ADVERTISEMENT

SMC final standings 2019

did there star rb that got hurt graduate or will he be back this year?

The last 21 seasons Cherokee has only had 2 good runs. 05 through 08 and 2016 through 18.
Thats 8 winning seasons out of 21. In that time frame Cherokee has had 11 seasons with 4 or less wins. Thats over 50 percent of the time. You've been watching 1 on Cherokees best runs in school history the last 3 years. I think it will be 6 or 7 more years before Cherokee has another decent run. They are a very small school.
They average 5 wins a season in last 21 years. They have a good coach that might help, hope so.

Don’t sleep on Polk I think last years momentum will be huge for this year ... I fully expect to have a blow after listening to y’all in the first game

Anyone know what Enka brings this season. I have to admit I don’t know much about them.....

I dont see them having any chance against Robbinsville, Murphy, Swain, Smoky Mountain, or Polk.

Choctaw, Andrews, Hayesville are games Cherokee could have a chance at winning but I dont see it happening.

Don't think they've got any shot at beating either Hayesville or Andrews. But like they say that's why they play the games...

Don't think they've got any shot at beating either Hayesville or Andrews. But like they say that's why they play the games...
I like the buzz around Hayesville and Andrews. The schedules for them set up well for some wins and early confidence going into conference.

Reactions: CherokeeKid
The last 21 seasons Cherokee has only had 2 good runs. 05 through 08 and 2016 through 18.
Thats 8 winning seasons out of 21. In that time frame Cherokee has had 11 seasons with 4 or less wins. Thats over 50 percent of the time. You've been watching 1 on Cherokees best runs in school history the last 3 years. I think it will be 6 or 7 more years before Cherokee has another decent run. They are a very small school.
They average 5 wins a season in last 21 years. They have a good coach that might help, hope so.

They had good teams 01 and 02, just didn't hit their stride until the playoffs those years for whatever reason. They were around .500 regular season both years, then made fourth round and third round in back to back years. If you add those two years in and it's fair to say they've had good teams about half the time over the last two decades--which a lot of schools can't say. But you do make a good point about 11 seasons of 4 wins or less--Cherokee never seems to field a team that is middle of the road.

While they're a very small school, they have the athletes to be consistently good, there are just years where the talent isn't fully realized. A few years before Briggs got there they finished 5th in the SMC and got bounced in the first round with a running back who was 4A Mr. Football in Tennessee the next year. I think this year will be a tough transition year losing a coach and a star player, but with the athletes and resources that are there, it wouldn't surprise me if they bounce back sooner rather than later.

I like the buzz around Hayesville and Andrews. The schedules for them set up well for some wins and early confidence going into conference.

Andrews and Hayesville have the most forgiving non-conference schedules of the SMC imo. You are right it should help both teams out. As crazy as it might sound, Andrews could go into their game with Murphy week 5 with the better record.

Reactions: SitOut
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT