ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs. Hibriten --Round 2

My nephew and the rest of us that helped on his race car had it rough for the first few years. I am seriousness it was like that movie Days of Thunder. Kept getting wrecked and running mid pack at best. We built a new car and started winning and this was our song. Not much a Drake fan but this one meant something to us. Kind of like Hibriten! We had some rough years and we slowly started to win more then we would lose. Now we seem to be contenders every year and have the opportunity to play a Shelby team that just reloads every year and pumps out State Championships better then most get conference titles. It is kind of nice to play you guys 2 years in a row. Started from the bottom now we are here! This may hurt some country ears but this song is for Hibriten!

I am really torn on this one after having looked at both teams multiple times. My first thought is that it will be Shelby for the following reasons. Hibriten may struggle with Shelby's passing game for a couple reasons. Running teams do not practice against the pass as much and may not be ready for how quickly Bess can get the ball to his receivers. In the SP/Shelby game, SP defenders felt that they had good timing and angles on ball only to barely miss which resulted in completions. Overall, Hibriten has more secondary speed to defend but that doesn't matter if you misjudge. Secondly, SP was 6-7 for 104 yds against Hibriten and should have thrown more. The question is whether Shelby can stop the Hibriten run game. SP held Hibriten to 211 yards of offense, but I do not believe
Shelby's run defense is as good as SP. SP struggled getting to the corners on Shelby due to their speed but Hibriten has matching speed. In the end, assuming that turnovers and penalties are not major factors, I will go with Shelby 28-21.
We have a lot of speed in the secondary. We seem to bend on passes and tighten up closer in toward the 25-20 yard line. We knew the run was what we had to stop against you guys. You guys matched up good against us since you know our plays. I think I posted I would throw it 20 times to Ray Grier!! He was used kind of like our Miles Simon last year until the Championship. Ray Grier really has a chance to play on sundays. He has height and is blisteringly fast. I wish we had him to be quite honest. I think I will watch all the Shelby games today to see what they did right on this streak of wins and what they did wrong at the start. This game has enough talent we could make a dominant all star team combining both teams. I hope the guys were kind of looking g ahead last night. The defense was solid and that Bandys kid was a beast. They had him listed at 245 pounds bs! His right leg weighed that, lol. He had to have been 275 or more and could run low to the ground. We held him very well for how low he ran. I think his facemask was dragging the ground. Our qb had his worst game of the year and fumbled several times and threw an int. He did throw a beautiful pass in the 2nd quarter. We played well enough to win and Bandys came to play. We have to get pressure on Bess without bringing the house and get up and swat balls. If they have a great passing night it could go their way. If Gee and Marqwone have big rushing nights it could go our way. No clue at this point. Turnovers and penalties could decide it. Too many athletes on both sides for either of us to be too confident in my humble opinion.

Keys to the game in my opinion.

It’s hard to have much more motivation than redemption. With much respect to hibritens football team, I think I’ll have to lean with the Lions in this one.

Shelby lost several key players from last years team but their defense is night and day different than it was for the Burns game. What set them back early in the year was a leader. All these guys had played with Dax until this year and he was a do it all from film, weights, practiced hard and played even harder, he was a once in a blue moon leader at the high school leave. People have stepped up and started to lead and that was the turn around on defense. Early in the year you seen players arguing on field a little bit and pointing fingers instead of encouring and picking up when they we’re down. All that has changed. Also the O-line has stepped up drastically. This Shelby team reminds me of the old Chris Norman teams where it took them a couple games to hit their stride and now that they have they are right where Shelby football always is, eyeing for another title.

As far as Bess goes for this game, I think where he could possibly break Hibritens back is with his legs. Bess is an underrated runner and that’s because he has more of a pocket passer mentality which is rare these days. If Bess has time in the pocket and he chooses to run for those 15 yard dashes several times it can gut a D.

All in all this game will be a good one. Most importantly I hope for an injury free game. Shelby will have to play their most disciplined defensive game of the year. The back field for Hibriten is one of the best I have seen for the option. Hibriten defense will have to really defend the pass. The game could go either way but I think I’ll take Shelby in a tight one.

I don't think Shelby will stop Hibriten's running game. They still had a hard time with the slow running temas they've played in recent weeks. The slowness of those offenses allowed Shelby defense to keep the score low. Hibriten has a quick backfield and run the triple option as previous teams Shelby has played. Hibriten will at least get 20-25 pts like South Point did, and probably sneak a few passes in to score like they did against ED in the title game. That SP Shelby game was closer than the score. Shelby will have to score at least 30 to win. Those dropped passes, slips, and turnover on downs will cost them this game, unlike previous games. The game can go either way.

Held NL to 55 rushing yards on 33 Attempts
Held Ash County to 65 rushing yards on 27 Attempts

Kinda sounds like what they did to Hibriten.and
Bandys had over 300.

Will Shelby be presented the 2AA state championship trophy pregame? With the number 2,3, and 5 in adm remaining, if Shelby wins out, they can present the 3A trophy to them in Raleigh.

Reactions: golden one
South Point rushed for 202 against us.

Did you win, yes. But you scored 28 in the first half off 4 fumbles and didn’t score again. Bottom line is comparing stats to common opponents don’t matter because come Friday night you still have to lace them up and hit somebody in the mouth. Shelby will move the ball and so will Hibriten but end of the night it doesn’t matter which offense does more. It matters which team does more, just like y’all did against SP, y’all was outoutgained by around 100 yards but you took advantage of opportunities and SP lost. Yards don’t matter, points do.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Did you win, yes. But you scored 28 in the first half off 4 fumbles and didn’t score again. Bottom line is comparing stats to common opponents don’t matter because come Friday night you still have to lace them up and hit somebody in the mouth. Shelby will move the ball and so will Hibriten but end of the night it doesn’t matter which offense does more. It matters which team does more, just like y’all did against SP, y’all was outoutgained by around 100 yards but you took advantage of opportunities and SP lost. Yards don’t matter, points do.
I agree I was just pointing holding Ashe and North Lincoln to 50-60 yds rushing is not comparable to South Point and Hibriten.

The post said “I don't think Shelby will stop Hibriten's running game. They still had a hard time with the slow running temas they've played in recent weeks.”
All I did was post our stats vs the last 2 rushing teams we played

Hibriten will be the one with all the pressure on them this year.
Last year it was Shelby trying to get drive for 5. This year it will be Panthers trying to stay crowned.
Turnovers will be big

This is not gonna be an easy game for either team. Shelby started 1-3 and now look at the team. I have no doubt that this game will be won in the 4th quarter. I have no idea who is going to win it. I think I have proven I am a loyal Hibriten fan and always want to say we are going to win but not this week. This is what round 4 is suppose to be.
Agreed both teams are playing at High Levels right now and it’s gonna come down to whose the most disciplined and makes the fewest mistakes! can’t wait to make this trip Friday night gonna be a good one

Beamer24 if you're trying to use common opponents is a factor you're crazy get real you know this game will be more to it common opponents won't have anything to do with Friday night.

The post said “I don't think Shelby will stop Hibriten's running game. They still had a hard time with the slow running temas they've played in recent weeks.”
All I did was post our stats vs the last 2 rushing teams we played

You guys are too sensitive, like women

Reactions: beamer24
Hibriten didn't play North Lincoln or West Lincoln. Had nothing to do with common opponents. Just rushing stats!:confused:

Beamer so ..are u predicting Hibriten to have over 300 yrds rushing and yall to win game outright

Doesn’t matter if it’s 300 or 100. It’s 1 point thats all it takes, and your onto the next round. Shelby’s gona stop Hibriten. Hibritens gona stop Shelby. Momentum going to be all over the place. End of the day you just hope for no injuries and a fun night for us fans. Welcome back to Lenoir!!!

Im going be stright up. You Hibriten folks think we dont respect your team but your wrong!
We do. And know what talent u have. I know ive talked to coach Ware many nights and him say. There a great football team that be hsrd to beat.
Were going to just come back and do what we been doing to get to this point.
We are peaking at right time.
I watched gsme film and see the triple option is different from what's . SP. runs .
Hibriten uses all 3 backs on alot of pitch plays in the Gaps.
Dont throw it much at all but i bet try sneeking a few in fri to keep us from stacking box.
Ill say Hibriten will try dropping 7 incoverage
I dont see your coach trying the blitz all night he will mix it in on 3rd downs.
Shelby will need quick release throws and not get in 3rd and longs.. Weather as of now clear and cold .Snow on Sat

Reactions: daletec
Shelby guys. FYI. jest. Things said or done for amusement a joke just saying!! Kinda like your first second and third round opponents. Tighten up those chin straps buttercup there’s gona be slober flying everywhere

I just hope our young players in this upstart program of ours can go into the Champs house and keep it close. With our few trips to the western finals in our history, I hope the moment is not to big for us. Maybe one day we can get over the hump with our 850 count student body and lack of athletes.

I just hope our young players in this upstart program of ours can go into the Champs house and keep it close. With our few trips to the western finals in our history, I hope the moment is not to big for us. Maybe one day we can get over the hump with our 850 count student body and lack of athletes.

Hell you will get there kept getting burns kids already knocked them down to 2a. 2years Shelby probably be playing big 4a

Reactions: Chopper747
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT