ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs RH South Pointe

Final thoughts:

South Pointe had more playmakers....Gilmore was heck of an athlete...5 catches nearly 190 and three tds....

We held Kendrick to 10 or 11 yards rushing, however he had a bunch passing after those three or four long passes, three for touchdowns.....19-23 262 and those 3 tds...

Brooks had 111 yards rushing....for Shelby

We drove down around their 35 four times only to be stopped by their amazing defense....

As I said earlier sometimes you get beat by a better team, and South Pointe was a better team.... Proud of our fight throughout though....we gonna be tough to handle rest of the way...

I thought we went toe to toe with them. Good offensive game plan by our coaches, we just needed a few big plays that we couldn't get. They got those plays and won. Good game, they are a good team.

Dirtybird88 that's a good loss for Shelby good luck the rest of the way hope my northeastern eagles can get a shot at y'all one day but a lot 2a of teams would not have played them but y'all did

We were a little over 800 they are I think 2500 or so....That don't matter though..... We have NUMEROUS out for football every year..

1st down for South Pointe: 2 yard gain by their RB
2nd down: Right side run by Irvin 1st down

1st down: 9:39 left..... Own 31.... Back to pass Kendrick..... Incomplete ... He has a cannon for an arm
2nd down: Kendrick keeper maybe a yard, stopped by Hollifield
3rd and 10: Kendrick to pass....... Complete to sideline....First down

1st down: 8:41 left in the 4th...... Pass to ross couple yards..
2nd down: Kendrick back to pass.....Bomb fumbled into endzone, South Pointe recovered in endzone for a TD 59 yards...to Gilmore..again
Going for two: No good intercepted in endzone
South Pointe 25-0......
South Pointe has 1300 students

13-0 @half. 156- 132 total yrds in 1st half
Shelby played bout as tough as u can, then short field and big pass plays killed Shelby.
But no-7 team still lowest output all year, proud of my boys

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
@Stallionfromthepointe Congrats, my dude. Derion was impressive as a passer, so much so he could easily play the position on the FBS level. Eli Adams was phenomenal, he's fast and has a relentless motor. Gilmore was impressive, many athletes I could give compliments on, and one heck of a venue, too, great stadium and parking. I enjoyed myself tonight.

Last edited:
ADMs certainly do matter. The 5 card stud example works perfectly.
4A gets 15 cards
3A gets 10 cards
2A gets 7 cards
1A gets 5 cards.

Who is gonna be able to make the best 5 card hand 95+% of the time?

I'm proud as hell of our boys.
Held SP to 76 yards rushing, we had 121. SPe was averaging 270 yards rushing a game. 1,088 over 4 games.
They passed for 268, we passed for only 98.
We had the ball for 30:00 minutes, they had the ball for 18:00. Great game plan.
We had the ball inside the 35 4 times and couldn't produce any points.
We only gave up 8 more points than MC did last year and scored 6 less than they did last year.
SPe was averaging 43 points a game....even got 33 on national powerhouse Buford last week...and tiny 2A Shelby holds them to their lowest point total of the year.
We gave up a TD a quarter to a team ranked #7 in the country. We are a tiny 2A school.
13 to 0 midway through the third quarter. 4th down and our WR wide open standing on the 15 drops a pass.....just flat dropped it. He catches that and we go in and score and its 13-7 going into the 4th. Instead SPe gets the ball and throws a 70 yard TD bomb on the next play. 3 TDs for SPe came on about 50 yard pass plays. Another on a 25 yard run after a 50 yard pass. Take away the big plays and it was an even game.

You say little boys can't play with big schools? You're crazy as hell. Anyone at that game would tell you otherwise. If we had our 2015 offense with this year's defense we win tonight.

But we lost. I'll take it. Longest winning streak in the state comes to an end. It takes a 4A #7 team in the country to end it. #driveforfive continues in two weeks.

"The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have" - VinceLombardi

This was a fun week!!

Held SP to 76 yards rushing, we had 121. SPe was averaging 270 yards rushing a game. 1,088 over 4 games.
We had the ball for 30:00 minutes, they had the ball for 18:00. Great game plan.
We only gave up 8 more points than MC did last year and scored 6 less than they did last year.
SPe was averaging 43 points a game....even got 33 on national powerhouse Buford last week...and tiny 2A Shelby holds them to their lowest point total of the year.
We gave up a TD a quarter to a team ranked #7 in the country. We are a tiny 2A school.
13 to 0 midway through the third quarter. 4th down and our WR wide open standing on the 15 drops a pass.....just flat dropped it. He catches that and we go in and score and its 13-7 going into the 4th. Instead SPe gets the ball and throws a 70 yard TD bomb on the next play. 3 TDs for SPe came on about 50 yard pass plays. Another on a 25 yard run after a 50 yard pass. Take away the big plays and it was an even game.

You say little boys can't play with big schools? You're crazy as hell. Anyone at that game would tell you otherwise. If we had our 2015 offense with this year's defense we win tonight.

But we lost. I'll take it. Longest winning streak in the state comes to an end. It takes a 4A #7 team in the country to end it. #driveforfive continues in two weeks.

This was a fun week!!
Does all this mean that KM is possible a pretty good team?

Reactions: 72 State Champion
What a great effort by the Golden Lions last night.A chance to make it 13 to 7 to going to the fourth qt but just didn't work out.I truly believe the teams from 15 and 16 probably win this game.Congrats to South Pointe High School for hosting this great game and good luck the rest of the way.Also what a great crowd last night and big time atmosphere.Perfect week for a bye and then on to Chase.

Shelby should schedule SP every year, we would win the best 4 out 5 in 5 year series

Some of you guys are truly delusional. It is amazing to me that after losing 25-0 you would post nonsense like this. There is simply no evidence to support your theory. You didnt score a point last night. Your JV also got beat and yet somehow you think you win the next 4 straight.......LMAO.

The arrogance is simply off the charts.

This was a fun week!!

You win , you lose. You dont get 1 1/2 wins for having less kids and you dont just get 1/2 loss for being tiny. Shelby is a great program...they dont need the asterik. It cheapens everything you accomplish. If we had this, if we had that......embarassing.

If you cant win with what you have then tell Ware at the next supper club thing to stop scheduling those schools and stick with the same old deal.

He challenged his kids and his coaching staff and he took an L. Now....man up and stop with the " If " stuff. Go win #5

You win , you lose. You dont get 1 1/2 wins for having less kids and you dont just get 1/2 loss for being tiny. Shelby is a great program...they dont need the asterik. It cheapens everything you accomplish. If we had this, if we had that......embarassing.

If you cant win with what you have then tell Ware at the next supper club thing to stop scheduling those schools and stick with the same old deal.

He challenged his kids and his coaching staff and he took an L. Now....man up and stop with the " If " stuff. Go win #5

Just saying BandG...just saying. 13-0 late in the third.....proud of our guys. Ware actually said on the radio that he couldn't get anyone else to play us so he had to take the SPe game. I'm glad he did. This week has been a blast.
No way could we compete at that level every year but we could some years.
Very proud of our team. Now on to the driveforfive!

Good luck to MC....looked good last night on the highlights.
Let's go Irish...beat MSU!

Just saying BandG...just saying. 13-0 late in the third.....proud of our guys. Ware actually said on the radio that he couldn't get anyone else to play us so he had to take the SPe game. I'm glad he did. This week has been a blast.
No way could we compete at that level every year but we could some years.
Very proud of our team. Now on to the driveforfive!

Good luck to MC....looked good last night on the highlights.
Let's go Irish...beat MSU!

Nothing wrong with being proud. Shelby won 26 straight. I dont care who you are playing . That is exremely hard especially with a bullseye on your back. Ware should play more games against teams like RHSP not less. Doesnt need to be every week but one huge game like this keeps the kids focused and the fan base wired. You guys have been talking about this one since it was scheduled. Same with MC when they schedule a Byrnes or travel to Scotland....Great for the entire comunity win or lose. Beating the same schools year after year gets boring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT