ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Offseason Updates

OMG you have got to be the biggest cry baby!!!!!!! MA has 577 long way from a 1,ooo we didnt cry about playing Draughn with 711. Like what is wrong with you dude?
You can't understand basic math.
577 to 1,000 is almost twice as large.
340 to 710 is more than twice as large.
That's what it would be equal to.
What's wrong with me? You can't comprehend basic math.

Mark it down.
When MA goes 2a you will complain about the size difference even though now you brush it off as not a factor.

Reactions: Mbulld
At which point you will not have a clue why I call you a hypocrite. Not a clue.

MA has been the smallest school when the split was going on every year. Maybe yall should play in pee wee football leugue then you could compete.
So are you saying Robbinsville hasn't competed the last two years?

Did MA compete as the smallest as you say???
😁

Mount Airy has always borderline 1A 1AA every year before the new realignment. Usually, only 5 to 15 above small 1A when I looked at the ADMs every year, playing schools much larger in the regular season and the playoffs. Minus that 5 to 15 above small 1A, BEARS win more playoffs and more runner-ups as Small 1A in 2008 & 2009. 2008 I think they could have won 1AA even though they were a small 1A.

• Haha
Reactions: Illuminati704
Do you have proof that Murphy ever “moved” students to stay in little 1a? Facts and opinions are often two very different things. Just because you hold that opinion doesn’t make it a fact. If you can’t prove it, then I don’t want to hear it. You sound just like another poster on here who shall remain nameless.

As for Tarboro, they have a unique situation. Regular students might be going to other schools nearby but the football players are not. So while the overall numbers drop, the football talent has not, and they are neck deep as always in football talent. Any school with enough talent to win 2a most years doesn’t need to be playing 1a football. It’s nothing Tarboro is doing wrong. They are just playing who the nchsaa puts in front of them. I don’t think schools like Thomasville belong in 1a either. Nor do schools like Draughn with over 700 students. The system is broken and needs to be fixed.
Come on guys. Leave Thomasville out of your urinating match. We haven’t won a championship in a while. I came out against the formula the NCHSAA used when it was announced. But keep in mind the situation we were in during the last alignment. Playing multiple conference teams with several hundred more students than we had. And we’re not very competitive in sports other than football and men’s basketball. Occasionally wrestling.
The next realignment will hopefully increase the number of classifications and make it more equitable. But it won’t be perfect.

No it won't be perfect.
Going by enrollment alone isn't going to cut it anymore though.

They need to go by the population size a team can draw from
Forsyth County has open enrollment. Are you saying that all schools in Forsyth County should be in the same classification, likely the largest one? So the size of the student body wouldn’t matter?

Reactions: BK13T-$
They definitely shouldn’t be in 1a with open enrollment
1a is supposed to be small town football not a charter or small private school that gets to draw from a population of the second teamers from a 4a school system

Last edited:
Forsyth County has open enrollment. Are you saying that all schools in Forsyth County should be in the same classification, likely the largest one? So the size of the student body wouldn’t matter?

Winston-Salem Prep and Carver playing 4A baseball would go over real well.

They definitely shouldn’t be in 1a with open enrollment
1a is supposed to be small town football not a charter or small private school that gets to draw from a population of the second teamers from a 4a school system
I don’t disagree at all. Just don’t see how population could possibly work. Don’t remember the state, but it was posted here…..take all students who would not normally be assigned to that school and use a significant multiplier. Even with open enrollment, I believe most schools have an assigned area. At least in city and county schools. Might not work for charters though.

Yelling Steve Carell GIF

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
Mount Airy has always borderline 1A 1AA every year before the new realignment. Usually, only 5 to 15 above small 1A when I looked at the ADMs every year, playing schools much larger in the regular season and the playoffs. Minus that 5 to 15 above small 1A, BEARS win more playoffs and more runner-ups as Small 1A in 2008 & 2009. 2008 I think they could have won 1AA even though they were a small 1A.
2008 would have been very tough on MA if they had gone big 1a. You had undefeated Thomasville (eventual champ), Albemarle (this was when Albemarle was still Albemarle…very good team, lost in 3rd round to Thomasville), Murphy (only loss that year was in 3rd round to Hendersonville), and Hendersonville (lost in western semi to Thomasville). Not saying they couldn’t have won it, but it would have been very difficult.

2008 would have been very tough on MA if they had gone big 1a. You had undefeated Thomasville (eventual champ), Albemarle (this was when Albemarle was still Albemarle…very good team, lost in 3rd round to Thomasville), Murphy (only loss that year was in 3rd round to Hendersonville), and Hendersonville (lost in western semi to Thomasville). Not saying they couldn’t have won it, but it would have been very difficult.
Like Mount Airy, Thomasville was also 16-0. We’ll never know.

MA played Thomasville next 3 years after that went 2-1

Apparently Andrews only has 9 games too. U can play them twice this year.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Yeah we used to do that decades ago. I guess as long as the dates lined up and they didn't mind two butt whoopings.

• Haha
Reactions: SMCtalk
Andrews Schedule
Aug 18 Rosman
Aug 25 @ East Henderson
Sept 1 Open
Sept 8 Mitchell
Sept 15 Open
Sept 22 @ Hickory Hawks (Lenoir-Rhyne)
Sept 29 @ Swain
Oct 6 Cherokee
Oct 13 @ Robbinsville
Oct 20 Murphy
Oct 27 @ Hayesville

Bk we know y'all got East Surry week 1 Franklin week 2 and the 5 conference games. Whats the other 2 nonconference opponents for the black knights?

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Just going by last year at Mtn heritage week 3
At Alleghany with 5.
Now those dates might have changed.
Andrews is open week three and five

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT