ADVERTISEMENT

Swain at Robbinsville

Well like I said I wouldn't take it to the bank mainly because I just used everyone's oopw as is....
1 Eastern Randolph
2 Mount Airy
3 Startmount
4 Mitchell
5 Murphy
6 Mountain Island Charter
7 Thomasville
8 Mountain Heritage
9 Thomas Jefferson
10 Robbinsville
If Murphy beats Andrews Friday and Starmount loses to East Wilkes is there any chance Murphy jumps them in the RPI? It looks to me like Murphy is pretty well locked into the #8 or #9 seed now unless they lose to Andrews. Of course the difference in #8 and #9 is pretty significant because it's the difference in an additional home game or not.

If Murphy beats Andrews Friday and Starmount loses to East Wilkes is there any chance Murphy jumps them in the RPI? It looks to me like Murphy is pretty well locked into the #8 or #9 seed now unless they lose to Andrews. Of course the difference in #8 and #9 is pretty significant because it's the difference in an additional home game or not.
Well I edited it after your quote I've got Starmount #4 but using the formula I used I came up with Startmont with a RPI of .584486 and Murphy#5 with .583550 so real close plus I don't know where the teams real oopw ,Murphy's might help them overtake them, the thing that helps Startmont so much is their opw which now is .66446 and won't go down much after the game, but using the math I meationed if they lose they would go from .584486 to .554480. But without figuring up the correct oopw plus my opw is sometimes a little off because I don't know how many digits they use in their percentages so I could definitely be off.

Last edited:
Wouldn't robbinsville be at least higher than MIC. Robbinsville winning would increase there rpi by 0.041. Making it 0.601(without OWP and OOWP). MIC is 0.56731 and 1 more win for them only increases there WP by 0.012. And MICs OWP is like the lowest in entire 1a so doubt that increases that significantly? Wish it was just WP and OWP would be a lot easier to predict the OOWP is when it gets really tedious to figure out.
Well here's an example of what I did using Robbinsville and Mtn Island

8-1 Mtn Island play LN charter who's wp is .63. Mtn Island opw is .38294 × 9 ( they've played 9 games) = 3.44546×.63= 4.07646 ÷ 10 = .407646 ( new opw)
If they win they'll be 9-1 or .90
Using existing oopw .49229
.90×30%= .27
.407646×40%= .1630584
.49229 ×30%= .147687
The 3 numbers added together= .580745 RPI

5-3 Robbinsville , Hayesville wp .33
opw .54167×8= 4.33336 + .33= 4.66336 ÷9=
.51815 opw again using existing oopw .51947
If they win they'll be 6-3 or .67
.67×30%= .201
.51815×40%= .20726
.51947× 30%= .155841
Total .564101 RPI

Last edited:
Well here's an example of what I did using Robbinsville and Mtn Island

8-1 Mtn Island play LN charter who's wp is .63. Mtn Island opw is .38294 × 9 ( they've played 9 games) = 3.44546×.63= 4.07646 ÷ 10 = .407646 ( new opw)
If they win they'll be 9-1 or .90
Using existing oopw .49229
.90×30%= .27
.407646×40%= .1630584
.49229 ×30%= .147687
The 3 numbers added together= .580745 RPI

5-3 Robbinsville , Hayesville wp .33
opw .54167×8= 4.33336 + .33= 4.66336 ÷9=
.51815 opw again using existing oopw .51947
If they win they'll be 6-3 or .67
.67×30%= .201
.51815×40%= .20726
.51947× 30%= .155841
Total .564101 RPI
Imo, looks like Robbinsville will end in 6th and surpass Thomasville which will drop to 7th. Is that what you see happening? The new RPI’s were posted an hour ago

Imo, looks like Robbinsville will end in 6th and surpass Thomasville which will drop to 7th. Is that what you see happening? The new RPI’s were posted an hour ago
That's another thing trying to predict this stuff they update all the time and sometimes the numbers change doesn't look like they did this time.
But using the formula I showed gave Thomasville .548080 so that using this format puts them #10 and Robbinsville #9 ..I had them higher for some reason I used the wrong wp of their next opponent @ .56 but must have mixed them up in my head with someone else because they are 0-7.
But you can take my predictions with a grain of salt.

That's another thing trying to predict this stuff they update all the time and sometimes the numbers change doesn't look like they did this time.
But using the formula I showed gave Thomasville .548080 so that using this format puts them #10 and Robbinsville #9 ..I had them higher for some reason I used the wrong wp of their next opponent @ .56 but must have mixed them up in my head with someone else because they are 0-7.
But you can take my predictions with a grain of salt.
Yeah that’s why had Robb jumping Tvlle for 6th in the seedings

My take on last night and a question.
Robbinsville played much better as a team. Take away a breakdown on a kickoff return and Robbinsville wins by 24. Much better play from the QB, if he’s on and comfortable Robbinsville will be a tough out. The Line played the best game they’ve played all year IMO . Still a little shaky at times defending the pass but the pass interference calls are better than getting beat deep.Question: With the kicker we have why the lob wedge kickoffs giving our opponents the ball at midfield ? Seems like a lot of pressure on the defense when we cut the field in half on kickoffs . I am in no way questioning our coaches decision to kick it short just don’t know why. I would think if a kicker can kick several 40+ yard field goals he can probably kick it to the 10 yard line or so. Anyway , congratulations Knights and staff . Don’t lay an egg Friday, finish strong and we’ll see what happens.
You answered your own question. We do the lob kicks that way our coverage is less likely to be broken down and a big play like that happen.

Yeah that’s why had Robb jumping Tvlle for 6th in the seedings
Unless serval teams lose I don't see how Robbinsville gets to #6. I took for example Mtn Heritage who I have being #7 now if they lose Friday and Rob wins then yeah Rob would be higher but if they both win I took their current oopw subtracted a 3% drop in MH current # and added 3% to Robbinsville and while very close MH RPIwas still higher.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It's beyond me how Murphy is that much higher than Robbinsville. We beat them..We have the toughest 1A schedule in the state according to maxpreps and Simmons. We destroyed Asheville who beat Reynolds and won their conference. We have the same number of losses as Murphy. Maybe Robbinsvilles 9 game season is coming back to bite us? I feel like there are errors deep in this system that will be impossible to find. I think when rpis first came out there were some glitches and it just keeps snowballing

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Unless serval teams lose I don't see how Robbinsville gets to #6. I took for example Mtn Heritage who I have being #7 now if they lose Friday and Rob wins then yeah Rob would be higher but if they both win I took their current oopw subtracted a 3% drop in MH current # and added 3% to Robbinsville and while very close MH RPIwas still higher.

6th in seeding not rpi.

Reactions: Griddie
Well I’m talking 6 for seeding purposes since they will be a No. 1

You answered your own question. We do the lob kicks that way our coverage is less likely to be broken down and a big play like that happen.
He can kick it into the endzone if I'm not mistaken..Why don't we do that. Big oak buddy is correct, it was all the fans were talking about in the stands. We kick it out of bounds 90% of the time but we decide to kick it inbounds to the 40 yd line with 40 seconds til halftime thus the big return. If it ever needed kicked out of bounds it was just before the half giving no chance for return

It's beyond me how Murphy is that much higher than Robbinsville. We beat them..We have the toughest 1A schedule in the state according to maxpreps and Simmons. We destroyed Asheville who beat Reynolds and won their conference. We have the same number of losses as Murphy. Maybe Robbinsvilles 9 game season is coming back to bite us?
9 games and 3 losses. You take Brevard game away or Cherokee game away and things are a lot different

It's beyond me how Murphy is that much higher than Robbinsville. We beat them..We have the toughest 1A schedule in the state according to maxpreps and Simmons. We destroyed Asheville who beat Reynolds and won their conference. We have the same number of losses as Murphy. Maybe Robbinsvilles 9 game season is coming back to bite us?
Scratch that Murphy has 3 losses as well🤷🏻‍♂️

sounds good to me. Like I said I'm not second guessing anyone just didnt know. Thanks

It's beyond me how Murphy is that much higher than Robbinsville. We beat them..We have the toughest 1A schedule in the state according to maxpreps and Simmons. We destroyed Asheville who beat Reynolds and won their conference. We have the same number of losses as Murphy. Maybe Robbinsvilles 9 game season is coming back to bite us? I feel like there are errors deep in this system that will be impossible to find. I think when rpis first came out there were some glitches and it just keeps snowballing
Well to your first part MaxPreps and Simmons while probably Incorporating some RPI in their strength of schedule use other criterias as well in their strength of schedule formula which no one but them know like they probably do get you by credit for playing a larger school for example Asheville then credit for beating them and Broome but as far as the RPI is concerned you played a 7-2 team actually it will count them as 7-1 ( doesn't count your game for a opw) and Broome a 4-5 team it will count them as 3-5 it doesn't care about their classification.
But as to the last part there is very little difference between Murphy's and Rob's RPI it doesn't take much to make a difference. So I added up Robbinsville current RPI but used 6-3 instead of 5-3 like of they had played 9 games upto now and won. In that situation Robbinsville would be #5 and Murphy #6.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Well to your first part MaxPreps and Simmons while probably Incorporating some RPI in their strength of schedule use other criterias as well in their strength of schedule formula which no one but them know like they probably do get you by credit for playing a larger school for example Asheville then credit for beating them and Broome but as far as the RPI is concerned you played a 7-2 team actually it will count them as 7-1 ( doesn't count your game for a opw) and Broome a 4-5 team it will count them as 3-5 it doesn't care about their classification.
But as to the last part there is very little difference between Murphy's and Rob's RPI it doesn't take much to make a difference. So I added up Robbinsville current RPI but used 6-3 instead of 5-3 like of they had played 9 games upto now and won. In that situation Robbinsville would be #5 and Murphy #6.
Does Robbinsville jump MIC or TJ? I had them at 6th

Well I’m talking 6 for seeding purposes since they will be a No. 1
Oh gotcha I'm talking RPI ranking and your talking the playoffs seeding sorry about that. Yeah if they win the conference they'll be seated first with other conference champions even if another conference team has a higher RPI.

Reactions: Griddie
Does Robbinsville jump MIC or TJ? I had them at 6th
Well as far as seeding that's the million dollar question. Some think teams like MIC and TJ who are in split conferences will be in the first seatings with the conference champions since they won their classification which would mean they'd be seeded higher the Rob because of their higher RPI.
But some believe that only overall conference winners are seated first in which case if Robbinsville wins the conference they'd have a higher seed then MIC and TJ.

Well robbinsville had to go to Mitchell in 2017 and Mitchell only won the 1a part so I'd thinkthe silver 🥄 s will be ahead of robbinsville

He can kick it into the endzone if I'm not mistaken..Why don't we do that. Big oak buddy is correct, it was all the fans were talking about in the stands. We kick it out of bounds 90% of the time but we decide to kick it inbounds to the 40 yd line with 40 seconds til halftime thus the big return. If it ever needed kicked out of bounds it was just before the half giving no chance for return
That kick was actually kicked to the 19 and after 27 missed tackles, they returned it to our 27. If he could kick it into the end zone consistently, don’t you think that’s what we’d be doing?? If we execute that kick the way its drew up we put them on the 25-35 yd line every time. I guess everyone in the stands thinks we’re dumb, but I never see any of them at practice.....🤔

Is Robbinsville mostly healthy now? If so I have no doubt regardless of RPI, playoff seeding, home field, away whatever a deep playoff run is in order for them. And watch out the next couple of years.

As far as Mitchell being a silver spoon, I would think more like a rusty fork but hey that’s just my opinion. Seems like for the past several years Mitchell has traveled to the SMC site as often as the SMC has come to Ledger. And those late round games have ended in a SMC win No matter where the game was. I guess the only fair thing is for the WHC or any split conference to never have a home playoff game huh? Not sure what has happened with a couple folks this season, I have always thought there was some mutual respect and it still seems to be there for most but oh well.

I will continue to pull for mountain teams to represent until they are beaten then for those that come out of the west region.

Go Mountaineers

Is Robbinsville mostly healthy now? If so I have no doubt regardless of RPI, playoff seeding, home field, away whatever a deep playoff run is in order for them. And watch out the next couple of years.

As far as Mitchell being a silver spoon, I would think more like a rusty fork but hey that’s just my opinion. Seems like for the past several years Mitchell has traveled to the SMC site as often as the SMC has come to Ledger. And those late round games have ended in a SMC win No matter where the game was. I guess the only fair thing is for the WHC or any split conference to never have a home playoff game huh? Not sure what has happened with a couple folks this season, I have always thought there was some mutual respect and it still seems to be there for most but oh well.

I will continue to pull for mountain teams to represent until they are beaten then for those that come out of the west region.

Go Mountaineers
I have a lot of respect for the SMC, and their fans, with the exception of Robbinsville fans. They bill themselves as the perpetual underdogs, every single rule, call, regulation, flag whatever, has been against them. Their fans are nothing but insufferable jackasses who want nothing but to complain about everything that theoretically might not go their way.

That kick was actually kicked to the 19 and after 27 missed tackles, they returned it to our 27. If he could kick it into the end zone consistently, don’t you think that’s what we’d be doing?? If we execute that kick the way its drew up we put them on the 25-35 yd line every time. I guess everyone in the stands thinks we’re dumb, but I never see any of them at practice.....🤔
Tell em BlackCat

I have a lot of respect for the SMC, and their fans, with the exception of Robbinsville fans. They bill themselves as the perpetual underdogs, every single rule, call, regulation, flag whatever, has been against them. Their fans are nothing but insufferable jackasses who want nothing but to complain about everything that theoretically might not go their way.
I have respect for Mitchell and their fans, but this jackass takes the cake… let’s go back and read all of your excuses from past years…? I’m sure you have way more than Robbinsville does.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I have respect for Mitchell and their fans, but this jackass takes the cake… let’s go back and read all of your excuses from past years…? I’m sure you have way more than Robbinsville does.
Go find them, select the multi-quote button, and post them here for all to see.

Gotta admit y’all are sandbaggers

A Mitchell fan was complaining last year about having to go to Robbinsville. He even said "if it wasn't for covid Robbinsville would've had to travel to Mitchell". Look it up or don't, it's still a FACT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT