Hayesville 31 TP 21
Murphy 35 GFA 7
Erwin 28 Robbinsville 24
Rosman 21 Madison 7
Swain 42 Enka 7
Tuscola 27 Pisgah 17
Elkin 21 Mount Airy 14

Reactions: mbdfan
Did anyone else find it odd that ACT ranked Robbinsville ahead of Swain this week? Not that it matters of course I just found it odd since Swain handled the Atlanta team a little easier than Robbinsville did.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Smoky Mountain
Tellico
Murphy
Erwin
Madison
Swain Co.
Pisgah
Mount Airy

Last edited:
Did anyone else find it odd that ACT ranked Robbinsville ahead of Swain this week? Not that it matters of course I just found it odd since Swain handled the Atlanta team a little easier than Robbinsville did.

Maybe it was because Robbinsville beat Smoky by 5 on the road and swain won at home by 2 or 3. Robbinsville beat smoky 26-00 after the first Q. Swain and Smoky seemed even most of game.
That Atlanta team turned the ball over 5 times vs swain. I think they only turned it over once vs Robbinsville.
I

Swain was not even ranked to begin the year..Robbinsville was 7 or 8th I think..Robbinsville also beat Smoky worse than Swain did..Please explain?

The Robbinsville/Erwin game is a tough pick for me.. Robbinsville can't seem to find its flow.. The guys should be in shape now.We need or finest 11 on the field 90% of the time. Our games have looked like scrimmages, running 3 and 4 players in and out EVERY play. We need 11 that depends on each other and knows what to expect.
We seem to have no identity. Give us our best 11 starters and go with them.. Hard to gel with 3 or 4 different lineman and receivers every play...Same goes for defense..Nobody in the stadium knows who our starting defense is...Its time to make a team.

Swain was not even ranked to begin the year..Robbinsville was 7 or 8th I think..Robbinsville also beat Smoky worse than Swain did..Please explain?
Theoretically aren't teams suppose to get better as the season goes on? I would argue and say Swain beat a better Smoky team than robbinsville played. Swain coulda easily beat Smoky by 3 scores just stalled out a few drives in the red zone. Held Frady to under 100 yards and played a better QB. None-the-less had more total yardage than Robbinsville did. Swain CREATED 5 turnovers against Life Christian Academy.........

Theoretically aren't teams suppose to get better as the season goes on? I would argue and say Swain beat a better Smoky team than robbinsville played. Swain coulda easily beat Smoky by 3 scores just stalled out a few drives in the red zone. Held Frady to under 100 yards and played a better QB. None-the-less had more total yardage than Robbinsville did. Swain CREATED 5 turnovers against Life Christian Academy.........
Swain had game film from the week before..
Robbinsville had game film from last years Smoky team..
Maybe you should watch the game film of LCA if you think Swain created all those turnovers..Snapping the ball over the QBs head was not caused by Swain.
Its funny that a Big 1AA team even has to get on here and argue with the small teams.
Enjoy your regular season..Must be pretty demoralizing to know that Tarboro and East Surry await you.

Smoky Mountain at Cherokee

Hayesville at Tellico Plains (TN)

Murphy at Georgia Force Christian

Robbinsville at Erwin

Rosman at Madison

Swain Co. at Enka

WNC GOTW: Pisgah at Tuscola

1A GOTW: Mount Airy at Elkin
Smoky Mountain
Tellico Plains
Murphy
Erwin
Rosman
Swain
Pisgah
Mt. Airy

The Robbinsville/Erwin game is a tough pick for me.. Robbinsville can't seem to find its flow.. The guys should be in shape now.We need or finest 11 on the field 90% of the time. Our games have looked like scrimmages, running 3 and 4 players in and out EVERY play. We need 11 that depends on each other and knows what to expect.
We seem to have no identity. Give us our best 11 starters and go with them.. Hard to gel with 3 or 4 different lineman and receivers every play...Same goes for defense..Nobody in the stadium knows who our starting defense is...Its time to make a team.

It'll be interesting to see if the Knights can slow their pass game down. I think you guys can handle their RBs

Swain had game film from the week before..
Robbinsville had game film from last years Smoky team..
Maybe you should watch the game film of LCA if you think Swain created all those turnovers..Snapping the ball over the QBs head was not caused by Swain.
Its funny that a Big 1AA team even has to get on here and argue with the small teams.
Enjoy your regular season..Must be pretty demoralizing to know that Tarboro and East Surry await you.
Be careful with listing Swain as large 1A. Heard Con Met was shutting down the doors in a few months. This mean the trending down swing of enrollment numbers continues. Besides, we play whom is put in front of us and lay it on the line. And being a part of the SMC kinda justifies the questions. But it’s all good both team can decide it on the field this year again. It is nice to know that Swain did bring home one of those 1AA titles and made to another. Better than most when lining up with schools having adm’s near or over 900 kids those years. Looks like the SMC is much improved over last season.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Be careful with listing Swain as large 1A. Heard Con Met was shutting down the doors in a few months. This mean the trending down swing of enrollment numbers continues. Besides, we play whom is put in front of us and lay it on the line. And being a part of the SMC kinda justifies the questions. But it’s all good both team can decide it on the field this year again. It is nice to know that Swain did bring home one of those 1AA titles and made to another. Better than most when lining up with schools having adm’s near or over 900 kids those years. Looks like the SMC is much improved over last season.

Yep, Swain just lines up and plays. I never hear any complaints from Bryson City about having to play 1AA. Some people just whine and cry all the time about who they have to play, and who other people get to play.

Nothing but respect for Swain and the program . I just have a hard time believing someone could beat Swain Co. by 4 scores in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs. We’ve all heard E Surry Is on a different level this year so on so forth . Most teams look at playoff brackets and talk about “ we can dodge them “ if so and so wins or loses, these slow, small SMC teams want those teams. WE HAVE been there done that several times. I can think of 3 teams that have “ been there done that “ about 30 times. To overlook or underestimate one of those teams will bring on basketball season. You’ll have to do more than beat NC school for basket weaving and knitting 63-7 to get a reaction or a care from our little conference. Rant over. Go Knights

Erwin has size and speed, but their line play doesn't really jive. This is a dangerous game for Robbinsville. Erwin's QB is young, but has a lot going for him. Don't know his official stats, bit he looked to be 6-2 or 3, around 210-220. Good arm, had flashes of goodness while scrambling. If he can avoid the Knights d long enough to find a receiver, they can move down field in a hurry. Erwin has had a tougher 2 games than Robbinsville has, so they are a little more battle tested. All that being said, I think Robbinsville pulls this one out. Erwin has nice facilities, I like watching games where there is no track around the field. Beware tho, Erwin players tend to get dirty when frustrated, and I know that some of the Knights players can be hot headed. Should be nothing like the circus last week tho.

Erwin has size and speed, but their line play doesn't really jive. This is a dangerous game for Robbinsville. Erwin's QB is young, but has a lot going for him. Don't know his official stats, bit he looked to be 6-2 or 3, around 210-220. Good arm, had flashes of goodness while scrambling. If he can avoid the Knights d long enough to find a receiver, they can move down field in a hurry. Erwin has had a tougher 2 games than Robbinsville has, so they are a little more battle tested. All that being said, I think Robbinsville pulls this one out. Erwin has nice facilities, I like watching games where there is no track around the field. Beware tho, Erwin players tend to get dirty when frustrated, and I know that some of the Knights players can be hot headed. Should be nothing like the circus last week tho.
Well said Mountie...Erwin is a dangerous team right now and you can bet that they will be ready Friday night, but at the same time if Robbinsville can play to there ability all 4 quarters they win 24 to 14 so now sence i am predicting this outcome Erwin will probally win.this season to me is hard to figure out..I do think Robbinsville will have a say in who comes out of the 1a west .but I think Mitchell is the team to beat ,but they can be beat .just like any other team.

Smoky Mountain at Cherokee

Hayesville at Tellico Plains (TN)

Murphy at Georgia Force Christian

Robbinsville at Erwin

Rosman at Madison

Swain Co. at Enka

WNC GOTW: Pisgah at Tuscola

1A GOTW: Mount Airy at Elkin
Smoky
Georgia Force
Robbinsville
Rosman
Swain
Pisgah
Mount Airy

Smoky
Georgia Force
Robbinsville
Rosman
Swain
Pisgah
Mount Airy
Tell us again how Murray is soft and cant be compared to Anderson, Sain or Hooper. 40 carries 356 total yards and 3 TDs through two games. Pretty sure he has the most rushing yardage in the conference and running behind a line still coming together after they lost their standout interior lineman to a torn ACL.

Tell us again how Murray is soft and cant be compared to Anderson, Sain or Hooper. 40 carries 356 total yards and 3 TDs through two games. Pretty sure he has the most rushing yardage in the conference and running behind a line still coming together after they lost their standout interior lineman to a torn ACL.

Not a surprise to me because I was waiting on him to stand out with these other Murphy backs. To me he is the best and the most experienced back that Murphy has. He has been around for four years and is a perfect fit for Murphy’s offense. Still early in the season. 40 carries in two games is a lot in Murphy’s offense. Typically they spread it around more which has me thinking why has he had to carry the load? Other backs there seem to have a low average yards per carry. Perhaps inexperienced backs learning the offense?

Smoky Mtn.
Hayesville
Murphy
Robbinsville ( Erwin just didn't impress me against Mitchell, if Mitchell hadn't shot themselves in the foot the whole first half it wouldn't had even been as close as it was. Just looking at them they look very athletic but the sophomore QB got rattled pretty easy when blitzed ,but if he's coachable he should improve with every game he plays though because he does look like he has the raw athletic abilities, plus their line is suspect. So it'll be an interesting game to keep up with but just what I've seen of them so far I'll go with Robbinsville.)
Rosman
Swain
Pisgah
Mt. Airy

Well said Mountie...Erwin is a dangerous team right now and you can bet that they will be ready Friday night, but at the same time if Robbinsville can play to there ability all 4 quarters they win 24 to 14 so now sence i am predicting this outcome Erwin will probally win.this season to me is hard to figure out..I do think Robbinsville will have a say in who comes out of the 1a west .but I think Mitchell is the team to beat ,but they can be beat .just like any other team.

As far as the last part concerning Robbinsville, Mitchell and the 1A West, last week looking forward to this Friday's games with Robbinsville playing Erwin I thought it might give a glimpse into how they might match up in a possible playoff game but it looks like that's out the window with Mitchell's enrollment up and probably playing in 1AA this year. So now we have 3 1AA schools in the conference playing to get in the playoffs Mitchell , Polk and Avery with Polk and Avery looking to be improved this year ( time will tell how much) though I think Mitchell is still better and I think some changes like a new defensive coordinator may have improved from last year.

Rushing
Murray 40-292. 3 Tds
Sain 30-237. 2 Tds
Anderson 40-233. 4 Tds

Last edited:
We'll see how he holds up. All of his yards against Pisgah were on one run and only 2 TDs were rushing.

Not a surprise to me because I was waiting on him to stand out with these other Murphy backs. To me he is the best and the most experienced back that Murphy has. He has been around for four years and is a perfect fit for Murphy’s offense. Still early in the season. 40 carries in two games is a lot in Murphy’s offense. Typically they spread it around more which has me thinking why has he had to carry the load? Other backs there seem to have a low average yards per carry. Perhaps inexperienced backs learning the offense?
There aren't any other backs. He is it.

We'll see how he holds up. All of his yards against Pisgah were on one run
Take away that run and he still averaged 4 yards a carry against a run defense that's better than anything he'll see in the SMC. And that 80 yard run never happens if he was "soft" like you claimed, he didnt go down and kept his feet moving until he broke free.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT