ADVERTISEMENT

Slash's All Conference Thread (MVAC/NW/WPAC)

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Allrighty here I go.. I'm doing WPAC first and going thru MVAC second. I just wanna ask to the mods that you all please don't move this thread at first.. I'll post them in 2A when I have the MVAC done I'm gonna do a megathread there too. I just wanna start here first as this is the main thread.

Anyways I got all the stats for every team fully except West, Atkins, and Central. West I pieced the offensive stats the best I could from the newspaper articles but I had no time for the defense so their kids got a spot by their reps. Central's the only team with no pure stats so no kids will make it. I feel awful but I can't help what's not on the place!

Anyways this is based off my memory and their numbers as that never lies. Doing one for both sides of the ball as well as horrible mentions and there will be special awards at the end. Anyways here I go!

OFFENSE:

QB’s:

Swartz N Surry 189/310 3,369 33 TD's, 8 Picks

78 Carries, 513 Yards 7 TD's

No brainer here.. Swartz had a career year like I figured he would after last year. That injury after the East Surry game was the catalyst he needed to go off and play his heart out as he realised that time was of the essence. And did he.. Minus the 2nd half of Elkin,East Surry, and West Stokes he played great ball.. Especially the final 3 games as he let out a lot of anger those games. He found his running legs this year and ran it a lot.. He ate Alleghany up as their D left a lot of space and he had good nights vs Walkertown and North Forsyth too, we beat Walkertown due to his legs. If that stinger hadn’t happened vs West and the BS down at Maiden hadn’t happened he woulda got 40 TD’s. My heart breaks for him, he was cheated out of a great accomplishment by fate.

Still had the pleasure of watching and influencing an all time great for us.. Doesn’t happen much.

Conrad West Stokes 91/139 1,770 Yards 19 TD's, 4 Picks

40 Carries, 256 Yards 3 TD's *

*- means incomplete stats

The fact I’d have this kid in the 2nd spot is a total surprise because he wasn’t that great in the summer when I seen him.. Shows a lot to his talent. It also shows how well their system was.. Plug any kid into that spot they would do good but he managed to make a lot of headway in it himself. Kid’s a solid RB or WR for another team due to his legs but managed to find an arm. He made Parsons, Brown, and Elliott look good. Not easy to do but alas he did it. He’s a great option QB who’s turned into a respectable pocket passer.

Honorable Mentions:

Lounds Forbush 43/74 763 Yards 7 TD's, 6 Picks

47 Carries, 100 Yards

The fact that a defensive end of all people managed to become a respectable QB is typical Forbush luck but it happened.. Once Martin got hurt during the Starmount game they had to go to him as no one else had experience. He could throw the mile at our 7 on 7 but I didn’t think he would be decent but he ran the offense well. He had a lot of help from the talent around him.. Put him on the teams they had 3-4 years ago he wouldn’t do as well. Tough kid he is.

Simms Carver 98/186 1,273 Yards 6 TD's, 13 Picks

93 Carries, 398 Yards 4 TD's

After Lounds there was no one really deserving of a 2nd spot.. Conrad at Walkertown did solid but he was more of an athlete than a QB. NF’s QB was awful, Atkins’s QB was good but no stats so I had to go with this kid. Sims was the most presentable of the bunch due to his numbers but look at those picks.. In the words of Ernest P Worrell….EWWWWWWWW. The kid can throw it well but he just has no coaching in the fine details.. If he was at say Glenn or somewhere I see him being a respectable QB.

RB’s:

Brown Walkertown 80 Carries, 823 Yards 7 TD's

3 Catches, 30 Yards

Never in all my days would I thought I’d say a freshman would outgain Brown from West Stokes from the available stats I found but alas I’m stumped. This kid has so much potential.. If he stays at Walkertown it will be hell for the WPAC in another 2 or so years, if not then we all can catch a break. This kid runs the wing T really damn well, he runs those fakes like they are nothing. We had WT stopped them he runs a razzle dazzle 40 or so yards and gives them the lead. He has that kind of speed.. He’s just tiny. He’s smaller than our back is.. He’s got to get big to handle varsity. Again I hope he goes to a bigger school because he has 4A talent and can get a scholarship better there.

Brown W Stokes 686 Yards Rushing, 8 TD's

3 Catches, 190 Yards 2 TD's

Again a down year for Chris Brown but that is to be expected when your offense has 3 dynamic backs in it, someone had to turnout down and it’s him. Bummer. But he had a solid year none the less.. Played great on both sides and ran hard. So glad we don’t have to play him anymore! LOL.

Honorable Mentions:

Brown N Surry 126 Carries, 610 Yards 5 TD's

20 Catches, 209 Yards

At the start of the year people asked me if there would be a breakout RB in our area and I pointed to our RB Anthony Brown. While his year started out rough it ended way much better like it did for him on JV last year.. He really improved a lot as the year went along. He played great vs Elkin and Walkertown and had a great game vs Carver.. Kid has a lot of potential for us in the next 2 years. He could work just as well at WR. He just badly needs the weight room as he needs to grow in size so he can handle the beatings well. He’s a tough kid in spirit just get his body there.

Bennett Forbush 111 Carries, 765 Yards 4 TD's

1 Catch, 10 Yards

If this kid hadn’t injured the dickens out of his leg in the 1st quarter here I see him getting 1,000 yards and being the #1 back.. This kid is a load to bring down. Without him Bush wouldn’t be as half as good, thankfully we just got 2 more years of this kid.

WR:

Badgett 60 Catches, 1,064 Yards 9 TD's

Badgett had a great year this year and finally crossed the 1,000 barrier.. He did it on 8 full games too. Elkin felt the need to dive at his foot and he was ineffective for a game and a half, but he came back after the break renewed and had a great 7 game stand to end the season before going off on Maiden for their sins. He did all these numbers while being covered by each team’s best defenders.. Impressive to say the least. If he had more #’s on defense I woulda put him in an athelete spot but he deserves the #1 WR spot. I’ll miss this madman next year.

Hawks 47 Catches, 1,054 Yards 9 TD's

Hawks came out of nowhere to be our dual threat WR.. he was the JV QB last year who lead the team to split the JV title but got moved over this year. We didn’t know what to expect but he went off on Salisbury at our first scrimmage and had an 80 yard TD catch to end the scrimmage.. We knew he would be special. Then came the MA game which was his coming out party. He stayed neck and neck with Badgett then on which made the season fun. Best part about Hawks is he still has another year.. He will be even more explosive next year. Question is in which spot? Wait and see.

Hurst N Forsyth 41 Catches, 735 Yards 5 TD's

Needless to say I was quite surprised to put a North Forsyth player on the offensive side because let’s face it.. their offense was awful this year but this kid was special and it’s a bummer he spent it at NF he had the talent to start at Prep, Walkertown, Glenn, or anywhere else but NF was very lucky to have this kid. He gave me worries all night, thankfully we shut him down but he coulda been a pain if they had a competent offense. Losing Juwan Lyons to Prep was the best thing that ever happened to this kid because it allowed him get more attention, sadly he had no QB to throw it to him.

Put this kid on a better team I see him being a all star but he deserved this spot so I put him there.

Parsons West Stokes 22 Catches, 506 Yards 10 TD's*

Again I didn’t have much stats from West but still not a bad total at all for the regular season for this kid. This isn’t including the game he played RB or QB, plus he defensive totals. Needless to say this kid is what the hype says he is, without him West wouldn’t be as good as they are and they will suffer quite a bit without him next year. It’s a shame he isn’t getting looks he has the talent to do things.

Athletes:

Woods N Surry 39 Catches, 736 Yards 8 TD's

2 Picks on Defense, one for TD

Woods gets the athlete spot due to his efforts on defense as he had 2 picks to add to his offensive totals, one was for a TD vs Carver. Kid has grown a ton since last year where he had to earn his stripes in a crowded WR core to this year when he got us out of a pickle quite a bit. I expect a lot out of him next year.. I see him doing big things for us.

Martin Forbush 12 Catches, 368 Yards 6 TD's

20 Carries, 55 Yards

This kid had his coming out party this year as he had some balls thrown his way finally, however ultimately this kid is still being wasted by the Bush. He got some reps at RB in our game and was doing well but he got thrown out after a fight and that was that.. If he had stayed even kiltered he coulda been a pain to us. The fact he wasn’t used at RB after his return was a dumb move imo.. The kid’s got great speed he could be a great back for a school that needs him.. Put him at East Wilkes or North Wilkes and he’d be great there.

Blackburn Carver 93 Carries, 398 Yards 4 TD's

10 Catches, 34 Yards

This kid had a disappointing end to the year but started off solid.. Blame the coaches for that as they changed from the Wing to a random passing offense. If that hadn’t happened I see this kid getting 1,000 yards easily. This kid like the Walkertown kid has a lot of talent, he’s just being wasted at Carver. They aren’t using him well there, if he goes to Prep or a 3/4A with better coaching I see him doing a lot better.

Torres Atkins Wouldn’t have felt right if I didn’t include this kid stats or no stats he’s a hell of a runner. He always gave us fits every year we played him, hands down Atkins’s best player in the years we have played them. He wasn’t much of a QB but he’s a great athlete and I hope he gets a scholarship somewhere.

Greer Walkertown 17 Carries, 462 Yards 7 TD's

Not bad for a one year wonder, he grew to be a solid WR. He scored a TD on us by us not defending him he’s a very smart route runner. If he had played in 2018 he coulda been more of a force.

DEFENSE:

D Line:

Howard N Forsyth DT 83 Total Tackles, 18.5 Sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles

This guy has always been a pain to deal with.. So glad he’s gone lol. This guy was special at Atkins on JV.. they had to put him at FB and run him down our throats in 2016 just to move the ball . He went to North Forsyth which didn’t really make much sense to me but he managed to have 2 solid years there despite the lack of talent around him. He was chubby last year and slow but he lost that weight and became more of a specimen at the NG spot. He hit us hard in the 2nd half, if NF didn’t have him this year their D wouldn’t have been half as good. 18.5 sacks in high school.. Dang. Hope he gets a scholarship somewhere or else that’s a waste of talent.

Ramey Forbush DE 75 Total Tackles, 10 Sacks, 3 Recovered Fumbles

This kid is a quietly underrated D lineman.. #66 for all the wrong reasons gets all the hype for that class but this kid’s always been the better D lineman of that group. He’s a great player with a great motor.. He helps make Bush’s D that more stubborn. I expect him to be even more solid next year.

Wilborn Carver DE 70 Total Tackles, 7 Sacks,4 Deflected passes, 2 Recovered Fumbles

This kid is HUGE: 6 foot 4 but looks much taller. He didn’t impress me when we played them.. I thought he was really lazy and didn’t wanna play but looking at his films he looked like the stats indicated. Much like the other Carver players if he was on a better team he’d been a better player but he wasn’t bad for a one year wonder.

Mickey West Stokes DT

Both of West’s best D guys had no stats for me to find nor do I have time to add it up but they got included anyways. This kid was a pain to deal with this year and I’m glad he’s gone. Much like the Forbush guy he had a great motor to him and that’s always a thing with these West lineman.

Linebacker:

Elliot West Stokes

This kid is a machine he is all over the place making tackles left and right. He’s like a terminator and is very annoying to deal with. Without him their D wouldn’t be as solid.

Taylor N Surry 110 Total Tackles (10 for loss,) 4 Sackes/5 Hurries, 3 Deflected Passes

For a sophomore with no experience and undersized Taylor stepped up and played hard despite no experience. He made a lot of plays on JV including the catch that won the JV title for us so I knew he would be good and he developed into quite a serviceable LB for his age.. Can’t wait to see what he does for us next year with a year in the weight room and a year on varsity.

Monettte Walkertown 98 Total Tackles (4 for Loss,) 5 Sacks/2 Hurries, 2 Recovered Fumbles, 1 Pick

Monette’s a solid yet unhyped linebacker.. Hence his spot here.

Ross N Surry 75 Total Tackles (16 for Loss,) 2 Sacks/4 Hurries, 2 Picks, 2 Deflected passes, 1 Blocked Kick

Ross had quite a solid year despite battling injuries and having to play both sides as he was our starting RT. He was moved to the more outside of our backers but managed to be solid in the spot despite that. He had 2 sacks and 2 huge picks, but he mostly worked as the leader of the D and kept the youngins in line. I’ll miss him.. He’s a good kid.

Honorable Mentions:

Mont N Surry 79 Total Tackles (11 for Loss,) 3 Sacks/7 Hurries, 1 Recovered fumble, 1 deflected pass, 1 forced fumble

Cagna Forbush 69 Total Tackles (8 for Loss,) 5 Sacks, 2 Recovered Fumbles, 3 Caused Fumbles, 1 Pick

Kurian Forbush 63 Total Tackles (5 for loss,) 2 Recovered fumbles

DB’s:

Conrad Walkertown 46 Total Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 Picks, 2 Forced Fumbles, Blocked Punt

Mcmahan Walkertown 45 Total Tackles (4 for Loss,) 1 Pick, 5 Deflected Passes

Parsons W Stokes No Stats Available minus a few picks, played great in film so got a spot.

Frazier N Forsyth 38 Total Tackles (7 for loss,) 1 Sack, 1 Forced Fumble

Offensive Player of the Year: Chase Swartz, QB North Surry

Again a no brainer.. shoulda had 4,000 yards but fate wouldn't allow it. Oh well great year regardless.

Defensive Player of the Year: Palmer Elliott, LB West Stokes

Kid’s a tackling machine and very smart he is everyone on the field you’d want a LB’er.

Athlete of the Year: Kelin Parsons, West Stokes

Too dominating of an athlete to not get this.. Even if Walkertown’s QB had a great year as well.

Coach of the Year: Jimmy UpChurch, West Stokes

Did a great job with the kids this year.. harder job than last year. There were several ones I coulda picked, West just had the most reason to pick here.

Players by Team:

North Surry: 6

West Stokes: 5

Walkertown: 5

Forbush: 2

North Forsyth: 3

Carver: 2

Atkins: 1

North gets the most kids minus the Honorable Mentions, but West and Walkertown are hanging tough at 5. North Forsyth had 3 despite such a killer defense only a few stood out, great team defense there in Winston. Carver managed to get 2, Forbush only had 2 due to no real standouts. Wish SC had put their stats up I feel awful for not including them but I just couldn’t find anything. They had no real standouts unlike Atkins with their QB being good enough for the athlete spot.

Well that's it for now.. gonna try to do MVAC next but I know for sure 1 team has no stats available so it's gonna take time to find them if I can. NW may be easier.. it'll just be whichever conference is more easier to get info from.

I have no idea about any of these players, but great job just putting the time in to come up with this.

Look forward to the rest.

as for your post season awards you got one right (from what I’ve heard)...some surprises await when it comes out

I appreciate your time and effort in putting this together slash! But what you're telling me is North Surry has more players that are better than West Stokes, but yet they beat the Greyhounds 53-9... I'm not sure if that makes a whole lot of sense to me...

And conference awards are based on Conference stats, not overall stats.

I will say this, I'm very disappointed in a certain head coach that voted for another player, so that his player could win one of the conference awards instead of doing the right thing... He talks about integrity and doing the right thing, but I lost some respect for him after this...

Last edited:
I appreciate your time and effort in putting this together slash! But what you're telling me is North Surry has more players that are better than West Stokes, but yet they beat the Greyhounds 53-9... I'm not sure if that makes a whole lot of sense to me...

And conference awards are based on Conference stats, not overall stats.

I will say this, I'm very disappointed in a certain head coach that voted for another player, so that his player could win one of the conference awards instead of doing the right thing... He talks about integrity and doing the right thing, but I lost some respect for him after this...

I didn't mean any slight to yall I just had limited stuff to work with so I did the best I could.. I know you got your hands full with the paper so you can't do what you used to(you do great there btw,) heck I had to juggle a ton of work myself this year. If it wasn't for your articles I wouldn't have had anything from West.

To be fair our main guy was banged up.. yall still woulda won but it woulda been a different ballgame ;) We had a crap 2nd half but it was our fault. It was the best thing for the kids it made them play harder to end the year.

I easily coulda had the linebacker core be several from us and you guys, but trying to be fair I put that Walkertown kid in. He had good numbers so it wasn't totally useless but it easily coulda been a tie. But I couldn't ignore the kid's stats.. This is my first attempt at this so it won't be as good as the ones I'll do next year, learn as I go.

Sounds like the real deal's gonna be a doozy when it comes out. Good luck on Friday!

Last edited:
Reactions: packerep1
I have no idea about any of these players, but great job just putting the time in to come up with this.

Look forward to the rest.

Most of this comes from memory of the games but a lot I just had to take a blind jump and go with the #'s.. that Carver DE didn't deserve to get in by his play when we played him but the #'s don't lie.

MVAC's gonna be fun if I can find every schools info.. not having SC's hurt this one. Elkin has hardly anything on Max Preps so I just their paper does a decent job with stats.

Last edited:
Slash, here are a few stats for you:
Offense
Amon Conrad - 161-for-253 (64%) 2,856 yards, 30 touchdowns, and 8 INT's. 116 carries 661 yards (5.7 avg.) 7 TD's.
Kelin Parsons - 8-for-13 passing with 90 yards, 0 TD's; rushing 47 carries/397 yards (8.4 avg.), and 7 TD's; 48 catches for 1,171 yards (24.4 avg.) with 18 TD's.
Chris Brown - 119 carries/845 yards (7.1 avg.) with 12 TD's; 23 catches/563 yards (22.5 avg) with 3 TD's.
The team has three other players with at least 20 catches (Brighton Berthrong, Cortlen Dutton, & Palmer Elliott). That's 5 players with 20 catches or more...

Defense
Devin Stanley (LB) - 114 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 3 fum. rec., & an INT.
Palmer Elliott (LB) - 111 tackles, 15 TFL, 2 sacks, 3 INT's, & a touchdown.
Luke Mickey (DE) - 110 tackles, 32 TFL, & 16 sacks.
Kelin Parsons (DB) - 87 tackles, 8 TFL, 5 PD, fum rec., 3 INT's, & a safety.
Chris Brown (DB) - 47 tackles, 1 TFL, 8 PD, fum rec., 2 INT's, & a touchdown.
Amon Conrad (OLB) - 55 tackles, 16 TFL, 2 PD, 2 sacks, 3 fum. rec., 3 INT's, & 2 TD's.
The defense is holding opponents to 11-for-29 (38%) in the red zone and have 4 shutouts with 12.1 per game. Right now this defense is better statically than our 2011 team.

Special Teams
Kelin Parsons - 9 kickoff returns for 402 yards and 3 TD's. He scores 1/3 of the time he touches the ball (teams won't kick it to him for obvious reasons).
Palmer Elliott - averaging 35.3 yards per punt.
The kicking (kickoff/punts) game has produced 6 touchdowns this year, the most in school history.

I have more if you need it. Shoot me an email address and I will send it to you.

Talk too you later!

Slash you seem like a good guy. I think I would lay off that boonesfarm buddy. I know Parsons was having a great year but Conrad might be my pick for MVP

Last edited:
Hate that because the OL has no stats that they are left off your list. They are the reason the other offensive guys you listed have the stats you quoted. Oh well, as usual, the OL is always an after thought.

I do too.. I was a lineman in my day too so to have to skip it sucks but I can only do what I can with the stats I have.

If you have to blame anyone blame the schools for not making the line's stats available. Shoot them, not the messenger! ;)

Slash you seem like a good guy. I think I would lay off that boonesfarm buddy. I know Parsons was having a great year but Conrad might be my pick for MVP

I don't drink lol.. never have or will. Nasty habit.

Believe me it was a hard pick.. I just find Turtle the better player and athlete. Conrad's not bad at all (if you put him on another team he'd have killer numbers,) but I was just more impressed by Parsons when I seen them. I'll give Conrad credit he turned it around and become a decent QB for just a 1 year-er. Never thought I'd see it but he did.

I don't drink lol.. never have or will. Nasty habit.

Believe me it was a hard pick.. I just find Turtle the better player and athlete. Conrad's not bad at all (if you put him on another team he'd have killer numbers,) but I was just more impressed by Parsons when I seen them. I'll give Conrad credit he turned it around and become a decent QB for just a 1 year-er. Never thought I'd see it but he did.
I was just messing with you. Thanks for putting in the time for all conference. I think I heard someone say Parsons is in on nine school records. He had a good career at West

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT