ADVERTISEMENT

SMC final standings 2019

bigoakbuddy

Aug 30, 2018
Hey SMC guys please predict your teams final record for 2019 , post your schedule with either a w or L. I know it’s a little time consuming but we’ve got about 75 days till kickoff. Also include the playoffs. Thanks in advance to those willing to take part. Go Knights

Reactions: BK13T-$
First I will need to see who is on Murphy's roster come August. There are a few different kids that will make a big difference for this year's team if they decide to play or come. But it wouldn't be very smart to factor them into the equation unless/until I see them on the practice field this summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
I'm still wondering if we have 10 or 11 games.
I need to wait un next week.

Swaindad who do you lose to. How far in the playoffs? The rest of you are taking it to serious. Cant accuse you guys of premature e pick u Lation !

Reactions: BK13T-$
I'll play by along for Hayesville. (6-5) and first round loss would make them 6-6 to Andrews

Towns County GA, if they even play. Towns only has 4 returning kids and pulling every kid up to make a team. Might have 14 kids by August. Win

Copper Basin, TN Rumor on Tennessee boards is that Basin is supposed to have a good team this year. So for that purpose and the ultimate unknown about Hayesville. I'm giving Basin the win. Loss

@Tellico Plains,TN Tellico has a new Coach, so equal advantage. But with the excitement that McClure has brought to the program. Going to lean towards Hayesville for the win.

@Lookout Valley, TN I don't know anything about Lookout except they are a 1A inside Chattanooga. I would say close game but Lookout Valley for the win

North Georgia, Hayesville should win this game but we'll see

@Robbinsville, Hayesville always plays Robbinsville hard with less talent. But this year I think they match talent but lack experience. Robbinsville by 14

@Murphy LOL no contest

Andrews- Young Andrews team could be a tough game. At this time I would hope Hayesville could beat this team. Win

Cherokee- Don't know what Cherokee returns but even in Cherokees down years these two teams have had unbelievable games. Win

@Rosman. Hayesville now with a two game win streak and Rosman with there interim coach I believe Hayesville wins this one.

Swain- the steak ends on senior night and Swain wins this on in a close one.

That’s perfect smctalk. Someone from Robbinsville please post our schedule. If I’m going to start this thing I better get on the boards.

Swaindad who do you lose to. How far in the playoffs? The rest of you are taking it to serious. Cant accuse you guys of premature e pick u Lation !

Looking at our schedule I would say the only two teams that will give us a real fight would be Murphy (Home) and Robbinsville (Away). Not to mention Smoky Mountain and Hayesville will be close ball games but I feel we can win those. We have a legit shot at 9-2 or 10-1.

Looking at our schedule I would say the only two teams that will give us a real fight would be Murphy (Home) and Robbinsville (Away). Not to mention Smoky Mountain and Hayesville will be close ball games but I feel we can win those. We have a legit shot at 9-2 or 10-1.
How is Smoky compared to last year?

Someone should posted swains schedule because i can't find it.

Smoky will be good this year
2nd or 3rd in mtn 6

Swain will not beat Smoky ... And it won't be close.

Just confirmed they have a lot returning at Smoky Mountain. I thought they had lost a bunch of linemen and defensive players and QB. Most of the team returns and they have a few transfers that are big and athletic. Overall a very athletic team. I’m being told they are picked to be first in their conference in many years. Smoky is going to be tough. RB is a better wrestler than running back. Not that great of a running back would be third or fourth ranked in the SM Conference. Runs hard.

Times sure have changed, back in my day our roster didn’t change after my 8th grade year lol

One or two players can make a difference for 1a teams. Sad when I hear a player does not have it in him to compete for a position or to help the team win games. It takes a team to win a championship.

Robbinsville 7-3
Will not beat Smoky, Murphy, or Swain.
Could be 6-4
Things change fast. A few weeks ago I was thinking 9-1 ATLEAST.

web1_170626-KCN-Sandbags-1.jpg

Kinda early for that ain't it BK?

Unless plans change I won’t be able to attend any games this year... Now with that being said here are my predictions for the conference anyways...

1. Murphy 9-2 (6-0)
I don’t have any idea of what the Bulldogs bring back at QB but until someone comes along and knocks them off, I have to assume they do enough to snag the conference title.
2. Swain County 7-3 (5-1)
I think the Maroon Devils could possibly be in the position to win their first conference title out right since 2013...
I say as of now though they are still a year away.
3. Robbinsville 7-3 (4-2)
Well with Anderson a senior, this year could be the last shot we have for some time to come to compete for a conference and state title. Like last year I don’t think the team will have the horses around him to help get it done. Either way this year is do or die for the Black Knights.
4. Hayesvillve 8-3 (3-3)
My sleeper pick based on what I’ve been hearing about some of the upcoming talent for this years team. I think with an easy non conf schedule they should be able to run the gauntlet and pick up 5 wins. Loses to the big three.
5. Andrews 6-5 (2-4)
Like Swain I think the Wildcats are still a year away...
6. Rosman 2-9 (1-5)
I think the Tigers new coach does enough to keep them out of the basement...
7. Cherokee 1-7 for now (0-6)
Lost too many players. I would be surprised if they pick up a win in conference play this year.

Reactions: GreyGod623
1. Robbinsville
2. Murphy
3. Swain
4. Andrews
5. Hayesville
6. Rosman
7. Cherokee

1. Swain
2. Murphy
3. Robbinsville
4. Hayesville
5. Andrews
6. Cherokee
7. Rosman

I agree with your top 3 and I think it could go in any order. I can see Hayesville surprising people but I don't see Cherokee getting out of the basement. They lost a ton of kids and got a new HC. Rosman's HC has been there before and he's a proven winner at both Rosman and Brevard. Andrews should beat the bottom three and might challenge any or all of the top three. As usual it will depend on if they can stay healthy because their numbers are always low. I have Swain down at three because they have a brand new OC. If that's not an issue I can see them potentially winning conference. Hayesville has a new coach but I think he will do good and from what I hear they will have several athletes. Usually their problem is their line.

Swain should be better than they were last year with Sain and Lossiah having some big game experience under their belts. I expect some close games between them Murphy and Robbinsville.

Agreed. My only issue is the switch at OC. If that's not an issue or they got an upgrade, then I can definitely see them winning conference.

The o-line is the issue. They have very good backs but couldn't get out of the backfield last year. Murphy's on-line should be better, I don't see Swain winning.

The o-line is the issue. They have very good backs but couldn't get out of the backfield last year. Murphy's on-line should be better, I don't see Swain winning.

The game of football is won in the trenches, but if there's an offense that can produce without a dominate line it's veer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT