ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ Burns - Week 4

Middle field open, when Burns blitz hit short passes in flats, they back up, then run ball , not hard to figure that out...

Reactions: Lion Attack
Heck of a game to watch if you ignore all the slop. Shelby and Burns both had LOTS of improvements to make if they want to make a deep run. I could go on and on about the Burns OC. Good luck the rest of the way!

Biggest question of the night. Why not go wild cat on the 2pt try? Only play of the entire game that you put the Q under center. Terrible.

First of all congrats to Shelby. This was a great HS football game. I said a week ago it was a toss up and proved to be so. The shelby q b had alot of time to make plays . I hope we can get more pressure on the qb in future weeks. I loved how the dogs rebounded and came back but no moral victories in Lawndale. We lost time to move on to next week but dad gum it man we could have got this W.

Kinda reminds you of the South Point attempt against you guys the first game of the season don't it BBB. 😭
I was thinking the same thing. Only difference is, we never go under center. And that was our 2 point try. We just scored a TD out of the wildcat. Why not line up in the same formation but put a wrinkle in it.

Here's my take on this game. First Shelby was missing an O lineman tonight, with that said we couldn't block a team of old men on Jazzy's. That's why we couldn't pound with Omar, a lot of the time he couldn't even get to the line of scrimmage before being hit. We only use one running play (I think Burns figured that out). On pass plays there were times the QB had tons of time and others he barely got the snap and running for his life. I know a lot of people are a little down on him but our receivers had a hard time getting open down field on a consistent basis. Should have had around 42 points tonight. Now on to the D, they were much more aggressive to start the game and were shutting Burns down. Then Burns started using that against us and sneaking receivers quickly in behind for good gains. Still why in the heck are our coaches taking one of the best pass rushers in the state (who dominated both games against Burns last year) and have him dropping back in pass coverage and not having any impact on the play at all. Now before all of you get on here and blast me for thinking I know more than coaches, I already know and have personally confirmed that I am an idiot. However some things are just simple to understand and then do. Hopefully we keep improving but Kings Mountain is going to bring a different level of defense next week I think and we better learn how to block before then.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Here's my take on this game. First Shelby was missing an O lineman tonight, with that said we couldn't block a team of old men on Jazzy's. That's why we couldn't pound with Omar, a lot of the time he couldn't even get to the line of scrimmage before being hit. We only use one running play (I think Burns figured that out). On pass plays there were times the QB had tons of time and others he barely got the snap and running for his life. I know a lot of people are a little down on him but our receivers had a hard time getting open down field on a consistent basis. Should have had around 42 points tonight. Now on to the D, they were much more aggressive to start the game and were shutting Burns down. Then Burns started using that against us and sneaking receivers quickly in behind for good gains. Still why in the heck are our coaches taking one of the best pass rushers in the state (who dominated both games against Burns last year) and have him dropping back in pass coverage and not having any impact on the play at all. Now before all of you get on here and blast me for thinking I know more than coaches, I already know and have personally confirmed that I am an idiot. However some things are just simple to understand and then do. Hopefully we keep improving but Kings Mountain is going to bring a different level of defense next week I think and we better learn how to block before then.
I agree 100 percent. I don't care where he plays in college,for this Shelby team he has to rush the QB.As for next week it could be a long night.

My thoughts on last night: qb is indecisive/panics or try to do more than his skill set will allow. He looks to be more of a robot type passer than a think on your feet type of guy. Corona which we ALL dealt with hurt us tremendously. No chemistry, no trust.
On the defense side of the ball we are thinking way to much! Yes are good on D we just in a learning curve that’s slowing down the process.
Yes i would like to see more pressure coming from 8 but this defense has studs all over. And btw he is being recruited for OLB same as jack was recruited as tight end. And if I’m a kid and someone willing to hand me a free education but i have to stand up vs putting my hand in the dirt, olb it is

My thoughts on last night: qb is indecisive/panics or try to do more than his skill set will allow. He looks to be more of a robot type passer than a think on your feet type of guy. Corona which we ALL dealt with hurt us tremendously. No chemistry, no trust.
On the defense side of the ball we are thinking way to much! Yes are good on D we just in a learning curve that’s slowing down the process.
Yes i would like to see more pressure coming from 8 but this defense has studs all over. And btw he is being recruited for OLB same as jack was recruited as tight end. And if I’m a kid and someone willing to hand me a free education but i have to stand up vs putting my hand in the dirt, olb it is
Do you not think that his present coaches need to put him where it helps the team the most?The perfect example is Jack and the look at number of times he lined up at TE.Look at his hudl from last night when he pursues the backfield.Also he was being recruited, he is now a Tar Heel.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Great game. One of the best games I’ve seen. Just a shame one team had to lose. The extra points were the difference. I agree on the 2 point try. It reminded me of South Point’s attempt. But I have seen us go around and it not work either. But Devine was right. I think we really lost the game on those chunk third down plays we gave up to Shelby, even though the D played great overall. We were in Huitt’s face all night. But we had way too many turnovers.

Do you not think that his present coaches need to put him where it helps the team the most?The perfect example is Jack and the look at number of times he lined up at TE.Look at his hudl from last night when he pursues the backfield.Also he was being recruited, he is now a Tar Heel.
Yes he needs to be placed where he makes the greatest impact but if you have watched every game how many times have the OLB dropped into coverage?

We are a spoiled bunch that’s for sure we’ve won all four games and three of the four were struggles that’s for sure.... we will learn real quick where we are next week when the mountes roll in.... they don’t have many if any weaknesses this season... may be even better without Paysour and that’s not a knock on him at all! Can run it throw it stifling defense .... I guess what I am saying is we have a week to figure it all out or that’s gonna be ugly and the woe is me that is US so far this season will be off the charts .....

Strange season so far things aren’t rolling like usual but hey it happens sometimes it takes a while to get it right and sometimes you get drug up and down the field I’m just glad we have football man it’s been boring the last year without it

We are a spoiled bunch that’s for sure we’ve won all four games and three of the four were struggles that’s for sure.... we will learn real quick where we are next week when the mountes roll in.... they don’t have many if any weaknesses this season... may be even better without Paysour and that’s not a knock on him at all! Can run it throw it stifling defense .... I guess what I am saying is we have a week to figure it all out or that’s gonna be ugly and the woe is me that is US so far this season will be off the charts .....

Strange season so far things aren’t rolling like usual but hey it happens sometimes it takes a while to get it right and sometimes you get drug up and down the field I’m just glad we have football man it’s been boring the last year without it

I expect the same score as the Chase game except your team wont' have any more than 2 scores at best.

All this “receivers can’t get open talk”, was always previously called, “the quarterback is holding onto the ball for too long. Now, you don’t even see it mentioned. Yes, he was under duress much of the game, but there were also plays last night, when the young man had time to grill burgers, and still took huge sacks. He does that against KM with Day Day Wilson, Javari Wilson, and company,.... Let’s just say, he best get rid of the ball, make a business decision. Definitely shorten the routes for this game, and no, Chopper, I’m definitely not a coach. But, KM has some thumpers on that D. I was very impressed with the Bulldog defense as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT