ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Week 3 Pickem

You dont know crap. I know alot more about Franklin than you think. You are wrong again boy.

The franklin fans I know dont think they will win but 2 or 3 games this year. They also said Murphy only has 1 back and Asheville was way better.

One thing should keep you guys up at night though Murphy’s QB can pass and has a multitude of receivers He grew a lot from the Pisgah to Franklin game and I suspect that growth will continue

The franklin fans I know dont think they will win but 2 or 3 games this year. They also said Murphy only has 1 back and Asheville was way better.
Murphy are notoriously slow starters. In 2016 Murphy got beat by 35 against Franklin early that season (and some people may think I'm crazy to say this) but if those two teams had played again in December I'm doubtful Franklin would have beat them. That loss was a huge wakeup call to that group. Dogs went on to destroy the rest of the SMC and were only seriously challenged once more that season on route to the title game and title.

So for the people talking about how Murphy looks now or how they only have one back, be careful because this team will look a lot different come November if they stay healthy.

Last edited:
Don't pay him any mind BK ... he's just got in a tizzy like the other 3 or 4 Murphy posters. Apparently he's the "little guy" that gets tough after the big guys have barked a while. It is hilarious to me that they just "bark" back but never address the facts that they are given. A senior back with less than 15 yards in two games. A starting fullback with 40 or so through two games. Not a word from them. Still world beaters. Be careful what you post though, because they'll turn around and accuse you of being a kid hater and feeling hurter. No matter who wins SMC this year, we better order these boys some trophies or they may jump off a cliff.

Lol who let junior have extra time on the computer?

i have no dog in this fight but theres no way Robbinsville would be 0-2 vs Franklin and Pisgah, robbinsville and swain beat Smoky and Smoky will handle Franklin

I agree with mbdfan. I say the same thing to franklin fans. They think I'm crazy when i say they are lucky to play murphy early and shouldn't compare Franklin vs murphy to Robbinsville vs murphy. 2 months is a long time in football. Also I think mostly a 2a/3a/4a will be closer to their ceiling early than a 1a team will.

Reactions: mbdfan
You dont know crap. I know alot more about Franklin than you think. You are wrong again boy.
You are a real tough guy behind that screen. Truth is you are just a big ole tittie baby. No way I think you guys go to Franklin and get a win. LCA shut you out in the first half on your field. I'm not even sure you hang on and beat LCA if the game wasnt called early. 3 points isn't much of a guarantee to me

You are a real tough guy behind that screen. Truth is you are just a big ole tittie baby. No way I think you guys go to Franklin and get a win. LCA shut you out in the first half on your field. I'm not even sure you hang on and beat LCA if the game wasnt called early. 3 points isn't much of a guarantee to me
Rumor has it too that LCA threw a TD that called back and that's when all the chaos broke out.

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
Smoky Mountain

Hayesville

Murphy

Robbinsville

Madison

Swain Co.

WNC GOTW: Pisgah

1A GOTW: Mount Airy

Rumor has it too that LCA threw a TD that called back and that's when all the chaos broke out.
Either way I'm glad rville beat them, i know they canceled game with Mountain heritage, not sure why, but I'm thinking if 2 -3 players where ejected and 2-3 coaches were ejected this may be why, not sure but i am glad rville beat them

I saw were Murphy went up 64 kids in three years then dropped 40 to 470 last year I haven't heard maybe one of the Murphy guys have heard what the first day of school numbers were.
I've heard from a couple people that this is the biggest freshman class at Murphy in a while, so Murphy's numbers should be up from last year. How much up? I have no clue.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
We had just scored 21 unanswered points and LCA had 4th and 7 and 70 yds to go.
We would've scored again had the game continued. You know nothing

Mtn Heritage cancelled.
I dont blame them. Good call. I hope we cancel next years game in Atlanta

I've heard from a couple people that this is the biggest freshman class at Murphy in a while, so Murphy's numbers should be up from last year. How much up? I have no clue.
Well that will certainly change the dynamics of 1A & 1AA if both Mitchell and Murphy move up to 1AA. When the guy that told me about the Mitchell numbers I asked him about Murphy and he said he didn't look it up and I'm thinking why not? lol, But if Mitchell is going to be 1AA then they can't look down the road at the playoffs ( of course their first goal like every year is to win the conference), but as far as the playoffs last year they were the only 1A in the conference (of course it wouldn't have mattered beating both Polk and Avery) but this year Polk and Avery look much improved and with the playoff field cut from 64 to 48 I guess there is a possibility of only one getting in.

We had just scored 21 unanswered points and LCA had 4th and 7 and 70 yds to go.
We would've scored again had the game continued. You know nothing
You rville folks and these "unanswered" points. Still does not hide the fact that you gave up 18 to an unorganized dysfunctional team. But yeah good job with your "unanswered" points.

Reactions: BulldogDad27-23
Either way I'm glad rville beat them, i know they canceled game with Mountain heritage, not sure why, but I'm thinking if 2 -3 players where ejected and 2-3 coaches were ejected this may be why, not sure but i am glad rville beat them
I saw article, mountain heritage canceled,

You rville folks and these "unanswered" points. Still does not hide the fact that you gave up 18 to an unorganized dysfunctional team. But yeah good job with your "unanswered" points.
Yeah we gave up 18, 3 tds all on 4th down,all jump balls, but had good position to make a play and didn’t. As far as dysfunctional, they brought in a new coach to call plays and organize the best he could. He improved that team by leaps and bounds from what you saw. And he kept the ball in his playmakers hands all night. And those three players are better than anyone you have, we have, or anybody else in the conference for that matter. Their FS is an absolute stud and if he had a solid line, offensively you wouldn’t touch him. Feel free to speak your opinion, here’s mine. And in know way was smoky better because they started 3 at QB. That’s laughable!

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Nice picture in the Graham Star of the phantom catch. That settles that. Someone should send their coach that photo. Bet he would feel like a jackass.
Probably not.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
So I've watched Georgia Force and this is not going to be an easy game at all folks. They're long and athletic on defense, QB has a good arm and their RB looks like a better athlete than anybody on Murphy's team. I definitely think this will be the best offense Murphy has seen so far. Murphy offense will need to make the most of their red zone opportunities because 15 points isn't going to get it done this Friday in my opinion

LCA did not score on Swain till we subbed at the beginning of the 4th. Swain pulled starters after three quarters. A few stayed in but not many.

Score in that game should have been 32-0 as Swain had a bad spot on 4th down by a yard and a half on the three yard line. Should have been first and goal. Refs were terrible and the conditions were terrible. No lights, 4 Refs, bad spots and no calls. That’s why the game was moved to Robbinsville.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
So I've watched Georgia Force and this is not going to be an easy game at all folks. They're long and athletic on defense, QB has a good arm and their RB looks like a better athlete than anybody on Murphy's team. I definitely think this will be the best offense Murphy has seen so far. Murphy offense will need to make the most of their red zone opportunities because 15 points isn't going to get it done this Friday in my opinion

I picked Murphy and I am sure it’s going to be a close game. I think Murphy still pulls this out by less than 7 points.

Wow..you took the words right out of my mouth..just got done watching them.

Swain beats Smoky on basically a hail mary and Robbinsville basically gut stomps Smoky for 3 qrts but now Swain is all world..
I guess that's how you act when you've not won much lately or maybe that's just how mommies and daddies act when they get on here. Swains problems for the last few years have been mommy and daddy ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Robbinsville lost a onside kick by LCA first play. Then we went 3 and out. Then we fumbled the next drive. Then a punt or 2. The another fumble. LCA had the ball most of the time. LCA had 3 jump ball tds on 3rd and 4th downs. We need to work on that. Then the 2nd half started a Robbinsville took over. 1st drive after the half we drove 50yds in 4 plays and scored on a 10yd Anderson run.
LCA punt.
Robbinsville 2nd drive went for 75yds. Anderson had two long runs and scored on a 6yd td making it 18-14.
LCA punt.
Robbinsville 3rd drive ended in a punt.
LCA punt
Robbinsville 4th drive ended with Hooper scoring on a 1yd carry.
LCA next possession went like this.
1st down we stopped them
2nd down we stopped then short gain.
3rd and 7. 40 yard incompletion.
4th and 7 from their own 25. Game called.
For over 15 minutes we dominated them and would've continued to and would've continued to score again. The flow of the game suggested that we would've scored 1 more maybe twice. LCA coach knew they were beat. Why else would you stay on the field when told to leave or the game would be cancelled while your loosing. Proof of the phantom catch is front page Graham star.
It took us a while to get going just like week one. We have to play for 4 Q. We must get better.

Reactions: Swaindad40
I spoke with administration at end of first week and numbers were still around 470.

Swain beats Smoky on basically a hail mary and Robbinsville basically gut stomps Smoky for 3 qrts but now Swain is all world..
I guess that's how you act when you've not won much lately or maybe that's just how mommies and daddies act when they get on here. Swains problems for the last few years have been mommy and daddy ball.

October 25th

October 25th
Like I said, the dads try to run the program. I'm sure Swains coaches dont like you on here spouting off ,trying to be the team spokesman. They warned you last year to keep your mouth shut..You done this same thing last year against Murphy and Robbinsville. Had the Dogs and Knights so fired up that your prize backs never made it past the line of scrimmage. Keep it up..

I watched Georgia Force earlier this week, and I know they are another homeschool/alternative group, but they are also a whole different creature than anything any team in our conference has saw so far. That was surprising to see. Athletes out the Wahoo, a qb that has an exceptional arm, and a five wide spread offense that they run extremely well. I know that the film I saw may be deceiving as to the quality of opponent they faced, not sure. But if they are really as good as they look on film, then I believe Murphy may very well struggle to contain them, and could very possibly be looking at a loss this Friday. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out
It will be hard for Robbinsville and Murphy to beat them. I'm not sure how conditioned and strong they are but they are very disciplined ,big and fast...our only chance is to out coach them and hopefully be better conditioned in the 2nd half. Hopefully the SMC toughness will help both Robbinsville and Murphy.
The Knights play them in 2 weeks at home.

Last edited:
Reactions: CherokeeKid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT