ADVERTISEMENT

SP @ Crest

True to you is bringing your pocketbook and placing a pre game bet. That's where the hype stops and reality sets in. I'll be there by 6 pm when the gates open. I don't accept credit cards......cash only. Seasdog can hold the bet. Can't hear ya!!!!!?????

I'm in 9496, $100.00 and a piss yellow shirt against $100.00 and a Mighty Red Raider tee. Is it a bet?

Last edited:

Keep telling yourself this stuff. You of all people know how chemistry, mind set and leadership effect a team. You have had all americans since the school started, but to win championships and to beat us you have to have that special intangible. #1 and #8 did, likewise with Barnes. Good luck Friday night, and save me the winning 50/50 ticket!

seadog, as long as Shelby Lion's son is not at the game, you might win the half and half.

Reactions: seadog28
Looks like the Sandwich Maker has disappeared from the annual board slugfest as well. Gotta love that girl. She can hang tough for a meer woman. Hope that didn't sound sexist.

GDG, I haven't disappeared, just took a longer than normal break doing some other stuff. I am sure as the season progresses I will be looking for source ingredients for my fresh peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. ;)

It's all fun and games when folks on here pick on each other--makes for good entertainment. But the players, no matter how much they cuss or dive at knees, should be spared the vitriol and limited to X's and O's discussions, even in your thinly-veiled hypothetical example of the obese kicker.

And, no, I am not a sandwich maker. I'm just a fan who's new to the boards and trying to decide whether it's worth it or not to stick around. From what I've seen so far, it's heavy on the hot air around here and a little thin on actual football talk, at least in this thread.

BellyNole, I am the one they call Sandwich Maker because some think as a female I should be in the kitchen making their sandwiches and bringing them a cold one.

BellyNole, I am the one they call Sandwich Maker because some think as a female I should be in the kitchen making their sandwiches and bringing them a cold one.

yea, and barefoot too. You forgot one woman.

rulz i have one now bc i deleted the rest bc i keep adding to many people that i didn't know. lol

seadog, as long as Shelby Lion's son is not at the game, you might win the half and half.

Sasha, the whole Shelby Lion family will probably be at the Burns game where Kane can use his entire 50/50 winnings to buy a hotdog.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Well fellows it is game day and I would like to wish both teams the best of luck tonight.I just wish there was a way both teams could lose.:) Also my final prediction Crest 28 South Point 13.

Well fellows it is game day and I would like to wish both teams the best of luck tonight.I just wish there was a way both teams could lose.:) Also my final prediction Crest 28 South Point 13.

Good luck to the Lions. I look forward to our game, with you, between two undefeated rivals.

Shut yo mouth!!!!!

A couple of years ago... I took Kane to several games, he decided he wanted to buy some half and half tickets.. through four games he won twice.... One time on a buck KMASU said win it for me...Well he did.... Not sure if he ever paid KMA back though.... LOL...

Reactions: sasha_nc
OH yeah..

Game one prediction: Ill go on record and say, the total points scored in this game will absolutely , without a shadow of a doubt, be more that the totality of "real teeth" in the entire fanbases of both squads...

oh by the way...I see this Simmons predictions, and some other comments about Crest winning by 32 prediction. I know he's usually very accurate. Thing I think it is embarrassing to this dude as well as the Big South conference coaches who voted SP to be behind Ashbrook and FV. Does nobody understand that SP upgraded at a couple positions that these other idiot coaches think they lost at? Upgraded. This group is without question stepping out of shadows of a bunch of hype from last couple years, and I guess that's why they're unknown. But mark my words they will enter the playoffs better off than the last couple years SP teams did. I think maybe 1 loss.....possibly 2 in regular season and a playoff run to at least the third round. So, if Crest can beat that type team by 32, then they might as well go ahead and be given the gold trophy to match all their teefes.

oh by the way...I see this Simmons predictions, and some other comments about Crest winning by 32 prediction. I know he's usually very accurate. Thing I think it is embarrassing to this dude as well as the Big South conference coaches who voted SP to be behind Ashbrook and FV. Does nobody understand that SP upgraded at a couple positions that these other idiot coaches think they lost at? Upgraded. This group is without question stepping out of shadows of a bunch of hype from last couple years, and I guess that's why they're unknown. But mark my words they will enter the playoffs better off than the last couple years SP teams did. I think maybe 1 loss.....possibly 2 in regular season and a playoff run to at least the third round. So, if Crest can beat that type team by 32, then they might as well go ahead and be given the gold trophy to match all their teefes.

I can't see anyone beating SP by 32. I'm not being funny this time. We're in for a dog fight.

RM99: You're saying there were some j.v.'s last year that were better than senior starters? Or, perhaps, some varsity players who were sophs or juniors, that sat, or had limited playing time, behind starters?

I've seen it happen before and know that this can happen. Many times in fact. Just want to confirm that's what you're getting at... because... well, if the other Big South coaches think that SP is down at those positions, and they in fact upgraded, then those coaches aren't the biggest idiots around.

Good try tiny D. But, still...partially what I'm saying. One didn't play at all, but is here now (upgrade). One was playing elsewhere (your beloved FV) and not used b/c if your initials aren't MN then apparently you can't touch the ball on offense and he's back where he grew up. I am absolutely not saying any JV players are upgrades. They aren't...not one of them. But, the guys in the shadows the last year or two who played more solidly than the ones that were doted on, will shine this year without question. Now...do politics, mis-usage of personnel and so forth happen? Yes....so I'll agree slightly about your limp wristed jab there. Who knows, the coaches may stick with giving the ball to a no talent 30 times a game....we'll see. I am saying, though, that this team has the ABILITY to go far (easily 3rd round and possibly beyond) as majority first and second year full time starters. Also- nobody has said anything about the OL and DL. One of the best in 3-4 years at SP. Good luck to FV against SP and Clover because I'm telling you right now: Even though I can't speak to the outcome of the flag football games you will engage in between HH and Ashbrook, teams that commit to the run game and are good at it will defeat FV easily.

I don't gamble but I do accept free money. I would be happy to accept any bet that gives me SP and that 32 point spread.

Reactions: coondog8585
O.K. RM99, this year's SP team is better and might make the third round, whereas last year's team went to the 4th round. Yeah, I know what you're saying, so don't get bent.

So, who transferred from FV to South Point? I know a couple of the FV kids, but am not up to date on transfers, etc...

One cannot rely on easy matchups to get through playoffs....so claiming this is a definite 3rd round playoff team on Aug. 21 is nothing to sneeze at. That said....again, I say that they are at least that on ability. What is done with the personnel management, who gets this and that carry, how the DL/OL remains uninjured....who knows. Leeper grew up in Belmont, had some issues and have to move in elsewhere and went to FV a couple years and apparently moved back. I heard he was coming back, and if he can stay on the field....it will be good. I've heard he was legit. I saw him briefly at a scrimmage, and looked very good.

this board is about as passionless as a FV-HH football game. Must I resort to my "fun" tactics to get ye involved? Simple hooks aren't working.........are haymakers needed?

Now let me big time the crest readers - yes I'm posting this on a thread with *crest mentioned:
Big South order of finish prediction:
SP
Ashbrook/HH (tie)
EG
FV/NG (tie)
LKN
Belmont Middle
Stanley JPW
Steele Creek TM
Stuart Cramer

Wow! It appears you are suggesting SP will miss an extra point. Or change your prediction ot SP 33 Crest 28 and we miss 2 extra points.

:eek:
Just got back from the planning committee meeting for tomorrow night's downtown Belmont Victory parade. The mayor and the principal will say a few words to the crowd and then Rulz, Backer, and 91 will come to the stage to bow down and pay respect to the mighty Raiders. Each will be donning a new Raiders jersey complements of SeaDog. After being denied citizenship in Belmont, they will be put back on their tractor and send home to Boiling Springs.

Obama accompanied by Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank is also scheduled to hold a candlelight vigil late tonight for the falling fan base on the steps of Cleveland County Police Department before they all go back under lock and key.:eek:

:eek:

Obama accompanied by Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank is also scheduled to hold a candlelight vigil late tonight for the falling fan base on the steps of Cleveland County Police Department before they all go back under lock and key.:eek:

LOL. I hope this game lives up to the craziness I have read on here.

Good luck to both teams!

I guess y'all have heard about the power outage at Crest. Went out about 8:00 this morning. They have been working furiously to get it back. At this point, they hope to get it back up very late this afternoon. The school sent even sent all the staff home. Very slight possibility it won't be back and the game could be postponed.

I guess y'all have heard about the power outage at Crest. Went out about 8:00 this morning. They have been working furiously to get it back. At this point, they hope to get it back up very late this afternoon. The school sent even sent all the staff home. Very slight possibility it won't be back and the game could be postponed.

Somebody get these people a bigger hamster! I tell you...school budgets these days are tight.

I think you're crossing the line here. Fun and games is fun and games, but you shouldn't call out players like this, even a former one. Very poor form, in my opinion.
Did you say cold one? Don't mind if I do.

Probably gonna be a bunch of crest boys with dirty backs (like their sisters on a weekend night) after this game...if they decide to show up.
Seriously though- is this a stunt designed to delay the game and attempt to move it to the end of the year due to fright? Afraid of SPs size, speed and heroics? This would explain the relative quietness of this group the last 2 months, and especially this week. That, or their mouths of too full of balls to speak.

Seadog --- t-shirt color preference? Wear matching pants tonight...black, red and dk green don't mesh. I hope you're not going out to eat after the game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT