ADVERTISEMENT

ST Pauls@ Whiteville

bro bro whats on your mind? You cant possibly be disrespecting St. Pauls like that. This game will be explosive.
I have seen both teams play once each, both times on nfhs. Whiteville appears to me to not have alot of weaknesses. Maybe pass defense- really not sure. Midway played u guys respectfully best i remember. What whiteville did to jk pretty much made my mind up. I'm sure st pauls is good. Clinton could of easily beaten yal. Nobody has played whiteville within 4 tds all yr. i think. Jmo

Glad to see you support your team that’s what this is all about. Whiteville and St. Paul’s has a connection Yogi Hickman was a QB for Whiteville and later the head coach at St. Paul’s and was quite successful there.

Glad to see you support your team that’s what this is all about. Whiteville and St. Paul’s has a connection Yogi Hickman was a QB for Whiteville and later the head coach at St. Paul’s and was quite successful there.
Heard that from other fans. Good stuff. Hey no one has mentioned the weather LOL

Reactions: UNC91
Heard that from other fans. Good stuff. Hey no one has mentioned the weather LOL
RedZone,I think most teams play different in 30s weather. We used to warm weather here in East. West teams handle cold weather slot better. Hard to hold on to ball when it's real cold,hurts like hell to get hit hard time after time. Just something to think about!

RedZone,I think most teams play different in 30s weather. We used to warm weather here in East. West teams handle cold weather slot better. Hard to hold on to ball when it's real cold,hurts like hell to get hit hard time after time. Just something to think about!
You don't have to tell me more than once. Not sure that I could do it. I admire such players for remaining calm and emotionless.

Reactions: UNC91
Cool my man, thanks. Both Tyson and Shipman are averaging close to 10 yards a carry. EJ is a threat from anywhere on the field pretty doggone fast. QB play has been solid with very few TO’s.

Wolfpack cruises - wins this one easily. Contemplating the trip … haven’t been to Legion in 21-yrs.

Last edited:
Yo hope this helps
These stats are not right way under.
Cool my man, thanks. Both Tyson and Shipman are averaging close to 10 yards a carry. EJ is a threat from anywhere on the field pretty doggone fast. QB play has been solid with very few TO’s.
I believe EJ is well over 1000 yards, and Shipman's i think has about 1 to 150 yards more

These stats are not right way under.

I believe EJ is well over 1000 yards, and Shipman's i think has about 1 to 150 yards more
Agree. Maxpreps for you. Then again, coaches has to report this initially.

Strick you remember the Robinson kid that played for Yogi? One heck of a RB.
Yes i do, saw him play at West Brunswick in playoffs. He was a stud, but they lost. I can't remember the score but it was a close one. He gave them fits running the ball, but they run out of time driving for the win.

Seems like Yogi brought a St. Paul’s team to Whiteville and beat us in the playoffs this is going way back. Strick u remember that, ?maybe the game I remember was a regular season game.

Seems like Yogi brought a St. Paul’s team to Whiteville and beat us in the playoffs this is going way back. Strick u remember that, ?maybe the game I remember was a regular season game.
1992. We were undefeated and it was third round. Were really beaten up going into that game. Lost like 16-12 on a late turnover that the Robinson kid returned for a td the best I remember. Next week they lost to West Brunswick. One of our best teams imo but the injury bug sure came into play . We had beaten West Brunswick during the season and they would go on to beat Thomasville for the 2A title. Or was it Maiden ? Getting old!

1992. We were undefeated and it was third round. Were really beaten up going into that game. Lost like 16-12 on a late turnover that the Robinson kid returned for a td the best I remember. Next week they lost to West Brunswick. One of our best teams imo but the injury bug sure came into play . We had beaten West Brunswick during the season and they would go on to beat Thomasville for the 2A title. Or was it Maiden ? Getting old!
I think i do remember that game. Think we went to the WB game together. I believe it was Maiden, but i'am getting old to.

I know Pack is healthy but has anyone heard if St. Pauls qb is going to play? Hurt shoulder?
I haven't heard if the SP QB is good to play or not. Their coach said it was day by day, but we are without our starting safety with a knee injury. He is one of our best players in the secondary, but i bet their QB will play. They said it was his shoulder, but didn't say which one it was.

I didn't think it was Thomasville because they had one one of the best teams i ever saw. Buck71 and i went to see them play Saulsberry which you won in one of the best games i have ever seen. It was on a Saturday night, and the 50-50 jackpot was 600$. That place was packed to the house.
That was 1995. Next week they shut out Clinton in the title game. That 95 Thomasville team was one of the best defensive teams I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
That was 1995. Next week they shut out Clinton in the title game. That 95 Thomasville team was one of the best defensive teams I’ve ever seen.
I could not remember the year we went, but i knew it was around that time. I believe they played a 4-4 with 4 studs on the line and 4 of the best linebackers i have ever seen on a high school field. All 4 were around 6 ft 2 0r 3 and went around 220 and could out run anything on the field. I think Saulsberry was driving for the win around T Vills 20 yard line and was stopped on 4th down as time ran out. Man what a game.

Our backs do lots of plowing through lines, both are over 215 and can move once they break the tackles necessary to get outside. Granted our passing game has been minimal, but I think you go with what got you there. #4 is a beast probably about 225 and has an offer from UNC Charlotte to play LB. If we continue to play virtually mistake free football, we will be hard to beat, inspite of the lack of a passing game.

Whiteville better learn how to pass the ball over night. Won't be able to run all night on NE or WRH or ED.
91, I don’t know about NE but I’m positive that Whiteville will run with lots of success against Wallace and ED. I may be wrong but I doubt it. No offense to the posters from those two, just callin it like I see it

Whiteville throws the ball when they want to. Why throw when you run close to 400 yards a game. Their defense puts them in position to do what ever they want to do. They will throw when you don't expect them to. I have seen them run on 4th and long and score a td. I have seen them throw on 2nd and short for a td. You never know what you are going to get. That is what makes them dangerous. I know SP has a good team or they would not be where they are, but they are going to face a different animal. I also think we are probably facing the best 2a team we have seen. So we will just set back and see 2 really good teams go at it until the game is over and wish the better team the best of luck the rest of the way. Hope and believe it will be the WOLFPACK. lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT