ADVERTISEMENT

SMC final standings 2019

Agreed. My only issue is the switch at OC. If that's not an issue or they got an upgrade, then I can definitely see them winning conference.
My gosh it cant be any worse than last year..They ran the same play ALL night for 1 yard gains..And would run same play when it was as 3 and 15

The o-line is the issue. They have very good backs but couldn't get out of the backfield last year. Murphy's on-line should be better, I don't see Swain winning.
I will stick to my guns and say the same thing I said last year. Five guys can’t block nine. Teams would load the box and we needed to throw the ball more and mix things up more offensively. Use players for their strengths and keep defenses honest. The three teams we played with excellent defenses shut us down. I think it will be different this season. Our QB is more experienced and I have the feeling that we will be able to throw more with more athletic talent at WR. More balance. Imagine how well we are going to be able to run the ball this season if teams have to honor the pass. If we run outside more and not just up the middle. If our line only has to block six that will not be an issue. Entire line is going to have seniors and they will be the biggest line in conference. When was the last time Murphy won at Swain?

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Swaindad40, any news on friend benjis son Isaiah?

Please pray for him and his family. I helped coach him and he is a tough kid. If anyone can handle this it would be him. The entire community and Swain will be behind him no matter what. We love this kid! I don’t want to go into medical details but it is potentially a terrible medical issue. Everyone is still thinking positive!!!

My gosh it cant be any worse than last year..They ran the same play ALL night for 1 yard gains..And would run same play when it was as 3 and 15

Lol. Well with the veer just about every play looks the same and everybody's wondering why nobody even touched the running back on the dive haha.

Reactions: Swaindad40
I will stick to my guns and say the same thing I said last year. Five guys can’t block nine. Teams would load the box and we needed to throw the ball more and mix things up more offensively. Use players for their strengths and keep defenses honest. The three teams we played with excellent defenses shut us down. I think it will be different this season. Our QB is more experienced and I have the feeling that we will be able to throw more with more athletic talent at WR. More balance. Imagine how well we are going to be able to run the ball this season if teams have to honor the pass. If we run outside more and not just up the middle. If our line only has to block six that will not be an issue. Entire line is going to have seniors and they will be the biggest line in conference. When was the last time Murphy won at Swain?

Wrong QB 4 passing

We’ve sort of “veered “ off topic , would love to get schedule and some predictions from the Rosman fans, Andrews fans should be excited as well. If someone in the know will post a Robbinsville schedule I’ll throw In my 2 cents. Thanks in advance . Go Knights!!!!

Reactions: SMCtalk
Andrews
At Trinity Academy
Vs Carolina Gladiators
Open
At North GA
Vs Rabun Gap
Vs Murphy
At Swain
Vs Cherokee
Vs copper Basin
Ar RVille
Vs Rosman

Cherokee
At polk co
at Choctaw
Vs Smoky Mountain
Vs Asheville Gladiators
Vs Trinity Academy
At swain
Vs Rosman
At Andrews
Vs RVille
At hville
Vs Murphy
Open

Hayesville
At towns county
Vs copper Basin
At telico plains
At Lookout valley
Vs north ga
Open
At RVille
At Murphy
Vs Andrews
Vs Cherokee
At Rosman
Vs Swain

Murphy
Vs Pisgah
At Franklin
at Georgia force
Vs Christ school
Vs life Christian Academy
At Andrews
Open
Vs Hayesville
At swain
Vs Rosman
At Cherokee
Vs Robbinsville

Robbinsville
At Smoky Mountain
At life Christian Academy
Open
Vs Rabun Gap
Vs Georgia force
At Rosman
Vs Hayesville
Open
At Cherokee
Vs Swain
Vs Andrews
At Murphy

Rosman
Vs Enka
At Brevard
At Madison
At Smoky Mountain
Vs Chase
Vs Robbinsville
At Cherokee
Vs Swain
Open
At Murphy
Vs Hayesville
At Andrews

Swain
Life Christian Academy
Vs Smoky Mountain
At Enka
At Franklin
Open
Vs Cherokee
Vs Andrews
At Rosman
Vs Murphy
At Robbinsville
Gladiator sports Academy
At Hayesville

I think my Knights will finish the regular season 8-2 losing to Smoky and Murphy. We will end the 2019 season 10-3 losing in the 3rd round to either Murphy or Mitchell. Just for fun and all my thinking is based on history. Go Knights

I could see us losing 4 worst case scenario.

I would say 2 but we might beat SM.

I'm going wait until I see who our QB will be.
The kid that is from Robbinsville but has been living in union county ga but now came back played QB for union. I think it was at the middle scool level. Right now I'd say we have 5 or 6 options at QB. As of now the Day kid or Lane kid would be my guess. Day looks to be 6ft or over.

Last edited:
I could see us losing 4 worst case scenario.

I would say 2 but we might beat SM.

I'm going wait until I see who our QB will be.
The kid that is from Robbinsville but has been living in union county ga but now came back played QB for union. I think it was at the middle scool level. Right now I'd say we have 5 or 6 options at QB. As of now the Day kid or Lane kid would be my guess. Day looks to be 6ft or over.

Wait, Union is a charter school. So you are saying Robbinsville has been stashing students at a CHARTER school? What will the people from Murphy, Mic and Tarboro say? Lmao.

Union county panthers is a charter?
I think its a public but you could be right. Either way he's a Robbinsville boy that is coming home, like most our transfers.

Last edited:
1. Murphy
2. Swain
3. Robbinsville
4. Hayesville
5. Andrews
6. Rosman
7. Cherokee

Here is the way I am leaning right now. Lots of talk with the Murphy and Robbinsville rosters so who knows really until August.

Im now think.
Murphy
Robbinsville
Swain
H/A
A/H
Rosman
Cherokee

We’ve sort of “veered “ off topic , would love to get schedule and some predictions from the Rosman fans, Andrews fans should be excited as well. If someone in the know will post a Robbinsville schedule I’ll throw In my 2 cents. Thanks in advance . Go Knights!!!!
I don't expect much from my Tiger's. Was told today we lost a big time athlete to transfer. I wish that kid nothing but the best, and hope he can dominate at his new school at Easley. Good luck in your future endeavors. I think it will be us and cherokee battling for last place, but I hope I am wrong.

It's beginning to look like for the first time in quite a while Murphy will be real thin in the backfield. They will have a great line to run/throw behind but the starting backs must stay healthy or things could get rough.

That will be or already is the new reality in football for most 1A and a good portion of 2A schools (i.e. a serious lack of depth) because most kids just dont want to put in the time or work to play nowadays. 1A schools dont have a lot of depth to begin with but it will be even more exacerbated now and moving forward.

FTR there was definitely a way that Murphy could've had a deep backfield again this year but the Vining's obviously headed back to Georgia (Gavin Vining was a solid back and would have been good depth as a 10th grader this year) and there was a potential in conference transfer, along with an out of state transfer, that didnt happen or at the very least are extremely doubtful to happen at this point. That in addition to 1-2 backs already walking the halls at Murphy that would be real contributors but can't be bothered to play anymore apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Bad news for hayesville fans... murphy has an open week before the week before hayesville. Total domination that night on the hill.

That will be or already is the new reality in football for most 1A and a good portion of 2A schools (i.e. a serious lack of depth) because most kids just dont want to put in the time or work to play nowadays. 1A schools dont have a lot of depth to begin with but it will be even more exacerbated now and moving forward.

FTR there was definitely a way that Murphy could've had a deep backfield again this year but the Vining's obviously headed back to Georgia (Gavin Vining was a solid back and would have been good depth as a 10th grader this year) and there was a potential in conference transfer, along with an out of state transfer, that didnt happen or at the very least are extremely doubtful to happen at this point. That in addition to 1-2 backs already walking the halls at Murphy that would be real contributors but can't be bothered to play anymore apparently.
You wouldn’t sand bag a little would you. I wouldn’t worry about it to much , you guys always seem to dress 40 kids and a line that good will turn a 2nd or 3rd stringer into a 1000 yrd rusher. Will the young lady that kicked PAT’s still be playing?

Bad news for hayesville fans... murphy has an open week before the week before hayesville. Total domination that night on the hill.

For the last 20 years everyone in the conference had an open date before they played Hayesville unless it was the conference opener or they scheduled a non conference game.

Show me proof union is a charter. Not saying it isnt but it really doesn't matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT