ADVERTISEMENT

South Davidson

Pulling hard for this guy; he's the same age as me as we both were class of 2011 guys. Glad to see people my age get hired.

He has a hard road ahead of him but he's gonna have a lot of help too. Adams being onboard is the best possible thing.

I have no malice or hate for coach Honeycutt or anything like that and I wish him the BEST BUT….

I understand some may not be a Fan of Coach Springer but I felt he was done wrong bc I think SD always wanted Coach Honeycutt and So I don’t understand why he didn’t get it in first Go around n personally I felt Coach Springer got put into a crappy position that wasn’t right to him - Why offer Coach Springers the job then if u didn’t want him at all in the first place? Why was he a finalist ? Why did you Re-Open the Application so he could apply? Again Coach Honeycutt was prob the Right Guy for the job since he a Davidson co guy n well known and all but You still did someone else wrong n I’m sure Political addenda help get coach springer fired due to board or former principal didn’t want him there then WHY do u have a Search committee or AD to do that process then U could just have the School Board do it or Principle.

again AD, nor New Principle at SD had 0 say in what happen to coach springer and like I said I have no malice toward Coach Honeycutt- If SD wanted him all along then He will have a great support backing and have a good shot at getting SD back on track

Reactions: WASSUP54
Pulling hard for this guy; he's the same age as me as we both were class of 2011 guys. Glad to see people my age get hired.

He has a hard road ahead of him but he's gonna have a lot of help too. Adams being onboard is the best possible thing.
I hope he doesn't plan to run the same spread offense that ND runs. That just isn't going to work with SD's personnel.

I have no malice or hate for coach Honeycutt or anything like that and I wish him the BEST BUT….

I understand some may not be a Fan of Coach Springer but I felt he was done wrong bc I think SD always wanted Coach Honeycutt and So I don’t understand why he didn’t get it in first Go around n personally I felt Coach Springer got put into a crappy position that wasn’t right to him - Why offer Coach Springers the job then if u didn’t want him at all in the first place? Why was he a finalist ? Why did you Re-Open the Application so he could apply? Again Coach Honeycutt was prob the Right Guy for the job since he a Davidson co guy n well known and all but You still did someone else wrong n I’m sure Political addenda help get coach springer fired due to board or former principal didn’t want him there then WHY do u have a Search committee or AD to do that process then U could just have the School Board do it or Principle.

again AD, nor New Principle at SD had 0 say in what happen to coach springer and like I said I have no malice toward Coach Honeycutt- If SD wanted him all along then He will have a great support backing and have a good shot at getting SD back on track
I dont think honeycutt applied after hill, but i agree springer was hired by a select few committee at SD, and when the new administration came in they had an agenda to get honeycutt, springer sholdnt have been hired if they wanted honeycutt, he was there three weeks and now his resume has a black eye that shouldnt be there

The principal change likely persuaded him to accept the position.

However, don't get too attached. He'll be gone in a few years when he's got some head coach experience under his belt.
He's going to be as successful as he can be at South. No way he stays long.

The principal change likely persuaded him to accept the position.

However, don't get too attached. He'll be gone in a few years when he's got some head coach experience under his belt.
He's going to be as successful as he can be at South. No way he stays long.
If would kept Coach Springer and gave him a chance he would prob been longer then Honeycutt I bet Honeycutt stay no more then 2-4 years - springer would atleast been there for 5 if given right support n All imo

I dont think honeycutt applied after hill, but i agree springer was hired by a select few committee at SD, and when the new administration came in they had an agenda to get honeycutt, springer sholdnt have been hired if they wanted honeycutt, he was there three weeks and now his resume has a black eye that shouldnt be there
+1 but like I said tho New Principal had no affect on springer it was other people within SD who wanted Honeycutt so The decision to canned Springer was made by previous Admin

I agree with your insight on both of your most recent posts.

Quite telling that the community wants to “win quick”. Completely laughable given that they’ve literally never “Won at all”.

Just like always, this is going to be a mess. I feel bad for the kids. I’m really hopeful that this is a somewhat positive experience for Honeycutt.
If Springer got forced out, I hate it for him as well. But I really hope he won’t take it too personally. South probably did him a favor in the long run.

It could always be worse though, right? He could be at Lexington H.S.

I agree with your insight on both of your most recent posts.

Quite telling that the community wants to “win quick”. Completely laughable given that they’ve literally never “Won at all”.

Just like always, this is going to be a mess. I feel bad for the kids. I’m really hopeful that this is a somewhat positive experience for Honeycutt.
If Springer got forced out, I hate it for him as well. But I really hope he won’t take it too personally. South probably did him a favor in the long run.

It could always be worse though, right? He could be at Lexington H.S.
If would kept Coach Springer and gave him a chance he would prob been longer then Honeycutt I bet Honeycutt stay no more then 2-4 years - springer would atleast been there for 5 if given right support n All imo
I think you are correct maybe 2 years, Adams only has 2 years left, im glad he went to SD but really not sure why i would have finished my last 2 at current location, soon as he retires honeycut will be gone and it is gone be the same revolving door for HC and Principal

Tripp is a great coach and SD is fortunate to have him. Time will tell on the issues that people have already discussed. For now I do believe they could not have gotten anyone better.
I agree wholeheartedly. They’ve got a coach that can win them some games. Now…. Give him some time to recruit the halls and to tweak the non-conference schedule if he so chooses. The CCC is a tall order for South, but they can’t really do anything about that.

Support this guy. He’s the real deal.

Big shoes to fill here. Will this next coach meet all qualifications?
He’s knowledgeable. He’s committed to recruiting the halls of the school. He’ll be a faculty member IN the school on a daily basis. Yeah, he checks all the boxes.

There are literally no big shoes to fill here. He’s as qualified as any other person who would be willing to take on this perennial bottom dwelling program.

He’s knowledgeable. He’s committed to recruiting the halls of the school. He’ll be a faculty member IN the school on a daily basis. Yeah, he checks all the boxes.

There are literally no big shoes to fill here. He’s as qualified as any other person who would be willing to take on this perennial bottom dwelling program.
I wish him and the program well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT