ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs North Davidson

The fact that Shelby only lost to Crest by 21 points gives them a big advantage in this 2a state championship.

Puhlease....just be glad your game got moved back to the front end of the season. Come November we are a different team than we are in September. No way you beat us by 21 now....actually, no way you beat us at all. Who do y'all play Saturday?

Congrats. The reason I bring up 1975 is because it's the only time ND and Shelby have ever played, and it was a tie. So this is essentially the rubber match lol!

Btw, thanks for kicking Lexingtons behinds the next year. Us and Tville don't like the Jackets!

They went out in 2nd round for third year in a row. To make it worse they lost 35 to 0. These posts make them feel better.

No. The post was to point out how watered down and below average 2A football is this year. Crest was a middle of the road 3A team this year and curb stomped SHELBY. #FactsDon’tLie

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
No. The post was to point out how watered down and below average 2A football is this year. Crest was a middle of the road 3A team this year and curb stomped SHELBY. #FactsDon’tLie
Even if we would have curb stomped y’all, you still would have come spewing negativity, trying to downplay our success, Crestman2/i’maCrestfan1/CrestCharger22335567, too. Three second round exits in a row would probably have me “hating” too, though.

Last edited:
Sounds as if He is/was a fan of a team that North spanked, lol. This should get Him to respond

Yea right, I'm a fan of one of the seven teams who didn't even win 4 games that you guys beat. LOL. Ya'll are BEASTS, no doubt. I can't help that your frustrated with me just telling the truth. Shelby will beat you down. Then next year, when your a legitimate 2A team, your reign is OVER. It will be comical, I can see it now. You 4 experts will start blame the losses on coaching. Why do you think Holcomb left, he knew this day was coming.

And, also remind these good people that we beat Kings Mountain, 3A Western Regional finalist Kings Mountain, that same KM who has beaten Crest three years in a row now. I also think you were the Crest poster who had South Point beating us by 14. Shelby progressed through the season. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.

And, also remind these good people that we beat Kings Mountain, 3A Western Regional finalist Kings Mountain, that same KM who has beaten Crest three years in a row now. I also think you were the Crest poster who had South Point beating us by 14. Shelby progressed through the season. It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish.
He is going through a tough time right now.

Even if we would have curd stomped y’all, you still would have come spewing negativity, trying to downplay our success, Crestman2/i’maCrestfan1/CrestCharger22335567, too. Three second round exits in a row would probably have me “hating” too, though.

There goes that 3-2 number again.

I've said it before, Crest has 3 plays that go to the same 2 people and next year they will have another 2nd round exit.

Shelby also lost to burns. I think hibriten would beat crest and maybe North Davidson as well

Football is about matchups. We are going to see who is better between ND and Shelby, but nobody is going to know who would win amongst other teams. Any given day... For what its worth I'd take Hibriten over ledford all day. Also South Point.

Reactions: beamer24
Excited to be able to see this game before my Vikings play. Should be a good one
I looked a your schedule recently, and The Vikings have destroyed all of its competition, obviously a special team you guys have. Good luck Saturday.

Last edited:
Nothing but respect for Shelby, am thrilled to see this matchup, was hoping for this last year, as having a friend who's son played there and graduated would have been neat to be sitting beside Him watching them battle it out! I could be wrong, and will be here to take the licks if so, but I do not see this being a blow out either way. Both offenses are good, both defenses are very good. They will line up Saturday, and settle it on the field. Nothing will be settled on these message boards.

Last time I saw Shelby was when y’all were whopping Tarboros tail in Kenan stadium in ‘98 lol
I saw you guys, led by a freakish athlete in Todd Gurley, beat a great Lincolnton team. How do you think this current team stack up against that team?

Last edited:
Teams I would like to see play each other regardless of class.

1A Tarboro, Murphy
2A Shelby, Hibriten, South Point, ND
3A Charlotte Catholic, Havelock, Weddington
4A Scotland County, Richmond County, Wake Forest, Mallard Creek

There are more but that's the most immediate right now

Last edited:
Vinniejr1, great mreting u guys again at Bbq by school.
And thanks fot showing us where to park.
You and your brother good people.
U comming to stste game

Man, the North crew (BlackNightNut and Bkknights93) are quiet. They must be studying the video on Shelby. I'm sure they'll have a scouting report ready for Coach Flynn. The Lions are in big TROUBLE. :(:(:( I think one of them coaches little league or something.

Last edited:
I still got dvd of game Tarboro took kickoff and Shelby laid wood and caused a fumble.. It was down hill after that for them

Mario Camp made that hit on the kickoff to open the game..

he coached with us at UC the last couple years, he and his family wonderful people... His oldest son (I call Mack) with an award winning smile still plays up there.... Still had a couple years left....

Its nice reading a thread with NOT slap full of smack talk too, it has its place, but its nice to talk football and I always enjoy reading these ND folks posts.... going to be a great week... And a great ball game

Only the trolls will try to mess it up. Not likely to be ND or Shelby fans. Good luck, brothers.

We all play football, coach football or watch football and we all accept the consequences of playing the game. It is simulated combat to a degree. That means you can get hurt.

But by God, is it not a man's responsibility to sacrifice for those he cares about and stands with everyday? We play football because of the bonds it builds and because IT IS FUN.

May the best team win... Good luck to all. Be safe in travels and on the field of play, gentlemen.

Reactions: triadfan336
Who was the QB Shelby had in 95 and 96? He was phenomenal.

There was somewhere there in the mid 90s, I don't know who the QB was but I remember reading about their All American linebacker and they had a secondary that was top in the country one of those mid 90s years when they were 3A, avg speed was 4.4 with high 4.3 and slower ones at 4.5

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT