADVERTISEMENT

SWE vs THS moved to Monday

This was a no brainer, as far as the gate is concerned. This is the biggest game of the entire season, sans a state championship game, for both squads. Not sure just how torrential the downpour will be Friday, so I can't comment on safety concerns. But anything that could potentially keep people at home is a no go for this rivalry game. It was already gonna be packed anyway, but throw in the fact that both Tarboro, #2 1A, and SWE, #8 2A, are undefeated at 5-0, my guess is that many people will be turned away at the gate. It's only Wednesday, but I've already gotten my ticket. I suggest anyone tha wants to attend to do the same.

I don't know why this game is not scheduled for Thursday night, majority of the rain coming Fri., Sat. and Sun.. After all the rain has soaked into the field this weekend it will be a complete disaster after Monday night.

Here's my educated (or noneducated, depending on who u ask) guess: Coaches' decision. I don't think either coach or team minds playing in the rain. Hell, it sounds fun to me. But not playing during a downpour was a financial decision. Can't blame the administration one bit. So that left thursday and monday. I don't know about Tarboro, but SWE has a bye next week, and an away game the week after that. So having a short week doesn't worry them as far as rest, recovery, and preparation. And the field will have two weeks to recover before the next home game. But playing on thursday takes away a day of preparation for an awesome team on both sides. So, not speaking for SWE because I am merely just throwing a thought out there, it makes for sense for the home team to push it to monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT