ADVERTISEMENT

SP @ Crest

As a fan the first game (while fun to watch) is what it is, a first game. We can't tell squat but only have expectations and assumptions based on what we witnessed. Crest looked great at times, but sloppy too. I think our center is a sophomore and it showed. Our veteran QB and RB fumbled and bobbled the ball more times than I care to count. But those boys were anxious, nervous, and had to shake off the rust. SP was no different. We won't really know what team we got until a few more games under our belt. But with Ashbrook and TCR I think East Burke could look good playing those teams. We got nothing until KM at least.

With that being said, Crest did look great for a first game against a quality opponent. I'm proud of the freshmen kicker. We need to work on protecting willie better, or Cameron will be our new starting QB by week 3.

In other news, I don't have to wear Red and black for the rest of the season which is awesome. It was great seeing everyone, best of luck to SP. We'll meet in November sparring in major injuries for either team and the boys don't get in any trouble.

Great assessment!! This is the same game that I watched and I agree on all points. Can't wait to see how these teams grow throughout the year.

Will Clark got his 1st victory against SP that's big for his confidence and the teams. We were a little sloppy but did well with really only 1 Scrimmage!

The only time I couldn't watch the game was when ever SP was punting...Crest looked like they had butter smeared all down their hands and chest. We'd be better off not having anyone trying to catch the ball.

Reactions: sticksp
Both are good teams, I'm not disputing that. I just believe that the fans are over rating them. I don't believe the bad passes were the receivers faults and I don't think the world is Crests oyster. Crest has a dominant Defense and a running game as expected, and neither team passed well as expected.

As far as teams go, I'm a fan of most teams, big games and the players. My favorites are SP, L-Town, EL, KM, Newton Conover and Asheville.. Not much on Shelby and Crest, but find myself going to watch most of their games since I am now a CC residence and have been for 3 years.

Ok you showed your cards. people who live in Cleveland County are born there. You deliberately moved there. You just proved nothing you say is credible.

Reactions: sticksp
Sp defense played a good game for the most part, gave up a couple passes and 2long runs for scores, other than that I thought we played well. Crest defense is lights out and there is no disputing that, offense looks rusty and honestly a little confused at times. I thought they should have spread the ball around a little more and not used Harbison quite so much. We will improve and hopefully we will see you guys again in November!

Ok you showed your cards. people who live in Cleveland County are born there. You deliberately moved there. You just proved nothing you say is credible.

Hilarious. I'm originally from Charlotte, from there to Lincoln County, then over to CC. Always a good team and game to watch in CC. Don't always feel like driving to Lincoln County on Friday afternoon .

Good seeing my friends from Preps last night and meeting new guys. I would like to meet some of the Shelby guys sometime, or at least those I can converse with in this language. "Oh, bless their heart".

Good seeing my friends from Preps last night and meeting new guys. I would like to meet some of the Shelby guys sometime, or at least those I can converse with in this language. "Oh, bless their heart".

Especially want to meet 98Champion. They say he always wears a white jacket, folds his arms in the front, and the jacket ties in the back. Jacket must be a style I am not familiar with. Says he hangs out with two guys in a lab coat.

Reactions: seadog28
Just looked at the star . The qb had almost as many yards rushing as Harrison. Good job willie .

Well fellows it is game day and I would like to wish both teams the best of luck tonight.I just wish there was a way both teams could lose.:) Also my final prediction Crest 28 South Point 13.
I didn't know Crest had a kicker.

Will Clark got his 1st victory against SP that's big for his confidence and the teams. We were a little sloppy but did well with really only 1 Scrimmage!

With what y'all had coming back? He was expected to win with all that D 1 talent (Rulz said he had been given the keys to a Cadillac). I guess you can sit your starters till the Shelby game since y'all don't play anybody till then.

With what y'all had coming back? He was expected to win with all that D 1 talent (Rulz said he had been given the keys to a Cadillac). I guess you can sit your starters till the Shelby game since y'all don't play anybody till then.
Shelby plays the same schedule you pitiful waste of brain matter. Are you seriously that stupid? Freedom sucks and scored 28 on you with that BIG RUNNING BACK. The only decent team you play is SP. The rest of them SUCK. We'll see you Week 10 with our BIG RUNNING BACK, and a defense to back him up.

I just thought you played stupid, but you really are freaking STUPID.

Bob, put a condom on your thumb, please.

I wanna see what the man can do when our talent is down, that'll tell us if he is for real or not. "Ray Charles could have coached that defense last year" that was the exact words from one of the coaching staff, I know he had one other head coaching job which was a bust, but all things considered those two wins he got might have been more than that team deserved, it's a possibility at least. We just gotta wait and see and hope for the best.

Anyway KM looks interesting to say the least, and with it being at KM I think that could be a good game. I like KM's QB, the kid is pretty good. They got a two headed monster at running back as well. Might even give Shelby a fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: coondog8585
I wanna see what the man can do when our talent is down, that'll tell us if he is for real or not. "Ray Charles could have coached that defense last year" that was the exact words from one of the coaching staff, I know he had one other head coaching job which was a bust, but all things considered those two wins he got might have been more than that team deserved, it's a possibility at least. We just gotta wait and see and hope for the best.

Anyway KM looks interesting to say the least, and with it being at KM I think that could be a good game. I like KM's QB, the kid is pretty good. They got a two headed monster at running back as well. Might even give Shelby a fight.

KM has some big potential. They are a big team with athletes everywhere. If their QB can hit a rythm and get on a role in the next couple games, they will give teams a fit. They run well up the middle behind their big line and hit receivers well on the outside. They also have an athletic defense. They are my sleeper team for the year. They will also return alot of these players next year.

Shelby plays the same schedule you pitiful waste of brain matter. Are you seriously that stupid? Freedom sucks and scored 28 on you with that BIG RUNNING BACK. The only decent team you play is SP. The rest of them SUCK. We'll see you Week 10 with our BIG RUNNING BACK, and a defense to back him up.

I just thought you played stupid, but you really are freaking STUPID.

Bob, put a condom on your thumb, please.

Its official, Drulz is the biggest keyboard warrior in the world. Hides his ignorance and lack of ability to dispute fan assessments with idiotic , pointless bashing and childish name calling. I actually saw him Friday night sucking his thumb behind the bleachers.

Its official, Drulz is the biggest keyboard warrior in the world. Hides his ignorance and lack of ability to dispute fan assessments with idiotic , pointless bashing and childish name calling. I actually saw him Friday night sucking his thumb behind the bleachers.

I said it once and I'll say it again I get under Rulz's skin better than he does. All I have to do is give him a little dose of truth and he squirms worse than a pig in heat. See Rulz went to Shelby and I'm not sure if he was picked on or too mentally challenged to make it, so he transferred to Crest. But in all honesty, if he wasn't on the preps board it would get awful boring.

Shelby non conference Freedom, AC Reynolds, South Point all solid and AC has already beat Crest.

Crest non conference South Point, Ashbrook and TC Roberson. South Point solid along with two patsy's.

Yea same schedule Einstein.

I said it once and I'll say it again I get under Rulz's skin better than he does. All I have to do is give him a little dose of truth and he squirms worse than a pig in heat. See Rulz went to Shelby and I'm not sure if he was picked on or too mentally challenged to make it, so he transferred to Crest. But in all honesty, if he wasn't on the preps board it would get awful boring.

Shelby non conference Freedom, AC Reynolds, South Point all solid and AC has already beat Crest.

Crest non conference South Point, Ashbrook and TC Roberson. South Point solid along with two patsy's.

I believe I heard Crest held 23 of their starters out in that loss to AC.

We can just ignore the 8 opponents that overlap and focus on the "loss" Crest took in the scrimmage. It is probably the only time you'll get to sit in the stands and see Crest trailing at the end of the game. Cause we all know what happens when Crest travels to Sid Bryson Stadium #2. Lot of fond memories beating Shelby over there. Looking forward to SMACing them yet again.

We can just ignore the 8 opponents that overlap and focus on the "loss" Crest took in the scrimmage. It is probably the only time you'll get to sit in the stands and see Crest trailing at the end of the game. Cause we all know what happens when Crest travels to Sid Bryson Stadium #2. Lot of fond memories beating Shelby over there. Looking forward to SMACing them yet again.
We shall see.

Weird game. 1st games often are. As most of us thought, crest is better than SP. BUT.....man, I 'm kinda worried for crest. AS GOOD AS THEIR DEFENSE IS....and it is legit, their offense is equally as bad and I have no earthly idea why. I mean.....I think crest LOOKS better than Gardner Webb (in warm ups) but it didn't translate on Friday night. SP has some very evident holes to exploit, and yall didn't do that. If you see any team with a really good defense that is similar to your own, your defense and special teams will have to score in order to win. Do you people remember the Travis Lee days? Just run a similar offense. Green is plenty good enough. That offense is crazy/scary bad even when you guys could catch snaps. How many unforced errors? I only mention this not to spark outcry....because yall will go to the state championship with that defense....but because it was be ectasy watching one side of the ball, then like being on a bad acid trip watching the O operate. SP? Hard to judge. crest's offense is so bad.....it's hard to say what our defense will be. I know the DL looked good. Back 7? EEEEEEEEhhhh....hopefully we can shore some things up. They weren't asked to do much on Friday night because crest fumbled 10 snaps and ran east/west non read straight gives with a bunch of O lineman that average 6'4 280, and allowed our quicker DL to make some plays. It's crazy to me. Crest and Ashbrook , offensively......about as bad as you can see in HS football for what they have to work with.

Solid team, but not a very, very good team. They lack speed and a passing game. I believe SP will have a good season, but Shelby may man handle them. Not sure if they play L-Town again this year, but they will give them a tough game again, same as last year. They have a ton of heart on the field and solid game play, just need more speed and athletes.
Manhandle? LOL....you don't see very many SP games. Wrong choice of words. crest SHOULD manhandle SP. If they can't do it...nobody is gonna do it this year. Crest will be the best looking in warmups and attractive media guide roster numbers for any 3a team in the state. They'd better bring it to the field each and every week. But, GDG is right as usual....SP is a top 3a contender for sure. They proved that obviously. I know it could have been 35-7 crest, but the reality was it was almost 24-20 with about 3 minutes to go until the 90 yard pick 6 inside crest's 10 yard line. Crest is better....but I'm not so sure they played an overall better game considering their offensive performance.

Manhandle? LOL....you don't see very many SP games. Wrong choice of words. crest SHOULD manhandle SP. If they can't do it...nobody is gonna do it this year. Crest will be the best looking in warmups and attractive media guide roster numbers for any 3a team in the state. They'd better bring it to the field each and every week. But, GDG is right as usual....SP is a top 3a contender for sure. They proved that obviously. I know it could have been 35-7 crest, but the reality was it was almost 24-20 with about 3 minutes to go until the 90 yard pick 6 inside crest's 10 yard line. Crest is better....but I'm not so sure they played an overall better game considering their offensive performance.

Sounds like the same coulda talk we heard after the state semifinals last year. "We were close to making it look respectable!"

Sounds like the same coulda talk we heard after the state semifinals last year. "We were close to making it look respectable!"
wrong- don't be an idiot. Read the sentences slowly. Last time I'll say it- crest is a better football team this year....but the over reaching point is this: They should be about 230% better on offense and special teams than they are. It's almost weird. Is there like....nepotism going on over there on the offensive side, and they hire out all the talent to coach for the defensive side? I'm serious...I want to know why because it's crazy seeing one side be so good and talented, and the other side be so talented....and not good.

wrong- don't be an idiot. Read the sentences slowly. Last time I'll say it- crest is a better football team this year....but the over reaching point is this: They should be about 230% better on offense and special teams than they are. It's almost weird. Is there like....nepotism going on over there on the offensive side, and they hire out all the talent to coach for the defensive side? I'm serious...I want to know why because it's crazy seeing one side be so good and talented, and the other side be so talented....and not good.

We will just gloss over the bold reality comment you made about how close South Point was to making it 24-20. Obviously that was the key point to your post about how poor Crest was for not beating South Point by more or whatever else you thought you were trying to say.

I can understand your argument for the offense, I counter with the first game jitters that players get, anxiousness, nerves. It's just as much a psychological game as it is physical. Momentum is everything however. With that being said, our kicker weighs about 90 pounds and his leg is as big as my arm. But he made a pretty good field goal for his first real game. As for punt returns...I have no argument for that. Crest sucks at punt returns. I don't know what goes through those boys head when that ball comes down, but I have to hold my breath every single time and pray they don't drop it. That is our biggest weakness, punt returns. Go figure.

and 91 that's the really weird part. Usually when a team has no coaching (ahema......HH, Ashbrook), and I am not saying crest has this situation as far as coaching....but even if a team has none, they can throw out a great athlete and return a punt or kick return per game or every other game like clockwork. Literally those two schools been doing it for 30 years, and Crest should be able to do that as well...don't even need the Xs and Os...just pick one of the 5 best athletes with a little hand eye coordination, and turn them loose on those unscripted type plays that punts and kicks turn into.

That said...I can live with that explanation 91. I typically like your analysis on stuff b/c it seems most truthful. I hope crest is better on offense....but their "scheme" and use of talent they have on offense is borderline criminal. good luck to yall.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT