ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Offseason Updates

I’m confused what did he say to warrant this?
Why you so sensitive?
Apparently that’s how you roll huh?
Seems you post negatively all day some days. Wife giving you honey do list that you can’t keep up with?
Fist bump that…

Reactions: BK13T-$
SMC won't win another State Championship probably until the next realignment. If the SMC disagrees then what team has a chance in the next 2 years of possibly going through Mount Airy & Tarboro?
Seems to me the only time MA, ES, or anyone else in that conference can win a state title is when they have a superior class of athletes with some D1 level playmakers sprinkled in that nobody else (even Tarboro) can compete against. The SMC has been winning it all for decades with hard working kids and most of the time without any superior or D1 level talent. That’s the difference between the SMC and MA and that conference. About the only time the SMC doesn’t win it all is when they are clearly overmatched, which doesn’t happen often. All things being equal, the SMC will win the biggest majority of the time. So enjoy your little run while you can MA. It definitely has an expiration date.

As for Tarboro, they have no business being in 1a this year or any other year period. Sorry if that hurts any feelings.

Last edited:
So you are telling everyone that with all the talent in the smc. 2 rushers with over 2000 yards rushing that you don't have any d1 talent in the conference. Ok. Why you want to disrespect the players like that. Maybe you need to market your athletes better.

Seems to me the only time MA, ES, or anyone else in that conference can win a state title is when they have a superior class of athletes with some D1 level playmakers sprinkled in that nobody else (even Tarboro) can compete against. The SMC has been winning it all for decades with hard working kids and most of the time without any superior or D1 level talent. That’s the difference between the SMC and MA and that conference. About the only time the SMC doesn’t win it all is when they are clearly overmatched, which doesn’t happen often. All things being equal, the SMC will win the biggest majority of the time. So enjoy your little run while you can MA. It definitely has an expiration date.

As for Tarboro, they have no business being in 1a this year or any other year period. Sorry if that hurts any feelings.
Well it ain't Tarboro's fault but go off I guess. Call the nchsaa and see if they'll put us in 2a 🤷

Last edited:
So you are telling everyone that with all the talent in the smc. 2 rushers with over 2000 yards rushing that you don't have any d1 talent in the conference. Ok. Why you want to disrespect the players like that. Maybe you need to market your athletes better.
I’m saying there wasn’t as much talent, collectively, on any one team in the SMC this year as there was on MA’s team this year. I saw the title game last week. It’s not even debatable. Hell with that much talent you SHOULD win the 1a title 10 out of 10 times.

Last edited:
Never said it was Tarboro’s fault. But I’ve seen with my own eyes on here even Tarboro fans wishing to be in 2a again because 1a is almost too easy for them.
Well quite a few people on here think that we went and whined and cried to be put in 1a. And yes you would be correct a large contingency of Tarboro faithful want us back in 2a I am one of them. But unfortunately, with the prep school and early college nearby it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. Having said that though, if keyword if we add an extra classification or two in 2025 then maybe we could go to 2A again. But for the next two years Tarboro is 1a for sure.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Tarboro can petition to go up every 2 years if they wanted to, so don’t get on here claiming you all can do nothing about the situation
Fact is tarboro enjoys beating up on the little guys
Well maybe they have but got denied by the nchsaa 🤷 quite a few teams tried to come down or go up and we're denied. Tarboro doesn't enjoy beating up on little guys but continue believing this false narrative

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$ and sbbbfan

Hilarious that anybody from murphy would say "as for Tarboro, they have no business being in 1a this year or any other year period". Sorry if that hurts any feelings. Lol 🤣

Hilarious that anybody from murphy would say "as for Tarboro, they have no business being in 1a this year or any other year period". Sorry if that hurts any feelings. Lol 🤣
Why is that hilarious? Are you suggesting that Murphy, with less than 500 students, should be in 2a?

For me, it’s less about numbers but more about talent pool. Tarboro’s numbers might have dropped but they sure aren’t losing any athletes because of it. They have 2a talent every season and have for pretty much ever regardless of classification. Their number of 2a titles back that up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jmappfan5
Why is that hilarious? Are you suggesting that Murphy, with less than 500 students, should be in 2a?

For me, it’s less about numbers but more about talent pool. Tarboro’s numbers might have dropped but they sure aren’t losing any athletes because of it. They have 2a talent every season and have for pretty much ever regardless of classification. Their number of 2a titles back that up.
No I'm suggesting that murphy has moved students to stay little 1A before. And that it's hilarious to whine about another school in 1A doing perhaps the same or less.
I didn't even realize your reasoning is because they have good players to choose from and should on those grounds move to 2A. Lol

How is MA playing down a class. They have 540 or so kids. Draughn has 711.

You know, 1A should be whatever Murphy has or less. Robbinsville and Murphy should play for the western title yearly. If Murphy gets tossed it's the NCHSAA's or officials faults or they didn't play well and the other team just got lucky. They never get beat.

No I'm suggesting that murphy has moved students to stay little 1A before. And that it's hilarious to whine about another school in 1A doing perhaps the same or less.
I didn't even realize your reasoning is because they have good players to choose from and should on those grounds move to 2A. Lol
Do you have proof that Murphy ever “moved” students to stay in little 1a? Facts and opinions are often two very different things. Just because you hold that opinion doesn’t make it a fact. If you can’t prove it, then I don’t want to hear it. You sound just like another poster on here who shall remain nameless.

As for Tarboro, they have a unique situation. Regular students might be going to other schools nearby but the football players are not. So while the overall numbers drop, the football talent has not, and they are neck deep as always in football talent. Any school with enough talent to win 2a most years doesn’t need to be playing 1a football. It’s nothing Tarboro is doing wrong. They are just playing who the nchsaa puts in front of them. I don’t think schools like Thomasville belong in 1a either. Nor do schools like Draughn with over 700 students. The system is broken and needs to be fixed.

You know, 1A should be whatever Murphy has or less. Robbinsville and Murphy should play for the western title yearly. If Murphy gets tossed it's the NCHSAA's or officials faults or they didn't play well and the other team just got lucky. They never get beat.
Breathe deep and count to 10. You won it all (finally). No need to have a stroke. Murphy and Robbinsville can’t hurt you. The season is over.

After hearing all this smack talk then the whole smc should be moved up to 2a since they like beating up on the little guys. This whole thing is hilarious. There might be question marks about a few schools that are at the top of enrollment but they are playing by the system the state put them in. Guess we will hear this even more as basketball season progresses. Same schools complain. Basketball it will be about charters and open enrollment. Yet they compete and win in those sports.

You have to earn that chance. Remember all that laughing and finger pointing you did at MA after last year's game against Mitchell. It made them work twice as hard to correct any issues they had. Get to work and quit making excuses

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT