ADVERTISEMENT

South Davidson

People do a good job hiding their past sometimes. I mean Elkin had a teacher a few years ago that someone slipped through the cracks and got hired without a legit degree. Just because someone seems or says they're in it for all the right reasons doesn't mean anything on paper. Didn't he only coach 1 game at one of the high schools this year before getting run off?

There is obviously more to it and I'm not saying the school system is innocent here but as I said, it wasn't a good marriage to begin with from the perspective I've been given.

Reactions: Tgulli18
People do a good job hiding their past sometimes. I mean Elkin had a teacher a few years ago that someone slipped through the cracks and got hired without a legit degree. Just because someone seems or says they're in it for all the right reasons doesn't mean anything on paper. Didn't he only coach 1 game at one of the high schools this year before getting run off?

There is obviously more to it and I'm not saying the school system is innocent here but as I said, it wasn't a good marriage to begin with from the perspective I've been given.
anything that is public knowledge you can find out. Its easy to find out if someone is lying

I mean ex: Look coach Brint Russell if the mtn school would done their research n would of just seen what happened to other program (which was obvious n public knowledge) they shouldnt of hired him period. Like the ole saying goes: If there a WILL there is a WAY. U cant hide anything because there is always a way to uncover the truth n facts some are easier then other but come on now

Maybe im little biased since I know coach springer but I feel like this more on the school itself then him imo

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Hell I remember when Coach Wells was at Mooresville , Someone pay for something n they knew he applied for the VA school before it was ever made official so anything that is public record or knowledge u can find out

They have a sports minded Prinicpal beginning in June. He was a very successful football and baseball coach so maybe he will make the hire and not the county AD or AD. He is well connected and will be good for that school and the sports teams. Another bad hire for whatever reason. Davidson County admin continues to fail that school, the student/athletes anc community with bad decisions. Should give it to the wrestling coach, he has much more football experience than the guy that just left.

And you could be totally right. I don't know much about Springer from other than what told but there are some definite red flags and bouncing around has long been one for any coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tgulli18
They have a sports minded Prinicpal beginning in June. He was a very successful football and baseball coach so maybe he will make the hire and not the county AD or AD. He is well connected and will be good for that school and the sports teams. Another bad hire for whatever reason. Davidson County admin continues to fail that school, the student/athletes anc community with bad decisions. Should give it to the wrestling coach, he has much more football experience than the guy that just left.
Chris Adams will be the new principal. He will definitely help South Davidson.

I wasnt shocked to hear this was happening as my son is a student athlete where Mr.Springer currently teaches. My son explained that Mr.Springer is very hotheaded and he has a very bad mouth I assumed thats what got him into trouble. The other parents and there kids were telling me that there was a incident where he had said some unprofessional words to another athlete student. Im assuming thats what got him introuble.
This is false. Coach Springer hasn’t even been on SD Campus that Much. Idk what he has done in the past or whatever the case n that’s water under the bridge

I have heard other coaches cuss and I remember one game in iredell a coach cuss their whole D line out n everyone heard it , Some coach Cuss that who some are and sometimes kids need a good ass chewing u see a lot on Saturday nights

I talked to coach springer while I can’t comment on anything but all I will say He got ****ed over now weather he did something or not , Cussing isn’t a thing to Fire a coach unless it was racist or derogatory or something personal to attack a athlete IMO

Like Stated above - This marriage wasn’t the right fit and It is what it is

Coaches can chew someones butt out without cussing. Just because our coaches did it back in the 80s and 90s doesn't make it right today and anyone dealing with kids should try and do better. It's going to happen at times, we all get it, but saying it's okay to cuss a kid out isn't right and it shouldn't be accepted. When it happens it, should happen with purpose, and not just fly off the chain cussing like I've seen some from coaches. Telling a kid to get their head out of their butt, or get their butt down and get their crap together(using cuss words) is one thing but when the f bomb starts the fly, and degrading language is used, I draw the line.

That type of behavior shouldn't be accepted in schools or in the workforce.

Coaches can chew someones butt out without cussing. Just because our coaches did it back in the 80s and 90s doesn't make it right today and anyone dealing with kids should try and do better. It's going to happen at times, we all get it, but saying it's okay to cuss a kid out isn't right and it shouldn't be accepted. When it happens it, should happen with purpose, and not just fly off the chain cussing like I've seen some from coaches. Telling a kid to get their head out of their butt, or get their butt down and get their crap together(using cuss words) is one thing but when the f bomb starts the fly, and degrading language is used, I draw the line.

Well Like I said I heard some foul language in my time area sports , I have no issue with it unless it crosses a line which a F word don’t cross that line - I’m old school - And I’m not saying every word or every time they use a cuss word but when someone **** up with a 15 yard penalty or if someone misses a assignment I don’t mind someone says wake the f’n up - Every coaches has a different style -

I love coach Mike Leach, Some of his best Rants made his team better.

You are exactly right and it definitely was worse than just cussing it was way out of line. Im not attacking anyone just stating facts and from what Ive been hearing the parents are very upset and have addressed their concerns.

You are exactly right and it definitely was worse than just cussing it was way out of line. Im not attacking anyone just stating facts and from what Ive been hearing the parents are very upset and have addressed their concerns.
No offense you can’t believe everything parents or kids say - I heard shit all the time and half of it never true …. But again I wasn’t there but sometimes people twist things around or make bigger then what it really is n I seen in sports

That’s why if I hear something I always try to go to a Source that is creditable that I know or would know about situations or whatever the case

like they say: Assuming makes a ass out of you n me if it’s not true

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
That’s why if I hear something I always try to go to a Source that is creditable that I know or would know about situations or whatever the case

like they say: Assuming makes a ass out of you n me if it’s not true
You have an axe to grind, it will not happen here. You just joined today to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway moving on - Whatever SD decided to do moving forward I do wish them luck but this does give them a bad look

Should of left it alone with hill, but i agree house would be the best choice already has the kids respect and trust from helping with football and the wrestling program

What a crap show.

Might as well hire the in house guy this late in the game. Let him stay a year and prove himself then see if he's worthy of keeping or not. Huge fan of Adams; he was a solid HC. Worst case he has connections enough to find the right guy on his own. Whoever gets hired he will be supported by him. That's what South has needed for a long time.

What a crap show.

Might as well hire the in house guy this late in the game. Let him stay a year and prove himself then see if he's worthy of keeping or not. Huge fan of Adams; he was a solid HC. Worst case he has connections enough to find the right guy on his own. Whoever gets hired he will be supported by him. That's what South has needed for a long time.
Very true out of all the past pricipals Billy Hunt was the only one that was truly supportive, chris is a good guy and will be supportive, first thing he should do is get a new AD and start there, if he hires the HC im hearing rumors about, should be a good hire if he committs and stays more than a couple of years

Very true out of all the past pricipals Billy Hunt was the only one that was truly supportive, chris is a good guy and will be supportive, first thing he should do is get a new AD and start there, if he hires the HC im hearing rumors about, should be a good hire if he committs and stays more than a couple of years
He’ll already have a good co-AD in Gabe Scott. Gabe played baseball for Chris at Ledford.

Will be a great hire! Patience will be key - LL and MS numbers have improved - just need to keep the momentum growing/going.

He’ll already have a good co-AD in Gabe Scott. Gabe played baseball for Chris at Ledford.
From my understanding and talking to a couple of the past coaches there gabe has fell into the idc anymore attitutde with the other AD not my words dont personally know him

I can see having an assistant AD at bigger schools but no way sharing duties. Especially at a small school. If neither want to take on the full job they need to find someone to do so.

Last edited:
I can see having an assistant AD at bigger schools but no way sharing duties. Especially at a small school. If neither want to take on the full job they need to find someone to do so.
Shelton used to do it by himself, and all the mowing and field prep, at the time had the most students SD ever had with 521, have had 2 since 04, explains alot

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Co-Ads means nothing regarding the success of your programs. that job is the most overworked and underpaid position in the school system. Hard to find people to do it for long, crazy burn out. Having a co-ad is not common but it really signifies nothing.

Reactions: FBallGuy82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT