ADVERTISEMENT

SP @ Crest

Crest returned some real talent at LB, but lost some stud defenders especially on the D line and will miss Roseboro at safety. SP O line is much improved and RB's should see more room than last year especially if Goo can connect on a few passes. Certainly hope that Crest comes out in a 5 wide set as mentioned on this board. If they do, I see a couple of INT's and multiple sacks to aid the cause. Not sure what kind of kicker Crest has but glad to see Trejo gone. Kid had a cannon leg.

Agreed. I watched Crest not be able to move the ball at the Jam last Friday. They certainly didn't have a passing offense that night. I know that WG didn't play long, but It looks to me, with out Tre in the line up, they become a really sloppy offense and will be unable to move against stronger defensive teams. I expect to see the same this year as last year. Tre will take snaps, passes and handoffs while everyone else blocks. I haven't seen SP yet, but if they keep Tre in check and gorse the pass, there could be an upset on the horizon. Can't wait to watch this game. Good Luck to the RR in this one, I hope it's a good one.

Reactions: seadog28
LOL! We didn't play how many starters @ the Jambo? When WG was in on the first series Crest went up 7-0 how did they score? LOL!

You forgot to mention that in your unsolicited testimonial. This isn't "inner city preps"

I guess we will see tomorrow night if Crest can and will throw the ball.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
LOL! We didn't play how many starters @ the Jambo? When WG was in on the first series Crest went up 7-0 how did they score? LOL!

You forgot to mention that in your unsolicited testimonial. This isn't "inner city preps"

I guess we will see tomorrow night if Crest can and will throw the ball.

"We Know, We Know" for the umpteenth time you didn't play your starters! Your sorry announcers told us on the radio every 10 seconds because AC was running up and down the field like they stole something.
I wonder how the kids felt that did start, who are part of the first team? "Were we not good enough to sit too coach?" "Why does Tre get to walk around and wave to the crowd and I don't?"

Hitman predicts that outdated offense going to spank that butt Friday. Raiders beat the Chargers and it ain't no upset. The upset is when Crest wins.

Reactions: seadog28
"We Know, We Know" for the umpteenth time you didn't play your starters! Your sorry announcers told us on the radio every 10 seconds because AC was running up and down the field like they stole something.
I wonder how the kids felt that did start, who are part of the first team? "Were we not good enough to sit too coach?" "Why does Tre get to walk around and wave to the crowd and I don't?"

Hitman predicts that outdated offense going to spank that butt Friday. Raiders beat the Chargers and it ain't no upset. The upset is when Crest wins.

The thumb with the big pee-hole makes his appearance. Has Bob, got that window put in his belly yet? I'd hate for you to miss a down of the Freedom game because you can't see. You're a spunky little man. I'll give you that.

Shelby and SP > *crest.
That's the truth. Crest would have to win the next 10 or so against either team to consider being their equal. On the Brightside for *crest, I hear they are the best at what the Spanish call los blou shobs. I, for one, am just hoping there won't be a morbidly obese kicker on the green and gold team this year. Not that they've ever had one, I'm just saying hypothetically... I hope I don't have to witness that. Anytime you see a kicker or punter who appears to have eaten his younger siblings, you fear that the LB on the team is probably tougher. If *crest has a skinny kicker/punter...then SP will win...it's science.

Im no coach...and im sure 99% on heres not a coach..
But u gotta wonder alittle was it a good move or bad move to sit most the starters.
Im sure and have heard many Crest fans that disagree with not..
Guess we will see how effect is come fri.
Imo...those starters needed those reps for at least a quarter to get some hits besides team mates...and under the lights...but im no coach so we will see....

Shelby and SP > *crest.
That's the truth. Crest would have to win the next 10 or so against either team to consider being their equal. On the Brightside for *crest, I hear they are the best at what the Spanish call los blou shobs. I, for one, am just hoping there won't be a morbidly obese kicker on the green and gold team this year. Not that they've ever had one, I'm just saying hypothetically... I hope I don't have to witness that. Anytime you see a kicker or punter who appears to have eaten his younger siblings, you fear that the LB on the team is probably tougher. If *crest has a skinny kicker/punter...then SP will win...it's science.
Now that is funny!

Game week prediction #4:

The Crest place kicker sees limited action while the Crest punter will have to ice his leg after the game!

Reactions: raidertime
Shelby and SP > *crest.

Stop right there and quit lumping yourself in with Shelby. Everyone knows South Point has had a handful of good teams and then paper tigers the rest of the way. Good programs keep sending their teams to the title game and not relying on a group of good players. South Point hasn't been doing that so quit trying to change your sorry history to make it seem better. Leave that raidertime and that cut back he is still waiting for.

So....*crest's all time losing record to SP means what?

About as much as those games Crest lost to Freedom in the 70's. A cup of warm spit.

South Point has a nice program with a solid tradition. You don't need to go inventing something that isn't there. Try being relevant outside Gaston County a few more years before trying to compare yourself to historical programs.

Shelby and SP > *crest.

I think you're crossing the line here. Fun and games is fun and games, but you shouldn't call out players like this, even a former one. Very poor form, in my opinion.

02, Don't cry when the mighty RAIDERS go to the stable and beat the Crampers and they go down hill and lose to the Golden lions too. The RED RAIDERS with the upset and the Crest fans go into hiding.

02, Don't cry when the mighty RAIDERS go to the stable and beat the Crampers and they go down hill and lose to the Golden lions too. The RED RAIDERS with the upset and the Crest fans go into hiding.

No tears will be shed. You guys always peak in October and disappear like green leaves when the weather gets cold. And Crest will just continue their run to repeat.

South Point all time record against Crest including playoffs is 21-12. SP dominated the 1970's 10-2. Crest dominated 1980 - 2004, at 2-7 although there were no games between 1985 and 2001. In the last 10 years SP is 9-3. Crest saved some face last year, but has been SP's beyotch for years. Secondly, when people see the name SP, they think of the Raiders. On the other hand, nobody know where Biling Spring is so they call them Shelby Crest; when everyone knows that Shelby and CC belongs to the Lions.

South Point all time record against Crest including playoffs is 21-12. SP dominated the 1970's 10-2. Crest dominated 1980 - 2004, at 2-7 although there were no games between 1985 and 2001. In the last 10 years SP is 9-3. Crest saved some face last year, but has been SP's beyotch for years. Secondly, when people see the name SP, they think of the Raiders. On the other hand, nobody know where Biling Spring is so they call them Shelby Crest; when everyone knows that Shelby and CC belongs to the Lions.

You are correct that most people in Gaston County know South Point as the Raiders. Step outside and you are getting confused looks about a title winning program in Rock Hill. Venture far enough up 85 and people figure you are talking about a mall in Durham. Like I said win something a few more times and maybe relevance will follow. Great programs do that. Solid programs have a few good runs like South Point has done.

I think you're crossing the line here. Fun and games is fun and games, but you shouldn't call out players like this, even a former one. Very poor form, in my opinion.
LMAO....you change names? Is this the sandwich maker? I was speaking in hypotheticals.....but definitely didn't speak of a current player being obese. I would never do that. It might hurt his feelings. Wait...I'm sorry. You got me. I'm sorry pal. BellyNole, forgive me won't you? Say, Bellynole....have you ever heard what comes out of the mouths of HS players on a football field? You ever heard what comes out of the mouths of *crest players during a game? You might not even understand some of the lingo they are using, but trust me it is insulting and not used in church settings. You ever seen an obese or skinny *crest kicker go after a Shelby Golden Lion kid's knees repeatedly on kickoffs and almost start a riot in that annual clash? I have. Wait....is this Chuc?

It's all fun and games when folks on here pick on each other--makes for good entertainment. But the players, no matter how much they cuss or dive at knees, should be spared the vitriol and limited to X's and O's discussions, even in your thinly-veiled hypothetical example of the obese kicker.

And, no, I am not a sandwich maker. I'm just a fan who's new to the boards and trying to decide whether it's worth it or not to stick around. From what I've seen so far, it's heavy on the hot air around here and a little thin on actual football talk, at least in this thread.

CRY ME A RIVER BELLYNOLE. IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD GET OVER YOUR SELF. GO TO ANOTHER THREAD THEN WE DON'T NEED YOU HEAR.

So 14-18 year old kids are fair game around here, then? Ok, no problem. As long as I know the rules, I'll respect your turf. I may just stick around now. Thanks for the hospitality and the shouting!

It's all fun and games when folks on here pick on each other--makes for good entertainment. But the players, no matter how much they cuss or dive at knees, should be spared the vitriol and limited to X's and O's discussions, even in your thinly-veiled hypothetical example of the obese kicker.

And, no, I am not a sandwich maker. I'm just a fan who's new to the boards and trying to decide whether it's worth it or not to stick around. From what I've seen so far, it's heavy on the hot air around here and a little thin on actual football talk, at least in this thread.

No offense, but this thread is lame compared to most SP and Crest threads. This is an annual event around here. This one is civil compared to most. Our two fan bases are not and never will be respectful of each other, but we do respect the players on both teams. The South Point players and coaches have earned our respect by their hardnosed play over the years.

Pay Ralph no attention he is a tittie-baby with fat fingers. Coondog, is my friend, but he is so drunk on the SP Kool-Aid, he can't help himself. That was his attempt at coming off hard. Most of these midget fans are good people, they give no quarter, and do not expect one in return. Us Crest fans don't care about anyone or anything, we have earned the vitriol that is spewed at us and we like it.

Reactions: coondog8585
1 more day midgets.........You will see the truth......You will understand........WHY....We are the defending CHAMPS............

Crest by 7 at least. but I'm gonna go ahead and say 21-7 Crest and seadog wears green and gold every Friday night.

Godevilsgo, no worries man I ain't that soft. A lot of the guys on here would be socked at how pretty this girl is I'm with. I can't figure it out myself lol.

Seadog, serious question, you still picking teams every week across the state with the other guys? If so I might possibly want in.

Crest by 7 at least. but I'm gonna go ahead and say 21-7 Crest and seadog wears green and gold every Friday night.

Godevilsgo, no worries man I ain't that soft. A lot of the guys on here would be socked at how pretty this girl is I'm with. I can't figure it out myself lol.

Seadog, serious question, you still picking teams every week across the state with the other guys? If so I might possibly want in.

I would come to Crest games with a guy who lived in Shelby and played golf with him at Deerbrook. It was fun listening to the Crest faithful. They have always been passionate about their football. Should be a fun night and a hate to even admit you were absolutely correct about Beam trying to leave after one year.

So....*crest's all time losing record to SP means what?
We own Crest. That's what. They can spit and spat about whatever they like but in the end the records says it all. Their hopes Stuart Cramer would be the demise of Raider dominance was a pipe dream. Yes they will win a few games from time to time but not enough to overcome the lopsided results that face them today.
SP 27 Crest 14

You are correct that most people in Gaston County know South Point as the Raiders. Step outside and you are getting confused looks about a title winning program in Rock Hill. Venture far enough up 85 and people figure you are talking about a mall in Durham. Like I said win something a few more times and maybe relevance will follow. Great programs do that. Solid programs have a few good runs like South Point has done.
If SP only represents a few good runs, then Crest who has been manhandled by both SP and Shelby would be the Q Foundation of the group.

Just got back from the planning committee meeting for tomorrow night's downtown Belmont Victory parade. The mayor and the principal will say a few words to the crowd and then Rulz, Backer, and 91 will come to the stage to bow down and pay respect to the mighty Raiders. Each will be donning a new Raiders jersey complements of SeaDog. After being denied citizenship in Belmont, they will be put back on their tractor and send home to Boiling Springs.

If SP only represents a few good runs, then Crest who has been manhandled by both SP and Shelby would be the Q Foundation of the group.

South Point's measure of greatness is their record against Crest.

Crest's measure of greatness is their state titles. Boy it really sounds like Crest is the weak one.

Word is Crest will hold out at least 5 starters this week to make sure they're healthy to play Ashbrook next week. In other words it sounds like Crest will beat the best SP team since 2009. Surely this is not another SP hype team that bows out in the second rd. It's funny the midgets, their pizzn kizzn creek cousins and parents are all from WV.
Youins have a hard time understanding reality in Bellymont the red neck capital of NC. The "we got more heart, we worked hard in the offseason, we got 330 years of coaching experience, our kids are better than yours" won't work tomorrow......the Chargers are coming tomorrow night and SP will feel the pain. It's just a matter of how much pain the midgets can take. The best part about the pre-game is the red necks or nappy red necks from Bellymont trying to convince each other they have a chance. Coondog and Seadog pretty much tell it all.....they're brothers and cousins from WV in the same sentence.

Word is Crest will hold out at least 5 starters this week to make that sure that the SP team does not totally decimate our Chargers and we will have a few healthy to play Ashbrook next week. In other words it sounds like Crest will avoid the best SP team since 2009. Surely this is not another SP championship team that bowls over our Chargers..

Youins have a hard time understanding how real the Belmont mighty red truly are. They are considered in our neck as the capital of NC. The "we got more heart, we worked hard in the offseason, we got 330 years of coaching experience, our kids are better than yours" will work tomorrow......the Chargers are coming tomorrow night and SP will make them feel the pain. It's just a matter of how much pain the midgets can inflict. The best part about the pre-game is the redraiders or nappilyy dressed redraiders from Belmont are trying to convince each other they have a chance at yet another State Championship. Coondog and Seadog are pretty and tell it all.....they're brothers and have total disdain for our cousin loving ,WV acting Chargers.

9496, proud of you. Being true to yourself is the first step to recovery.

9496, proud of you. Being true to yourself is the first step to recovery.
True to you is bringing your pocketbook and placing a pre game bet. That's where the hype stops and reality sets in. I'll be there by 6 pm when the gates open. I don't accept credit cards......cash only. Seasdog can hold the bet. Can't hear ya!!!!!?????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT