ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Week 3 Pickem

There aren't any other backs. He is it.
Keep thinking that, Rathburn and Dorsey will be fine. Murphy o-line is in flux still, haven't found their rhythm yet because they lost maybe their most important guy six days before the season started. Once the o-line gets settled in with a couple people in new roles we'll see how it goes, I feel assured both will put up numbers when it matters.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Take away that run and he still averaged 4 yards a carry against a run defense that's better than anything he'll see in the SMC. And that 80 yard run never happens if he was "soft" like you claimed, he didnt go down and kept his feet moving until he broke free.
You better hope he stays healthy. Where are Dorsey's big numbers? I'm not going to argue about it. Think what you want. My opinion ... soft. I'll throw Dorsey in there for good measure. Not what Murphy is used to.

Keep thinking that, Rathburn and Dorsey will be fine. Murphy o-line is in flux still, haven't found their rhythm yet because they lost maybe their most important guy six days before the season started. Once the o-line gets settled in with a couple people in new roles we'll see how it goes, I feel assured both will put up numbers when it matters.
Not against Swain and Robbinsville. Not last 2 weeks. Not against Christ School. Andrews, Hayesville, Rosman, and Cherokee must be when it matters. Pile it on against the cupcakes.

Reactions: KW23
As far as the last part concerning Robbinsville, Mitchell and the 1A West, last week looking forward to this Friday's games with Robbinsville playing Erwin I thought it might give a glimpse into how they might match up in a possible playoff game but it looks like that's out the window with Mitchell's enrollment up and probably playing in 1AA this year. So now we have 3 1AA schools in the conference playing to get in the playoffs Mitchell , Polk and Avery with Polk and Avery looking to be improved this year ( time will tell how much) though I think Mitchell is still better and I think some changes like a new defensive coordinator may have improved from last year.
Thanks for the information .I think Mitchell can beat anybody they run into in this year's playoffs..

What makes you think their numbers are up?
Mitchell fans say they are dropping over all

What makes you think their numbers are up?
Mitchell fans say they are dropping over all

Conflicting info but, last year was a small Sr. Class this is a larger freshman class. Again this is rumor but I had a staff member tell me they had 517 enrolled on the first day. Others have heard much smaller numbers so we will have to wait and see. I think after this season numbers will drop significantly.

Go Mountaineers

A grown man calling high school kids soft. You're a fu**ing joke.
Wow, stuck a nerve huh? I forgot what day and time we live in. Go ahead and pat everybody on the back and hand them a trophy. Tells me something about you. No insult to a kid. Most soft kids play soccer. It just means they don't like to get beat on. Doesn't mean they aren't decent kids, so don't act like that's what I said. Remember, you started this with your comment directed to me earlier in this thread. You were quick to rattle off Murray's stats, so why don't you go ahead and post the stats for the other Murphy backs? How many yards does Dorsey have? How bout Rathburn? You'll find out that I'm right the last week of the season. Knights will get a rare win in Murphy.

Reactions: KW23
Swain had game film from the week before..
Robbinsville had game film from last years Smoky team..
Maybe you should watch the game film of LCA if you think Swain created all those turnovers..Snapping the ball over the QBs head was not caused by Swain.
Its funny that a Big 1AA team even has to get on here and argue with the small teams.
Enjoy your regular season..Must be pretty demoralizing to know that Tarboro and East Surry await you.
What's your excuse for Robbinsville only beating LCA by 3 at home and Swain beat them by 19 in Atlanta then? Robbinsville had game film on them just like Swain had game film on Smoky.

Conflicting info but, last year was a small Sr. Class this is a larger freshman class. Again this is rumor but I had a staff member tell me they had 517 enrolled on the first day. Others have heard much smaller numbers so we will have to wait and see. I think after this season numbers will drop significantly.

Go Mountaineers

If the higher number holds up it did surprise me I figured if anything it would be down but it's not like you're talking about a lot of kids, last year in the playoffs Rosewood was in the 1A with 492 and Lakewood was in the 1AA with 504 so Mitchell has been on the higher end of 1A for the last two years with 489 doesn't take many kids to get to the low end of 1AA. I saw were Murphy went up 64 kids in three years then dropped 40 to 470 last year I haven't heard maybe one of the Murphy guys have heard what the first day of school numbers were. But when you're on the bubble things can change from one year to the next.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Wow, stuck a nerve huh? I forgot what day and time we live in. Go ahead and pat everybody on the back and hand them a trophy. Tells me something about you. No insult to a kid. Most soft kids play soccer. It just means they don't like to get beat on. Doesn't mean they aren't decent kids, so don't act like that's what I said. Remember, you started this with your comment directed to me earlier in this thread. You were quick to rattle off Murray's stats, so why don't you go ahead and post the stats for the other Murphy backs? How many yards does Dorsey have? How bout Rathburn? You'll find out that I'm right the last week of the season. Knights will get a rare win in Murphy.

Screenshot this....for good measure and future reference. You have no clue who this kid is...I CANT WAIT till he is released on yall. See you the 8th.

Side note for other fans: super great kid, knows how to persevere on and OFF the field, anyone who knows him definitely would NEVER refer to him as "soft".

What's your excuse for Robbinsville only beating LCA by 3 at home and Swain beat them by 19 in Atlanta then? Robbinsville had game film on them just like Swain had game film on Smoky.
I know this is hard for you Swain people..smaller schools always ranked ahead of you..You ask why you wasn't ranked higher than Robbinsville? I told you..You began the year unranked..Robbinsville was ranked 7th..We have beat the same schools. Robbinsville beat the better of the 2 schools worse..Outscored them 26-0..
If we beat Erwin this week and Swain beats Enka, we will still be ranked above you.
Now if we lose and Swain beats Enka,which they most certainly will, Swain will jump us in the rankings.

I know this is hard for you Swain people..smaller schools always ranked ahead of you..You ask why you wasn't ranked higher than Robbinsville? I told you..You began the year unranked..Robbinsville was ranked 7th..We have beat the same schools. Robbinsville beat the better of the 2 schools worse..Outscored them 26-0..
If we beat Erwin this week and Swain beats Enka, we will still be ranked above you.
Now if we lose and Swain beats Enka,which they most certainly will, Swain will jump us in the rankings.
You beat smoky by 5 and Swain beat a BETTER smoky team by 3. Swain beat LCA by 19 and you beat them by 3. Quite a difference with the atlanta team wouldn't you say? Good teams beat the bad teams as bad as they are suppose to, average teams barely squeak by the bad teams. Swain could have easily been up 21-0 on Smoky but some drives stalled out which is expected this early in the season. Honestly I wish Swain wasn't ranked at all, this team can be scary just have to stay focused. Best of luck to the knights this week.

My youngest son played soccer in high school. He is a far cry from being "soft". Those kids are talented athletes and your stereotyping them as "soft" is an ignorant statement.

Swain had 10 more yds vs life Academy than Robbinsville vs Life Academy.
Swain also had 6 minutes longer to achieve the same amount of yds.

Either way it really doesn't matter.

Smoky Mountain at Cherokee

Hayesville at Tellico Plains (TN)

Murphy at Georgia Force Christian

Robbinsville at Erwin

Rosman at Madison

Swain Co
. at Enka

WNC GOTW: Pisgah at Tuscola

1A GOTW: Mount Airy at Elkin

Reactions: mbdfan
Smoky Mountain at Cherokee
Hayesville at Tellico Plains (TN)
Murphy at Georgia Force Christian
Robbinsville at Erwin
Rosman at Madison
Swain Co. at Enka
WNC GOTW: Pisgah at Tuscola
1A GOTW: Mount Airy at Elkin

All away teams this week. Risky but I think the away teams are just better. Robbinsville is going to have the game of the week this week. Tough matchup with a 0-2 team in Erwin that faces Reynolds next week. They are desperately in need of a win which is dangerous for Robbinsville. Madison may have enough to beat Rosman. We will see but I have to go with the SMC team.

Last edited:
Alright Bark Boy, don't get so lit up. You are piping off a bunch of things I didn't say. I didn't say anything about what kind of kid he was ... on or off the field. For you to stretch it into that shows that you are trying to change the narrative. I'm still waiting for you and the Fan to answer my question about their stats. In case anyone else is wondering, Dorsey less than 15 yards in two games. Rathburn around 40. So why don't YOU screen shot this .... Knights by 21 on YOUR hill.

Alright Bark Boy, don't get so lit up. You are piping off a bunch of things I didn't say. I didn't say anything about what kind of kid he was ... on or off the field. For you to stretch it into that shows that you are trying to change the narrative. I'm still waiting for you and the Fan to answer my question about their stats. In case anyone else is wondering, Dorsey less than 15 yards in two games. Rathburn around 40. So why don't YOU screen shot this .... Knights by 21 on YOUR hill.

That will be returned "NSF"....

Last edited:
Screen shot this. Unless Murphy is desimated by injuries you have no chance at the HILL this year just like most years and your knights would be 0-2 with Murphys schedule this year. No doubt about it

News 13 just reported that Life Christian Academy has cancelled their game vs Mountain Heritage this week. Murphy May want to start looking for another opponent for week 5. For some reason I think they are done with playing Mountain teams. LOL

You beat smoky by 5 and Swain beat a BETTER smoky team by 3. Swain beat LCA by 19 and you beat them by 3. Quite a difference with the atlanta team wouldn't you say? Good teams beat the bad teams as bad as they are suppose to, average teams barely squeak by the bad teams. Swain could have easily been up 21-0 on Smoky but some drives stalled out which is expected this early in the season. Honestly I wish Swain wasn't ranked at all, this team can be scary just have to stay focused. Best of luck to the knights this week.

Screen shot this. Unless Murphy is desimated by injuries you have no chance at the HILL this year just like most years and your knights would be 0-2 with Murphys schedule this year. No doubt about it

Thats dumb dog dad. No doubt you say? Franklin? I know exactly what Franklin is putting on the field.

Thanks that just got posted in Murphy,s Locker Room. See you in November

Don't pay him any mind BK ... he's just got in a tizzy like the other 3 or 4 Murphy posters. Apparently he's the "little guy" that gets tough after the big guys have barked a while. It is hilarious to me that they just "bark" back but never address the facts that they are given. A senior back with less than 15 yards in two games. A starting fullback with 40 or so through two games. Not a word from them. Still world beaters. Be careful what you post though, because they'll turn around and accuse you of being a kid hater and feeling hurter. No matter who wins SMC this year, we better order these boys some trophies or they may jump off a cliff.
Thats dumb dog dad. No doubt you say? Franklin? I know exactly what Franklin is putting on the field.

News 13 just reported that Life Christian Academy has cancelled their game vs Mountain Heritage this week. Murphy May want to start looking for another opponent for week 5. For some reason I think they are done with playing Mountain teams. LOL
Just as I expected

Ridiculous

Don't pay him any mind BK ... he's just got in a tizzy like the other 3 or 4 Murphy posters. Apparently he's the "little guy" that gets tough after the big guys have barked a while. It is hilarious to me that they just "bark" back but never address the facts that they are given. A senior back with less than 15 yards in two games. A starting fullback with 40 or so through two games. Not a word from them. Still world beaters. Be careful what you post though, because they'll turn around and accuse you of being a kid hater and feeling hurter. No matter who wins SMC this year, we better order these boys some trophies or they may jump off a cliff.
No I work and dont have time for this ignorance all day unlike you apparently. I'm not barking at all Just letting you know what I'm sure you already know. No chance at the HILL and 0-2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT