ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs RH South Pointe

shelbyfan1

Aug 22, 2011
Well its that time, Shelby has made it to 5-0 not pretty every week,but we made it.
South Pointe also undefeated, comming off big win in GA.
Shelbys offense hasnt got the passing fig out yet, but running game has looked strong, especially 2 back set.
Malik has done his job and did what he had to for us to win.
The D, what can u say but defense wins championships, they have been the strong point of our game.
Props to Coach Ware for taking this game.
Just hope we can do our best, and keep it close, ( or even pull upset)
SP is loaded with talent, and great Qb.
Lets go be Shelby High football fri.
Lets go Lions!

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
I'm happy Shelby is 5-0, but if we score over 10 points I'll be schocked. Our defense I'm afraid will get wore down due to many three and outs. Our guys are trying but the passing game right now is on the level of the wishbone days back in the 80's. If we can't get over 60 yards passing against KM and Crest, I don't know how will get anything against the eighth rank team in the nation. I'm hoping for an injury free game and hopefully South Pointe having numerous turnovers.

Last edited:
I'm happy Shelby is 5-0, but if we score over 10 points I'll be schocked. Our defense I'm afraid will get wore down due to many three and outs. Our guys are trying but the passing game right now is on the level of the wishbone days back in the 80's. If we can get over 60 yards passing against KM and Crest, I don't know how will get anything against the eighth rank team in the nation. I'm hoping for an injury free game and hopefully South Pointe having numerous turnovers.
What he said, verbatim.

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
Coming from a Reidsville fan shelby is the 4x champ there not just going to lay down in this game they will fight to the end. Think it's going to be a good a close game I'm going to go with 24-21 either teams way
Tall task, but thanks, my dude. Good luck to your Rams next week as well.

Yeah, I have changed to seeing this as just an exhibition. The only outcome I'm concerned about is coming out of it healthy.
To me, if anyone is less than 100%, this would be a game to rest them.

Reactions: Chopper747
LA, my man what your prediction for fri, Any yet?
Nah, bro. Honestly, I've become discouraged. Our offense is just too bad, I was in denial for a game or two, but these past two weeks have convinced me, otherwise. I believe in our defense, but they can't be out there on the field too much, or they will wear down. We saw them on the field too much last night vs KM. Let's hope the coaches come up with a brilliant game plan, and we're able to compete. This game won't break us, though, The Drive For Five will continue.

Wnc, appreciate it bro, lot of folks hate Shelby, and im sure some of our fans piss alot off, but Shelby loves it Football and its brotherhood in it..
So again i appreciate the words

Shelby is winning the tight close games seasoned teams win.

Shelby 20 SP 14
If Shelby brings the same anemic offense of the last two weeks, this game gets ugly early. South Pointe QB is a version of Rico Dowdle that can pass. He scorched the 2nd ranked 5A Buford GA team with 211 yds rushing last night.

Havent seen Shelby this year but it seems from commentary here and the scores that they are struggling on offense against good but not great defensive teams. Seems like there isnt another Borders on this squad and very few explosive plays. I also assume Ware is playing to his strength and minimizing mistakes and letting a very good defense control the game. Sounds like smart football to me.

Watched a bit of SP last night while at Creek game on the live stream. I didnt track play for play but its clear Kendrick is better throwing it than last year and his feet are elite. Everytime I looked down at my phone #8 for SP was in the backfield. They will need to be aware of where Adams is lined up on every snap as he is a disrupter of both pass and run sets.

Think this is a tough spot for this particular Shelby squad but when you can play defense you are typically in every game. I suspect Ware will try to shorten then game by running the ball and will preach contain defense on Kendrick all week. Gotta make him beat you from pocket. My biggest concern is that with the SP kicking game Shelby will need to go 80 yards to score. I imagine you will see Ware gamble a bit on 4th down.

Pulling for Shelby here but while I think some of your fans have decided to make this game bigger than it needs to be the most important games are stil played in November and December. World domination is just overrated.

Ball out and play Shelby football and win or lose dont make it about how many students you have. Its silly. Game was scheduled because Shelby deserves to play in games like this. Dont diminish the program by talking about the disadvantges. Shelby football is bigger than that.

Nah, bro. Honestly, I've become discouraged. Our offense is just too bad, I was in denial for a game or two, but these past two weeks have convinced me, otherwise. I believe in our defense, but they can't be out there on the field too much, or they will wear down. We saw them on the field too much last night vs KM. Let's hope the coaches come up with a brilliant game plan, and we're able to compete. This game won't break us, though, The Drive For Five will continue.
12 can't get any rhythm in this offense. We have no one at WR that strikes fear in anyone, therefore they play tight which takes away the short stuff. Can't burn them deep because he doesn't have enough time. I would like to see 11 go to TE and just go with the two backs and run the ball till we can get some rhythm in the passing game. 11 is not going to beat anyone down the field at split end. He is a good blocker out there and may be open on a slant once and awhile but other than that, he's not much of a threat.

If Shelby brings the same anemic offense of the last two weeks, this game gets ugly early. South Pointe QB is a version of Rico Dowdle that can pass. He scorched the 2nd ranked 5A Buford GA team with 211 yds rushing last night.
I watched SP QB last week he no Rico. He is just fast north sout runner.

Shelby has no offense. Receiver can't get open. Offense line can't block. QB doesn’t have time to throw. A lot of work to do this week

12 can't get any rhythm in this offense. We have no one at WR that strikes fear in anyone, therefore they play tight which takes away the short stuff. Can't burn them deep because he doesn't have enough time. I would like to see 11 go to TE and just go with the two backs and run the ball till we can get some rhythm in the passing game. 11 is not going to beat anyone down the field at split end. He is a good blocker out there and may be open on a slant once and awhile but other than that, he's not much of a threat.
Man knows his stuff. ^^^^^

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
FWIW calpreps.com has Shelby 24 South Pointe 23........it has also projects Reidsville 28 South Pointe 22...lol.....2A NC football seems to be getting a lot of respect from the left coast......................

Shelby will make this game interesting , period ! If the Shelby coaches and players think like we do on these boards , they are already beaten . Coach Ware will give it his all on this game and I bet RHSP , win or lose , will be praising this Shelby group !!! Shelby will make this game closer than what most think . This is NOT our first time playing a bigger , faster and more talanted team . This group has a don't quit attitude and the offence will come around and get us our Drive for five ! Go Lions !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 72 State Champion
latest

In the grand scheme of things, this game doesnt count much. They should try to have fun with it. It may be close due to RHSP not risking their starters the entire game, then again I hear SC teams don't take let up on he gas pedal.

Realistically, an injury free loss is best case scenario. I'm glad this game is happening, but it would have been better to see it happen in 2015/2016.

For future reference it may be time to put some 1 or 2 defensive stars on offense for a couple of plays. The db's look like decent receivers to try out.

Last edited:
He is light years better than Rico Dowdle. He runs it, throws it, occasionally catches it and is a lock down corner or safety late in games. He is a faster version of James Summers from Page.
The Adams kid worries me more than the QB, I'm not sure if we tripled teamed him it would make any difference.

We will go down and give it all we got that I know for sure .. monumental task in front of us without a doubt and we will have to play perfect on all fronts to remain competitive in this one.. we thought Crest
And KM and even Burns gave us fits rushing the passer and in no way am I disrespecting their defensive fronts but this is an entirely different animal this week ...

So fellas go down there and give it all you got facing a team of this caliber is good for us I personally think ... first time we've been this big of an underdog in a long time...usually we play our best in this type atmosphere but it's a tall order and anyone that says otherwise is delusional

We will go down and give it all we got that I know for sure .. monumental task in front of us without a doubt and we will have to play perfect on all fronts to remain competitive in this one.. we thought Crest
And KM and even Burns gave us fits rushing the passer and in no way am I disrespecting their defensive fronts but this is an entirely different animal this week ...

So fellas go down there and give it all you got facing a team of this caliber is good for us I personally think ... first time we've been this big of an underdog in a long time...usually we play our best in this type atmosphere but it's a tall order and anyone that says otherwise is delusional

Let me shoot you some luck, SL. Seadog's prediction is 49-0 SPe. :)

Some of you guys are making these guys out to be Alabama. Very good squad, well coached with a handful of very good athletes. 2 or 3 elite level kids. Last year a below avg Mallard Creek team lost by 11 and had 160 yards in penalties. Vance and Butler losses were by 14 and 17 points.

I think on the whole SC football is better than NC football but the margin is small and in many cases its because in places like Rock Hill the emphasis and money spent on it is much higher. I personally think Cleveland County mirrors that level of intensity.

Lets stop thinking SC teams cant be beat. Preseason #5 Gaffney got handled by Harding 2 weeks ago. Myrtle Beach got beat and Marlboro basically backed out of playing Scotland. Byrnes got beat last year, RH SP has been beaten by Vance, RH Northwestern by Charlotte Catholic, Dillon 4 time state title winner has been beaten twice. All of this over the past 4 years. Frankly its hard to get them to come to NC. When they do they usually get beat.

Shelby doesnt need to give any quarter here. My guess is its a whale of a game. Probably 21-14 type of ballgame.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT