ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs RH South Pointe

@Stallionfromthepointe Congrats, my dude. Derion was impressive as a passer, so much so he could easily play the position on the FBS level. Eli Adams was phenomenal, he's fast and has a relentless motor. Gilmore was impressive, many athletes I could give compliments on, and one heck of venue, too, great stadium and parking. I'm enjoyed myself tonight.
Glad you had a great one man! Dax and that QB gave fits!

Nicely done Lions. Who knows, since the stallions only scored 25 on a little 2A team from NC, that ranking might go down for them lol

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Shelby in my opinion played them toe to toe. The Stallions have too many weapons but from all accounts Shelby should feel good relative to the efforts of their kids and the game plan coach Ware set for this game. Nothing suggest SPE was anything more than an excellent team that beat a very good Shelby team. Congrats Lion's on a great effort.

Good atmosphere, the staff from SP was very friendly. wasn't an empty seat on the Shelby side. Idk if SP has ever had that many Escalades in their parking lot....

Surratt was a warrior last night, he took a beating back there all night long and got right back up each play. Now I know SP is a different animal to block but that has been Shelby's Achilles heal all year is the Oline (now Blk & Gold Dynasty can write that on the board too) If Shelby catches a few of those drops, its a closer ball game on the scoreboard. The D came to play and the offense just couldn't answer back ever.
Shelby shouldnt hang their heads, just got beat by a better team this year. Impressed with SP but the NC/SC gap isnt as wide as some think

Good atmosphere, the staff from SP was very friendly. wasn't an empty seat on the Shelby side. Idk if SP has ever had that many Escalades in their parking lot....

Surratt was a warrior last night, he took a beating back there all night long and got right back up each play. Now I know SP is a different animal to block but that has been Shelby's Achilles heal all year is the Oline (now Blk & Gold Dynasty can write that on the board too) If Shelby catches a few of those drops, its a closer ball game on the scoreboard. The D came to play and the offense just couldn't answer back ever.
Shelby shouldnt hang their heads, just got beat by a better team this year. Impressed with SP but the NC/SC gap isnt as wide as some think
South Pointe is now 8-1 versus NC teams!

First off, Hats off to RHSP, alot of studs on that team, Qb good as advertised he never panics ,strong arm, great rec.
No 8 was a total beast on defense, but i wonder on next level, will he be to small at DE, and maybe be LB.
My boys played with heart, and came to play,
Some hard hitting out there.
But serious, lets look at it, it was only 13-0 going into 4th, if rec catches ball and we get into endzone could have been a different game.
But it didnt, and they killed us on 3 bombs for Tds.
I must ask Stallion, what u think of our D, how we compare to most u played
And our coaches, hats of guys great game plan to shorting game.

Yeah, Eli Adams will play linebacker in college, he's pretty much a Dax clone I read an article on him saying so. With his speed and ferocity, it should be an easy transition for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1
LA, btw 12 played his heart out, sure hes sore today, he did all he could to keep us in it and move ball.
We just missed some breaks we needed.
But time to move on, and finish what we started

Reactions: Lion Attack
LA, btw 12 played his heart out, sure hes sore today, he did all he could to keep us in it and move ball.
We just missed some breaks we needed.
But time to move on, and finish what we started
Thanks! He's pretty beat up, no doubt. He's grateful for the bye week this upcoming week, though. I told him that I hate bye weeks, because like many of you, the Shelby posters, I love watching me some Shelby High Football, but these young men and coaches deserve this week off. Tough schedule, absolutely no 2A opposition, they have earned it the hard way. Proud of these young men and coaching staff.

Congrats...your 4A defending champs ranked 7th in the nation scored 25 points on a 2A school that's probably ranked nationally in the 500's or something. Woooohoooo!!!
The thing is it wasn’t a huge game! We played hard last week! Once they saw they could chill and stop your offense we were good! You have to pour points on teams like NW or Buford because they can play with us! Crest wouldn’t be on SP radar! But Shelby has just as good or a better defense than Buford and NW! But we can’t risk running DK every play when we weren’t worried about losing that’s why you saw a lot different play calling and we put in a 10 th grader at DB so he gave up a few plays but offensively we scored on a run and three wide open passes! Why not throw it to the open man? I guess at Crest y’all throw to receivers who have 2 DBs draped over them?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Congrats...your 4A defending champs ranked 7th in the nation scored 25 points on a 2A school that's probably ranked nationally in the 500's or something. Woooohoooo!!!

SPe is equivalent to a 3A school in NC. About the same size as Crest. They scored four TDs to zero for Shelby. You do not think that is a solid win?

Thats why you guys loss to Shelby every year! Shelby doesn’t have a passing game! I said that since the 7 on 7 and the DB’s and linebackers weren’t the best covering the pass but great run defense!

Btango, lets be real most NC schools have 1 or 2 D-1 players on team, SP has like 8
They may enroll same amount as Crest but really they should blow us out, I will say last years Shelby team would of had it close, or won at end, we could have prob. Matched.
This year, yes we lack oline due to very young, 2 yes not great rec, young also, and this year as great as D is we need a better DE, one that cant be stopped getting to Qb, like Huskey, or Carlson from last year.
Again Sp loaded, nothing away from them.

You guys need to shut down this thread quickly. This day long therapy session is starting to make a proud program and fanbase look silly.

- " if we had last years team we would have won in the end"

- " they have lots of D1 guys, we ONLY lost 25-0. We did great!!

- " if we played 5 times we would win the next 4"

I get it, you havent lost in a while so it feels weird but good god. PLEASE JUST STOP. It was 25-0. Pretty good whipping. Man up...take the L and go get #5. No more " IF's" , no more " They have more students"

It happens...I promise The Golden Lion will still roar tomorrow.

I don’t count this game as a moral victory we got beat by a better team ! Enrollment doesn’t matter we played them with our team this year not two years ago team . We fought hard came up on the losing end to a better team ! Nothing more can be said!

Proud of the fight we moved it at times against them but we couldn’t block their defensive front and we got burned on the pass ! It happens games over let’s strap it up and get ready for conference play

Congratulations to the Stallions outstanding team

The end

When it's a four TD difference it is hard to justify what could / would have been. Is a team up by four TDs doing the same things, the same way they would in a seven point game?

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
We got beat by a better team no doubt,
But again going into 4th only down 13-0 and in scoring position, but turnover on downs killed our momentum and spirit, which lead to 3 long bomb tds.
SP great team, and we are going be fine

Thats why you guys loss to Shelby every year! Shelby doesn’t have a passing game! I said that since the 7 on 7 and the DB’s and linebackers weren’t the best covering the pass but great run defense!

You mean "lose" to Shelby every year? And with that statement alone shows you know nothing about Crest and Shelby. I bet Crest 2014 and 2015 would have shown you what football is all about big boy.

I agree that enrollment doesn't matter. If it does, we should stop playing up all the time. You can't take those games and then have a built in excuse when you lose. I expect to win almost every week, regardless of the size of the school we are playing. Our only "excuse" for losing this week is that South Pointe was a better team.

I think Shelby can compete with SP every years. SP isn't going to have exceptional athletes's every year. We should keep SP on our schedule

This Shelby team is starting to gel now. I saw alot of good things last night. Receivers are getting better and the O line.

We got beat by a better team no doubt,
But again going into 4th only down 13-0 and in scoring position, but turnover on downs killed our momentum and spirit, which lead to 3 long bomb tds.
SP great team, and we are going be fine

More Therapy...Do you get some sort of special prize by being down only 13 pts in the 4th quarter. You have mentioned it multiple times.

Here is the deal. When the game started you both had zero. When it ended they had 25 pts and you still had zero. Thats really all that matters.

Blue and Gold are u trying to be my therapist?
If so i dont need it...lol, i got your point, mine is into 4th we score and could have changed game, would we have won, who knows, i just saw stats we had 15. To 14 1st downs, more time in possessions, we just couldnt score and gave up 3 big plays.
Im done now enjoy your weekend my friend.

If so i dont need it...lol, i got your point, mine is into 4th we score and could have changed game, would we have won, who knows, i just saw stats we had 15. To 14 1st downs, more time in possessions, we just couldnt score and gave up 3 big plays.
Im done now enjoy your weekend my friend.

You are Moral Victory boy today. WE HAD MORE 1ST DOWNS!!! YEAH!!.

I wasnt at the game but let me take a guess. RHSP had a ton of big plays down the field while you guys were grinding out first downs?? Maybe?? I wonder if that has anything to do with those moral victory make me feel good pink pony stats?

Shelby has long ago passed the stage of moral victories. You sound like Burns fans.." Yeah but we were really close to scoring once".

Games over. Go get #5

SPe coach was disappointed with some aspects of his team's play. The main one was unforced errors. Four or five or penalties were where SPe stopped Shelby on third down but a penalty made it a first down. All part of the game just liked dropped passes, bad coverage, dropped passes, inferior line play, at al.

Shelby went and played. Came up short. On to next week. Goal goes from undefeated to another state title. Think that is sufficient.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT