ADVERTISEMENT

SMC football 2016

Mbulldog42

Aug 15, 2014
Not much to say from a Murphy fan this time of year so thought I would try to get something going football wise. know it's early and a lot of things can change between now and August but what do you expect from your team next year? Looking for a great year for the Bulldogs next year probably a good playoff run in 1AA. We have tons of talent that should be coming back very excited to see whats going to happen next year and expect a breakout year for #42.

I sure looking forward to it. I think Murphy, Swain will be good as always. I would think that Robbinsville would drop off some. Rosman graduated a lot of Seniors so who knows. Cherokee looked very athletic and young so I would look for much improvement from them. Should be a toss up between Andrews and Hayesville.

I am thinking the bottom half will look like this.
4th braves.
5th rosman.
6th andrws.
7th hville.
If the braves QB leaves then I would switch 4th and 5th but if he stays they might finish higher than 4th.

Thought u knew all. You are behind on this. Catch up man. Its not like u.

I believe it's rumored he'll be going to Robbinsville. Trying to read between the lines

Maybe, murphy but not swain.
Really don't think it will happen now. We have a bball coach now.

BK, not behind at all lol. There was never and I mean never any chance of that happening. Rumor at best and a laughable one at that. Why would he leave the team he has returning in a program on the upside and go to a team that will be rebuilding the next few years? Wishful thinking maybe. He is a player to be sure.

You thinking it wasn't true shows how much in the dark you are on the subject. This is the part were gal puts fingers in ears and say bla,blA,bla. But it was true no matter what u say next. U must of been a only child.

What was true that he maybe was coming to Robbinsville? So we want to argue about what maybe was going to happen in your mind? If I am an only child you must be a woman trying to make that argument.

What in the world does being an only child have to do with anything and why would I stick my fingers in my ears. I swear you say some of the dumbest stuff sometimes.

And no I never said I was picking Cherokee over Robbinsville the next two years. I just said IMO Mintz was never going to leave the spot he is in. The system he is in is built around him with a college coach mentoring him to potentially the next level, in first class facilities, with a ton of young talent around him. Why would he come over to a brand new place and have to learn a new a system that is graduating a ton? On top of that his family has a pretty nice set up and has helped build a monster basketball program on the boundary. Not sure what you heard and maybe you did hear wishes of that over in your neck of the woods but rationale would point to that never going to happen. Not sure why you take things so personally. That bei said neither of us are in that family or household and whatever decision they make would be best for them I'm sure. As it should be. Since when would Robbinsville lower themselves to excepting transfers anyway? ;) just messing with ya BK.

Never know in 1a. You predicting another title over the next couple years from the Knights?

I think the Braves have some amazing talent but they have to learn how to win. I thought they were gonna win a few SMC games this year but just couldn't get it done in crunch time. Learning to win close games or games against tough teams takes more than athletic talent. It is a mind set and it is learned through experience. Braves need to get over the hump this year in my opinion to meet their potential the next couple years. Gonna be tough sledding at the top of the SMC the next couple of years.

I'm not saying we win another title but we have a good chance over the next few years.
Our line will be very good and our running backs will be very good. I think k our WRs will be down next yr. Not sure about our D.

Really interested in seeing some input from some of the other teams. How will Hayesville do this year with a new coach? How about Andrews? Have they lost to much to push the big 3? What about Rosman? Can the Braves make a push with all their talent? Fill us in:)

Mintz isn't going anywhere. Like they said the team is built around him with a nice group of his age kids. I expect the Braves to be very competitive the next few years. They were competive this year but just didn't finish drives or games. Of course they started 2 freshman on the line and the rb is a fresh. Not to mention Mintz first year starting and the rest of the line was soph. If they hit the weight room hard they could be nasty.

big future loss for the 'Dogs, shouldn't hurt a ton this year but will hurt in 2017 and especially 2018

Heard we are getting one from swain. Should help fill in the gap the Hedrick boys left.

Hayesville has a returning 1300 yard passer in Kyle Rhinehardt. A few veteran lineman. Some speed also if they can stay healthy...Brian Smith was the fastest kid in the conference in the 100 meter dash as a freshmen (now a junior). Some sophomores that will see a lot of field time coming up from a decent jv team. Could be some excitement in the offense and the defense will be better.

And I also think its hilarious that BK will accept the idea of transfers to Rville, but any other school is considered to have an advantage or even cheating...especially if there is an early college within two counties...

To clarify don't know why any secrecy. It was last year's jv qb George Vining. Decent QB probably better LB

Our transfers are locals. His daddy is from rville and still lives here. That's the difference.

everything is ok when it comes to something benefiting bk, have u not figured that out whc 02, as long as it goes his way nothing is wrong. but god forbid it happen somewhere else then he goes off the charts.

Yeah right. We have had 4 transfers in seven years. That might be less than any other smc team. And two of those was 7th graders. Ones father was a teacher here. And the other was from rville but moved away for a few years. Only one came that didn't have a parent already living here. I can see the difference can't u.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT