ADVERTISEMENT

SP @ Crest

Punt returns were an issue 20 years ago at Crest. Remember the two guys back to receive to run a fake reverse play? And then, neither guy could field the punt. Seems like yesterday. They would have been better bring the two returners to the line of scrimmage and sending all 11 after the punt.

Punt returns were an issue 20 years ago at Crest. Remember the two guys back to receive to run a fake reverse play? And then, neither guy could field the punt. Seems like yesterday. They would have been better bring the two returners to the line of scrimmage and sending all 11 after the punt.

That used to be so frustrating. It took them like 5 years to find someone to go out and just catch the ball.

It's funny because there's so many people in a panic about our offense. First off I'll give SP defense a lot of credit. The DL was for real and the lbs are pretty good especially 44. Bad snaps, dropped snaps/passes by the rbs qb and wrs made it worse. Plus Willie didn't have a good game throwing the ball for whatever reason but had a great game running the ball. Willie will be fine. He's way too talented to play that way. This offense will put up big numbers this year and it doesn't have anything to do with nepotism lol. Crest plays a lot of wrs because we have so many good ones (great depth) that continuity could be a problem early on. This offense will gel and be one of Crest's best before it's over. There's a lot of work to do but we have the right guy in charge to make it happen. This was a typical first game of the season kind of thing to me plus SP has a way of making a team look bad. We've started that way many times in the past just like a lot of other teams. Once again much credit goes to SP and I'm betting Crest looks a lot better in a rematch come late November.

Crest will be fine. They can experiment for the next 3 months and it won't hurt them. Anytime they get in a pinch...wildcat! I raised the question of discipline. That Crest defense showed it and will only get better. The offense, though mistake prone, will do the same! DAMN IT!!!

While their offense didn't look potent against SP I expect they will make others look like trash. SP and Crest know each other and know each other well. I wouldn't put too much stock in the way they looked Friday night...... and echoing many others; the defense is straight nasty. That's coming from a team that typically has success against them. Others will try to match up against them and will be totally shut down.

I think it's unfair of fans to expect any team to look in mid season form at their first game. Especially against a defense like South Points. I agree with 9496 that the SP D line was very good. Especially #70. That kid could be a starter on any team in the area. 24 points against a solid SP D was a good effort. O Line is breaking in a couple new linemen so that had some impact also. Crest D was very good at limiting SP to only 1 drive for a score. As a long time Crest fan, I am very happy with game one.

And for the fool above that said the Crest D isn't as good as last years D. Well, DUH. Not likely any team in NC will be as good as that D.

Every game will be over at halftime except the Shelby game. SP was picked to finish third in the conference. They will finish first. SP defense is very good. Best Crest will play this year. Including playoffs. Any team that doesn't give help blocking Justin Foster is in big doo doo.

Reactions: coondog8585
Crest was impressive. Rare combination of size, speed, experience, and numbers. The defense gets to the ball making it difficult to hit anything wide and they recover quickly if you get any room up the middle. SP's chance to beat them was dependent on Crest making more mistakes. But with TO's and penalties being equal, Crest was too much to overcome. Crest offense dominant during a window from late first quarter to mid 2nd quarter scoring all of their offensive TD's . SP Offense was running consecutive 3 and outs and the defense was too tired to respond.. That being said, SP showed a lot of potential. Was really proud of them on the drive before half to make it 21-13 and the ending drive that ended in the Pick 6. Goo looked rusty after his year off, but potential is very high. Haven't heard anything on Granson's ankle but hope he is OK. Need to get Davis back on the field. We really needed him on Friday night.

Reactions: coondog8585
Manhandle? LOL....you don't see very many SP games. Wrong choice of words. crest SHOULD manhandle SP. If they can't do it...nobody is gonna do it this year. Crest will be the best looking in warmups and attractive media guide roster numbers for any 3a team in the state. They'd better bring it to the field each and every week. But, GDG is right as usual....SP is a top 3a contender for sure. They proved that obviously. I know it could have been 35-7 crest, but the reality was it was almost 24-20 with about 3 minutes to go until the 90 yard pick 6 inside crest's 10 yard line. Crest is better....but I'm not so sure they played an overall better game considering their offensive performance.

I have seen plenty of SP football. I wasn't overly impressed and I disagree with your assessment. Having said that, I like the team and always have, I just believe they are lacking speedmtnis year.

I have seen plenty of SP football. I wasn't overly impressed and I disagree with your assessment. Having said that, I like the team and always have, I just believe they are lacking speedmtnis year.

I give all the credit to Crest. They made us look bad.

Lone Stranger I know you said you are a new resident to Cleveland County. Did you move their for work? I know it wasn't to be the Tooth Fairy.

Supposedly SP has fresh troops on the horizon, but may be two years away. Crest needs to enjoy their brief ascent to the top. Really impressed with the 2015 BullChargers.

With what y'all had coming back? He was expected to win with all that D 1 talent (Rulz said he had been given the keys to a Cadillac). I guess you can sit your starters till the Shelby game since y'all don't play anybody till then.

What makes you think we won't sit our starters against Shelby?

Ralph don't worry too much about the Crest offense. It's fixing to explode........you'll see

Lone Stranger I know you said you are a new resident to Cleveland County. Did you move their for work? I know it wasn't to be the Tooth Fairy.

I have been here for four years. My wife has family and a business in KM. Also, I do play tooth fairy every now and then.

9496//// I think the only way that happens is if you play a bad defense. SPs defense aint great. Shelby will show that. It wasn't just the effort by players. The scheme, the calls, the tempo, the attitude....it was all missing in an all important first game of the season. SP didn't so much do anything as crest made their own mistakes, was lethargic, etc. So...in that big of a game if it happens......I foresee some cresties in here with some frustration with the offense over the course of the upcoming year.

Ok you showed your cards. people who live in Cleveland County are born there. You deliberately moved there. You just proved nothing you say is credible.

Actually, GDG, I do know of a South Point alum who moved to CC a couple years ago - I think to get away from all the Charlotte people moving to Belmont. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT