ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs North Davidson

Good game but Shelby is peaking which could be bad for ND...I thought the state title was decided last night with Shelby and Hibriten...

I’m torn. Should I wish for Shelby to win because they are actually a 2A team? Should I wish for a Northern Davidson win to maintain Reidsville’s lead over Shelby in State Championship wins?

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Good game but Shelby is peaking which could be bad for ND...I thought the state title was decided last night with Shelby and Hibriten...

That’s quite possible. I’m very interested to see how North handles overall team speed.

Man... Ledford looked timid last night. It was definitely different than the last time. North had a hand in making them look bad this time. Their errors were mostly forced last night.

Honestly, both teams are playing their best football.

A small edge I would give to Shelby, they’ve been battle tested these playoffs where north has run right over their competition and not felt with much adversity at all.

Shelby probably a slight favorite simply based on experience in title games. However, I’d say talent is fairly even. North has a lot more size. Shelby a lot more speed. Key for this game will be how North handles Shelby speed.

Both teams are peaking at the right time. ND beat Tabor and sleptwalked through the rest of the season until ledford. When ledford won the first game it set something off and our boys have played their best ball in the playoffs. Shelby started slow but came along at the end as well. Very similar story for both.

ND has 7 shutouts in 15 games...only losses in Week 2 to Davie and Week 11 to Ledford (9-7), which they avenged last night (24-7). Based on stats, it looks like ND is more dangerous in the passing game (about 2:1 in yards passing vs yards rushing). Only given up 103 points in 15 games (less than 7 ppg). I wouldn't count ND out by a long shot.

Shelby has won 11 straight after starting 1-3...very tough schedule including Freedom, AC Reynolds, Crest, Kings Mountain, East Rutherford, South Point....just in the regular season. They have also played a very rough playoff schedule (1st Rd opponent was 9-2, 2nd Rd opponent 10-2, 3rd Rd opponent 10-3 and 4th Rd opponent 14-0 - that's a combined 43-7).

Should be very entertaining...two high powered offenses

More like two great overall teams. Offense, defense and special teams.

I expect a lower to medium scoring game.

21-21 at the end of regulation and North wins 28-24 in OT.

This game should be a good one. It looks like the weather may get in the way of both teams having a normal week of practice and prep time for the game. I believe our coaches experience will give the edge to Shelby in being better prepared for the championship. I don't know anything about ND, but any team that makes it this far deserves respect.

I hear that too, that weather may be a big factor, possibly even for the game. If so, who knows what can happen.

I'll take Shelby because they're Shelby. And they have Livermush, Bologna and chicken wings in the concession stand ( on the home side, anyway) And because they have a dogpile, albeit a very civilized and orchestrated one. And because they beat North. And because they have great school colors. And because I harbor a longstanding grudge against ND for a dirty girls soccer match years ago.

Shelby by 12

If the weather is good should be a lot of fans there with Reidsville, East Surry, North Davidson and Shelby at the same site. First time for some of these schools.

I'll take Shelby because they're Shelby. And they have Livermush, Bologna and chicken wings in the concession stand ( on the home side, anyway) And because they have a dogpile, albeit a very civilized and orchestrated one. And because they beat North. And because they have great school colors. And because I harbor a longstanding grudge against ND for a dirty girls soccer match years ago.

Shelby by 12
Wat they do lol....never heard of a grudge from a soccer match...except in Europe lol

Isnt Davidson pretty far west for an "eastern" team?
North Davidson is in Davidson County and not the town of Davidson. And yes, it is still pretty far west for an eastern team, but that is how the lines fell after the 2A playoff teams were split big and small. There are a lot of big 2A schools in the western part of the state, pushing the 2AA split line west.

On some of the news channels this week, I saw that East Forsyth’s coach did an interview from the Wake Forest University indoor football practice facility. Perhaps they’d reach out to the local teams who are still playing (EForsyth,ESurry,NDavidson) and allow them a little time in between their bowl game preparation?

On some of the news channels this week, I saw that East Forsyth’s coach did an interview from the Wake Forest University indoor football practice facility. Perhaps they’d reach out to the local teams who are still playing (EForsyth,ESurry,NDavidson) and allow them a little time in between their bowl game preparation?

Yes I believe North already has that lined up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT