ADVERTISEMENT

SMC final standings 2019

BK if you goto the website. It says and this is Straight Copy and Paste

" Now recognized as one of Georgia's Charter School Systems, Union County Schools will strive to remain one of the top rural school systems in the state. "

And For the Hayesville @ Murphy Game if Murphy doesn't beat Hayesville by 40 most years, Feels like a win for Hayesville

It's beginning to look like for the first time in quite a while Murphy will be real thin in the backfield. They will have a great line to run/throw behind but the starting backs must stay healthy or things could get rough.
I hear this stuff almost every year that things for Murphy are supposedly going to get rough and they could have a down year but it never happens. Y’all haven’t finished outside of the top three in years and I don’t expect this year to be any different.

I hear this stuff almost every year that things for Murphy are supposedly going to get rough and they could have a down year but it never happens. Y’all haven’t finished outside of the top three in years and I don’t expect this year to be any different.
I didn't say anything about a down year or finishing outside the top 3. With that said Murphy is going to be a young team this year and they are genuinely really hurting for depth in a few spots, so a few injuries in certain positions would in fact be very damaging.

Reactions: GreyGod623
It's beginning to look like for the first time in quite a while Murphy will be real thin in the backfield. They will have a great line to run/throw behind but the starting backs must stay healthy or things could get rough.
Unfortunately that is how it's been at Rosman for a while now. Football is a tough sport. A lot of kids give it up.

as coach steve spurrier called it, this is " talkin season'.....I aint said much myself, but you boys are beating around the bush......Im saying IF the injury bug stays away that come November Murphy has a hellofa chance of actually being BETTER than last years state champions.....offense is gonna put up video game numbers on most teams.......

Sorry don’t see it. Lost a lot of talent from last seasons team. Also still have some holes to fill and kids to step up.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
I don't see a way that Murphy is as good on defense this year, lost too many multi year starters. The d-line will be stout and the secondary should be solid as they gain experience but the linebacker core lost a couple studs, there's just no way they will be as good at linebacker.

Offense is a different story, it will be in a different way but the pieces are there to be just as good on offense once they gain some experience imo, but there will be definite differences from how it was done last year i.e surely going to see a lot more spread T this year imo. So that's more single back sets, more multi WR sets, more rushing from the QB position. The personnel definitely fits it as well: thinner RB/FB group, thinner TE group, deeper WR group, deeper WB group and a serious athlete at QB. There is a lot of youth on offense but also a lot of talent. Backfield depth is a huge concern though, starting backfield must stay healthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: mhs95
I don't see a way that Murphy is as good on defense this year, lost too many multi year starters. The d-line will be stout and the secondary should be solid as they gain experience but the linebacker core lost a couple studs, there's just no way they will be as good at linebacker.

Offense is a different story, it will be in a different way but the pieces are there to be just as good on offense once they gain some experience imo, but there will be definite differences from how it was done last year i.e surely going to see a lot more spread T this year imo. So that's more single back sets, more multi WR sets, more rushing from the QB position. The personnel definitely fits it as well: thinner RB/FB group, thinner TE group, deeper WR group, deeper WB group and a serious athlete at QB. There is a lot of youth on offense but also a lot of talent. Backfield depth is a huge concern though, starting backfield must stay healthy.
I agree with SwainDad. I just don't see it ... offense or defense. You're probably accurate in your opinion on defense, but you have nothing to replace that #32 and #10 on offense. I don't know who you have for backs other than the wing from last year, but it can't be close to last year. The wing ran soft against us, especially in Rville. You lost your qback. You lost your receiver. Probably have a good line, but nothing behind it.

You lost your qback. You lost your receiver. Probably have a good line, but nothing behind it.
I guess you havent followed JV the last 2 years then or know anything about the level of athlete Murphy has gained from Abling deciding to play. Offense has a lot more talent to step in than you realize, it will be just be done in a different way because the personnel is suited to a different style.

Like I've said for a while now, you better get a young Dogs team this year if you're going to get them because the 2020 Murphy team is one more stud back away (to pair with next year's returnees) from being more talented than the 2016 or the 2018 teams imo. They should/will be loaded everywhere else next season.

Like I've said for a while now, you better get a young Dogs team this year if you're going to get them because the 2020 Murphy team is one more stud back away (to pair with next year's returnees) from being more talented than the 2016 or the 2018 teams imo. They should/will be loaded basically everywhere else next season.
Well I think THIS season is OURS. We bring back a solid line that was young last year. We bring back two stud backs. Conference is ours to lose. I wish we had Murphy at home this season. Tough to win on the hill, but I think we can do it.

I guess you havent followed JV the last 2 years then or know anything about the level of athlete Murphy has gained from Abling deciding to play. Offense has a lot more talent to step in than you realize, it will be just be done in a different way because the personnel is suited to a different style.
The only Murphy JV game I saw last year was the game against us and I felt like the team was pretty one dimensional, revolving around the QB. He'll have growing pains as a sophomore, but will probably be pretty good after this year. Don't think there was any other kids that would contribute to this year's varsity team at any high level.

Don't think there was any other kids that would contribute to this year's varsity team at any high level.
McCracken was on varsity as a freshman, he waited his turn last year and will have a big impact this year on offense. Same goes for Rathburn and Dorsey on varsity last year, they could have been much bigger contributors on offense elsewhere but had to wait their turn here. Abling will be a big addition at WR and I still hold out faint hope that Crowder or Isra Smith will actually play again, because they are difference making athletes.

Last edited:
Well I think THIS season is OURS. We bring back a solid line that was young last year. We bring back two stud backs. Conference is ours to lose. I wish we had Murphy at home this season. Tough to win on the hill, but I think we can do it.
Teams will load the box and make your five linemen block eight. I think it all henges on who the Robbinsville QB will be.

Lol..teams have done that against Robbinsville for 40 years. We are a running team. EVERYONE knows that.
I’d still like to see some schedule run downs and predictions. Hopefully the Andrews , Cherokee and Hayesville folks can give us a run down . I know it’s early the rosters are changing every day but it’s all for fun. Go Knights

I heard who the QB is. Its who I thought it would be months ago.

Too early to tell for us. We'll know when it gets here. I think the "big three" are doing a fine job in this pre-season pissing contest without the rest of us!
Didn’t intend to hit a nerve. Loosen up a little ole buddy its high school football if you don’t want to play nobody’s gonna be mad at ya. I figured the wildcats would be excited about the 2019 season. I can see you guys going at least 6-5 which would be the start of a pretty good run for the next few years. Carry on.

I’d still like to see some schedule run downs and predictions. Hopefully the Andrews , Cherokee and Hayesville folks can give us a run down . I know it’s early the rosters are changing every day but it’s all for fun. Go Knights

Here's my predictions for Andrews, Cherokee, and Hayesville (for what it's worth):

Andrews 7-4 (3-3)
Hayesville 5-6 (2-4)
Cherokee 3-8 (1-5)

Amended my Cherokee pick. Changed my mind vs Rosman.

Last edited:
Didn’t intend to hit a nerve. Loosen up a little ole buddy its high school football if you don’t want to play nobody’s gonna be mad at ya. I figured the wildcats would be excited about the 2019 season. I can see you guys going at least 6-5 which would be the start of a pretty good run for the next few years. Carry on.

I think alot of their excitement went down hill after what I heard.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Nope. Just no use in speculating when we really don't know yet. This group was very competitive and successful well before what you are speaking of, and should still be. Has nothing to do with excitement. Let's just call it not putting the cart before the ox.
"This group was very competitive and successful before"..
Have I missed something?

Did they both start? I think one is going be a junior not sure of the other one.

If O'Dell actually plays he has the talent to be better than the kids that left. Andrews should be fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
I would like to see what Andrews could do with Scionti and Ellis out there, seems unlikely either play again with both so heavily focused on another sport now, but man the Cats would have some serious speed at the skill spots with those two to go with Holloway and Gillespie.

Reactions: Crimson jacket 1991
2 or 3 wins im thinking.
5 wins would be a good yr for Cherokee.
Anything's possible but thats my take on it.

I dont see them having any chance against Robbinsville, Murphy, Swain, Smoky Mountain, or Polk.

Choctaw, Andrews, Hayesville are games Cherokee could have a chance at winning but I dont see it happening.

I agree with your predictions...I just don't think Polk is that good. I saw them play starmount and wasn't impressed. Most boring game I've ever attended

You saw them in a third round big 1A playoff game and don't think they're that good? They also lost their star RB for the year before conference started, and their top WR passed away before the season started, so it was pretty impressive that they even advanced that far. They have been solid year in and year out under Ollis.

Reactions: MHS-88
The side of the bracket Polk and starmount was on was weak(avoided east Surry and Mt airy). For a 5 and 9 team that couldn't pass the ball at all I wasn't impressed at all. There ball control offense was very boring to watch

I didn't say there achievement wasn't impressive....I said they didn't look all that good to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT