ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs North Davidson

I don't know about size advantage but we do grow linemen pretty well in Davidson County. Even the bad schools like central and west usually have size lol.

My senior year we were small. But that usually isn't the case. Bunch of farm boys. Though it is getting more suburban lately...

Reactions: thekidd12
North Davidson has no idea about what they will experience next weekend. Shelby brings a combination of TRADITION, team speed, swagger, and nastiness. AND they are extremely well-coached. Shelby knows this type of "game week" inside-out and that is a huge advantage. I don't see this game being close.

North Davidson has no idea about what they will experience next weekend. Shelby brings a combination of TRADITION, team speed, swagger, and nastiness. AND they are extremely well-coached. Shelby knows this type of "game week" inside-out and that is a huge advantage. I don't see this game being close.

A guy who's first 15 posts were about the East Davidson coaching search jumping on the Shelby bandwagon. LOL.

You may prove to be right, but beating that drum over and over is kind of funny coming from an ED guy.

Maybe GWU will let Shelby use that turf field to prepare for Saturday’s game.. I’m being sarcastic very sarcastic lol

A guy who's first 15 posts were about the East Davidson coaching search jumping on the Shelby bandwagon. LOL.

You may prove to be right, but beating that drum over and over is kind of funny coming from an ED guy.

I'm actually not an "ED guy". If you read my 15 posts about ED, you'll see I was 100% correct about that train-wreck. I just get tickled reading the posts from you guys. Your so knowledgeable about football. I'm sorry if some of you ND fanboys (All 3 of you) got your feelings hurt. BUT, at the end of the day, I will be right again. Shelby will dominate ND!!!!! :)

I'm actually not an "ED guy". If you read my 15 posts about ED, you'll see I was 100% correct about that train-wreck. I just get tickled reading the posts from you guys. Your so knowledgeable about football. I'm sorry if some of you ND fanboys (All 3 of you) got your feelings hurt. BUT, at the end of the day, I will be right again. Shelby will dominate ND!!!!! :)
Feelings weren't hurt; I was just entertained. Obsessive envy is kind of funny to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
I think most of the ND posters on here are pretty realistic about their team’s talents and shortcomings. How lucky it must be to have a team with no Achilles Heel!

North Davidson is in Davidson County and not the town of Davidson. And yes, it is still pretty far west for an eastern team, but that is how the lines fell after the 2A playoff teams were split big and small. There are a lot of big 2A schools in the western part of the state, pushing the 2AA split line west.
Looking at the county map here, Davidson county is WAY far west to even enter into discussion as an EASTERN county. But on the other hand I suppose there arent too many 2AA schools east of there anyway.

We at Shelby will not brag or trash talk.
Were just going go and try to finish business.
After 1-3 start alot thought we were folding, Shelbys coaching staff knew the talent was there but had to get the right combo on field. . we are also peaking at right time... Always remember its not where u start but where u finish. .
Now for game. Im sure ND is very well coached team, and i see there big on film and bal.
But i wonder will Shelby speed by a big difference
And serious can the air attack be stopped..
I do fig ND being a passing team will be more use to it. . Shelbys safety will get tested ..see he throws pretty well..still think theses guys are on mission..

ND fans, knowledgeable ones, have the utmost respect for Shelby. However, games aren't played on the internet lol.

In my lifetime the teams I have developed the most respect for are Thomasville, Reidsville, Shelby, WRH, Murphy, Swain County, Robbinsville, Richmond County, Dudley, Tarboro and Charlotte Catholic. There are others but that is the immediate thought process.

Those programs are historically great and deserve nothing but respect.

Trolls on the other hand... Don't feed em lol.

Reactions: Chopper747
Looking at the county map here, Davidson county is WAY far west to even enter into discussion as an EASTERN county. But on the other hand I suppose there arent too many 2AA schools east of there anyway.

When the last realignment happened and it was discovered that North Davidson could possibly compete in the east... It was hard to believe. It’s just one of those weird things.

But its legit... I looked at the 64 teams that qualified for the playoffs.
It is not NEARLY as weird as Whiteville (Columbus County) playing in the west in years past.

ND fans, knowledgeable ones, have the utmost respect for Shelby. However, games aren't played on the internet lol.

In my lifetime the teams I have developed the most respect for are Thomasville, Reidsville, Shelby, WRH, Murphy, Swain County, Robbinsville, Richmond County, Dudley, Tarboro and Charlotte Catholic. There are others but that is the immediate thought process.

Those programs are historically great and deserve nothing but respect.

Trolls on the other hand... Don't feed em lol.

Man, you left some good teams off your "respect" list, but it's ok, I know your flustered. I never said this game would be won on the internet. BUT, on the internet, I said ND would have it handed to them. Do you realize that ND has only played 3 teams that were above 500 all year??? I know North can't do anything about their schedule. However, Shelby played 10 teams that won AT LEAST 9 games. That's crazy!!! Talking about battle tested. This game is a NO CONTEST.

I expect Shelby to be a very high hurdle to clear, but you just never know what can happen in one game. I still remember going to Laurinburg when Scotland was the number one team in the state, and coming home with an exciting and very improbable win.

It's not as if North has never beat great teams... HP Andrews when they were good, Dudley, Scotland come to mind. Mt Tabor is athletic every year and just ran into a Weddington buzzsaw in the regionals.

Last edited:
Holy crap I forgot about 98! They were my favorite troll that I just could not bring myself to ignore lol.

To you, 72/98! (Raises glass)

Happy Holidays Shelby fans, may our game be a good one. May all players be safe, and all travelers this week! Go Black Knights!

Anyone know if the state title games are gonna be televised again this year?

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

The link will get you an offer to pay $9.95/month for the opportunity to view all 8 NCHSAA playoff games. I have used them twice in the last year and have been thoroughly satisfied. I have watched 2 of the 5 SC High school championships games this morning. You can actually save the games to watch later and they do a super job. The downside is you have to unregister b month's end or pay again. I would strongly suggest this opportunity to view the games, only if you're unable to go and support YOUR team.

Not hardly...please tell me how many championship games they played in from 1971 to 2001...that 30 year recent span.

'47champion
'68champion
'70champion
'72champion
'75champion
'76champion
'84champion
'86champion
'87champion
'98champion
'05champion
'06champion
'13champion
'14champion
'15champion
'16champion

Is more like it.

I believe he's still around.:rolleyes:

The link will get you an offer to pay $9.95/month for the opportunity to view all 8 NCHSAA playoff games. I have used them twice in the last year and have been thoroughly satisfied. I have watched 2 of the 5 SC High school championships games this morning. You can actually save the games to watch later and they do a super job. The downside is you have to unregister b month's end or pay again. I would strongly suggest this opportunity to view the games, only if you're unable to go and support YOUR team.
Even if you are able to go and support your team, it sounds like a good deal to save the game and all others for later viewing. Thanks.

Per the 1999 Lexington Dispatch reliving a century of DC athletics...

1975 An overflow crowd at Lexington’s Philpott Stadium watched North Davidson and Shelby battle to a 21-21 tie in the finals of the Western North Carolina Athletic Association football playoffs.

The Knights let a 21-7 fourth-quarter lead disappear by coughing up four fumbles in the final quarter. Shelby converted two of those into touchdowns to tie the score late in the game.

North quarterback Robert Everhart was named the game’s offensive MVP after throwing a pair of touchdown passes, one to Perry Tuttle and the other to Steve Cloer. The Knights totaled over 400 yards of offense but turnovers killed them in the end.

Under coach Don Palmer, North finished the season with an 11-1-1 record.

Hi

1975 An overflow crowd at Lexington’s Philpott Stadium watched North Davidson and Shelby battle to a 21-21 tie in the finals of the Western North Carolina Athletic Association football playoffs.

The Knights let a 21-7 fourth-quarter lead disappear by coughing up four fumbles in the final quarter. Shelby converted two of those into touchdowns to tie the score late in the game.

North quarterback Robert Everhart was named the game’s offensive MVP after throwing a pair of touchdown passes, one to Perry Tuttle and the other to Steve Cloer. The Knights totaled over 400 yards of offense but turnovers killed them in the end.

How is this relevant to this thread? If a Shelby fan posted their history, it would be 20 pages long. Let's keep this discussion on point.

Reactions: Bulldog_012

Other than you just posting this, why does the name Perry Tuttle sound familiar?

I was actually referring to like last year, the few that was broadcasted on TV. I think wccb, wjzy, or wb did a few of them on local tv.

triadfan336, so should North just stay in welcome Saturday? Maybe save some bruises and heartache? Sounds as such.... There are 4 ND posters at least, get it right....I'm a little curious, sounds like you are bitter, who do you claim to support?, or are you as your username says and pull for the triad teams?

I love it when people post and I don't get notifications because they are so irrelevant I don't even wanna dignify their trolling with comments... Lol

Reactions: bkknights93
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT