ADVERTISEMENT

SP @ Crest

Seadog--- the bet is off I just can't make myself bet on 15-16 yr old kids. You save your money......

Seadog--- the bet is off I just can't make myself bet on 15-16 yr old kids. You save your money......

Cmon, 9496. We are not betting on kids, we are betting on schools and programs. It's friendly and I'll donate my winnings to the SP booster club. I'll take one of those puke yellow shirts. Go big or go home!

Game day and last prediction:

This is gonna be a great one. One that we will talk about for a long, long time.

Good luck to all the participants. Play hard and play clean. Most of all, enjoy every minute of this great game of football. Make your Mommas proud!

Time for the Belmont super bowl. Can't blame you guys for being excited. This is the most significant game you will play all year.Glad Sasha finally joined the party. Where is CIG ? Get ready for REALITY ...........

Great game Crest. SP played tough but Crest is big, experienced and fast. Would have like to taken that last one in for a 24-20 game but long int return closed it out.

We will get better.

Great game Crest. SP played tough but Crest is big, experienced and fast. Would have like to taken that last one in for a 24-20 game but long int return closed it out.

We will get better.

That interception bit. I was listening to the WCGC announcers and they thought the ball should have come back because Crest clipped. Was there a clip on the play that the refs didn't see or not? (For Cresties, I am not trying to take away from the play because it doesn't really change the fact that Crest won, I just want to know if it happened since I didn't see what happened.)

That interception bit. I was listening to the WCGC announcers and they thought the ball should have come back because Crest clipped. Was there a clip on the play that the refs didn't see or not? (For Cresties, I am not trying to take away from the play because it doesn't really change the fact that Crest won, I just want to know if it happened since I didn't see what happened.)

Not a clip, no. Just a good hard block. Ref was running right with the play.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Watched the game. (Shelbys wasn't online to view, only listen).....Good game, a little sloppy....

Poor Green took a beating all night from Crest but hung in there and played very good.... SP is a gritty bunch,.... both will go very deep in playoffs...

Reactions: sasha_nc
Good effort by the midgets. Crest played like it was the first game but we'll take it. Size and speed all over the place . We told you. It was good to see my friends from South Point. We are your daddy right now.You don't have to like it but it's true.

Hmmm, the game strongly resembled last years teams. Crest still struggles to throw the ball and leaves the ball game in the hands of the defense and running game. The lack of strength in their remaining schedule will be their ally. SP is lacking an explosive back and a throwing game. I believe that Shelby may beat both teams this year as neither were overly impressive. Also I believe that Kings Mtn will give Crest more of a game than they may be prepared for when they meet if they don't develop a passing game.

Looks just like last years team. We will continue to experiment with the passing game.Struggle some on offense.Great defense. Late november...We will be a physical team that pounds you into submission.
Did enjoy seeing friends from Belmont. See you again in Nov. 4 in a row sounds nice.

Hmmm, the game strongly resembled last years teams. Crest still struggles to throw the ball and leaves the ball game in the hands of the defense and running game. The lack of strength in their remaining schedule will be their ally. SP is lacking an explosive back and a throwing game. I believe that Shelby may beat both teams this year as neither were overly impressive. Also I believe that Kings Mtn will give Crest more of a game than they may be prepared for when they meet if they don't develop a passing game.
You're such an idiot.

Reactions: CrestAF52
Well, it looks like crow will be my next few meals, crap!

Great game and congrats to Crest! They will be the team to beat again this year.

Great to see everybody. A humble good luck to Crest the rest of the way.

As RT said, we will get better.

Well, it looks like crow will be my next few meals, crap!

Great game and congrats to Crest! They will be the team to beat again this year.

Great to see everybody. A humble good luck to Crest the rest of the way.

As RT said, we will get better.

Not only that, you have to wear green and gold for the rest of the season. Of course, if I beat you up, then the blood and bruises may hide that hideous puke green color.

Reactions: seadog28
Crest will get better on offense it's just a matter of time. Check back in a few weeks. SP is better than last yr. especially OL DL. Crest could have easily won this game 35-7. Hope to play SP again in Nov. it'll be 4 straight with more coming next yr. This tide has turned. Good luck until we meet again

This was a very, very good team that Crest beat. The Crest defense is even better than last year. South Point is one very hard hitting team. Foster on defense is a beast. Defensive backs for Crest could be the best in NC high school.

This was a very, very good team that Crest beat. The Crest defense is even better than last year. South Point is one very hard hitting team. Foster on defense is a beast. Defensive backs for Crest could be the best in NC high school.

Solid team, but not a very, very good team. They lack speed and a passing game. I believe SP will have a good season, but Shelby may man handle them. Not sure if they play L-Town again this year, but they will give them a tough game again, same as last year. They have a ton of heart on the field and solid game play, just need more speed and athletes.

Solid team, but not a very, very good team. They lack speed and a passing game. I believe SP will have a good season, but Shelby may man handle them. Not sure if they play L-Town again this year, but they will give them a tough game again, same as last year. They have a ton of heart on the field and solid game play, just need more speed and athletes.

Crest played the best team that they will play all year. Most likely they will have a 32-0 two year record. SP is a top 5 3A team. No passing game or not they don't need it. The defense for SP hits hard, ask Willie Green. After he takes the ice packs off tomorrow. SP #9 hit at the 40 almost decapitated a player. Lincolnton is a great program but this is not last year. SP will run at will next week. Lincolnton will need to score a lot of points.

Shelby manhandle SP? OK. SP receivers did not finish the routes. SP quarterback didn't get help. I like this kid, he follows the blockers like a runner should. Loss or not I am impressed with South Point. Crest plays defense like last night and the world is their oyster.

Reactions: coondog8585
Lone Stranger whos your team?
Shelby has no dog in this fight...
We know both these teams are good teams.Shelby will work hard each week to prepare for them..
But Shelby is also not 2014 Shelby. ..this offense is explosive. Everybody can say Freedoms no good but i beg to differ....
Putting up 521 yrds offense is unreal agaist any team...look foward to seeing these teams

Coonpup. That last year..Freedom has new team..Shelby has new team....Sp is 0-1...lol

Crest played the best team that they will play all year. Most likely they will have a 32-0 two year record. SP is a top 5 3A team. No passing game or not they don't need it. The defense for SP hits hard, ask Willie Green. After he takes the ice packs off tomorrow. SP #9 hit at the 40 almost decapitated a player. Lincolnton is a great program but this is not last year. SP will run at will next week. Lincolnton will need to score a lot of points.

Shelby manhandle SP? OK. SP receivers did not finish the routes. SP quarterback didn't get help. I like this kid, he follows the blockers like a runner should. Loss or not I am impressed with South Point. Crest plays defense like last night and the world is their oyster.

Both are good teams, I'm not disputing that. I just believe that the fans are over rating them. I don't believe the bad passes were the receivers faults and I don't think the world is Crests oyster. Crest has a dominant Defense and a running game as expected, and neither team passed well as expected.

As far as teams go, I'm a fan of most teams, big games and the players. My favorites are SP, L-Town, EL, KM, Newton Conover and Asheville.. Not much on Shelby and Crest, but find myself going to watch most of their games since I am now a CC residence and have been for 3 years.

As a fan the first game (while fun to watch) is what it is, a first game. We can't tell squat but only have expectations and assumptions based on what we witnessed. Crest looked great at times, but sloppy too. I think our center is a sophomore and it showed. Our veteran QB and RB fumbled and bobbled the ball more times than I care to count. But those boys were anxious, nervous, and had to shake off the rust. SP was no different. We won't really know what team we got until a few more games under our belt. But with Ashbrook and TCR I think East Burke could look good playing those teams. We got nothing until KM at least.

With that being said, Crest did look great for a first game against a quality opponent. I'm proud of the freshmen kicker. We need to work on protecting willie better, or Cameron will be our new starting QB by week 3.

In other news, I don't have to wear Red and black for the rest of the season which is awesome. It was great seeing everyone, best of luck to SP. We'll meet in November sparring in major injuries for either team and the boys don't get in any trouble.

Reactions: coondog8585
As a fan the first game (while fun to watch) is what it is, a first game. We can't tell squat but only have expectations and assumptions based on what we witnessed. Crest looked great at times, but sloppy too. I think our center is a sophomore and it showed. Our veteran QB and RB fumbled and bobbled the ball more times than I care to count. But those boys were anxious, nervous, and had to shake off the rust. SP was no different. We won't really know what team we got until a few more games under our belt. But with Ashbrook and TCR I think East Burke could look good playing those teams. We got nothing until KM at least.

With that being said, Crest did look great for a first game against a quality opponent. I'm proud of the freshmen kicker. We need to work on protecting willie better, or Cameron will be our new starting QB by week 3.

In other news, I don't have to wear Red and black for the rest of the season which is awesome. It was great seeing everyone, best of luck to SP. We'll meet in November sparring in major injuries for either team and the boys don't get in any trouble.

Agree with most but Willie will have no problem from here on out. SP is tough. Yes Lawndog, Crest91 has a nice looking young lady. Does she need a sugardaddy? LOL. Cant wait to see Seadog in Kermit the Frog colors. Post the pictures.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT