ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby @ Burns - Week 4

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
Might as well get it started. This could be a really good one! Most likely this one's for the conference championship

Won’t happen but what would the playoff picture look like if Shelby beats Burns and South Point beats Shelby and they all end up with one loss

Reactions: SHS LION
Shelby will have all team back next week, curious how they respond after this game.

Gotta get the D fixed or we will not beat Burns. This D was supposed to be shutdown type. I know loosing Jack was a big lose, but we just are not in the right place and kids look lost at times. Offense is doing well, good running game, QB looks good, and receivers did better at getting open tonight.

Well it's at Burns, David D. Told me only allowing Shelby 200 tickets, so home field a advantage to Burns there.
Both Teams are young in spots, both both have skill players.
This could be a toss up, earlier in year I'd call Shelby, but I'm not sure this team knows its Identity yet.
Guess we line them up see what happens

Sounds about right. SP is better than I am thought this year but still struggle with pass defense. It doesn’t help that they can’t pressure the Qb

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Gotta get the D fixed or we will not beat Burns. This D was supposed to be shutdown type. I know loosing Jack was a big lose, but we just are not in the right place and kids look lost at times. Offense is doing well, good running game, QB looks good, and receivers did better at getting open tonight.
I agree 100 percent. That D last night does not beat Burns or South Point.

Sweezy’s decisions will determine this game in my opinion. Burns defense is quick and stingy and I think with Shelby still trying to gel on offense it will cause some issues. Should be a good game this week though. Nothing that’s happened in prior weeks is going to impact this game as far as previous scores. It’s Burns Shelby, most likely the winner wins the conference and will have a huge impact on playoff picture for both teams regardless.

Sweezy’s decisions will determine this game in my opinion. Burns defense is quick and stingy and I think with Shelby still trying to gel on offense it will cause some issues. Should be a good game this week though. Nothing that’s happened in prior weeks is going to impact this game as far as previous scores. It’s Burns Shelby, most likely the winner wins the conference and will have a huge impact on playoff picture for both teams regardless.
You're exactly right throw everything out the window. I remember going up to Burns in 2018 and absolutely getting our butts handed to us. One of the worst defeats in recent memory. Our D coordinator has to figure it out and change us back to being aggressive and putting players where they belong. There aren't enough games this year to have time to figure it out. If you're doing that this year you will be sitting at home come playoff time.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21

3-4 is not working, kids are confused and making bad decisions. D can't play 3rd down to save their neck to get off the field. Averaging almost 100 yds in penalties per game which is totally unacceptable and killing any rhythm on both sides of the ball. Kick coverage, and QB having to field the snap on every other play are not helping matters either. I am sure others can ad to the list.

You're exactly right throw everything out the window. I remember going up to Burns in 2018 and absolutely getting our butts handed to us. One of the worst defeats in recent memory. Our D coordinator has to figure it out and change us back to being aggressive and putting players where they belong. There aren't enough games this year to have time to figure it out. If you're doing that this year you will be sitting at home come playoff time.
You must have a very short MEMORY KM 42 THE MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS 17!!!!!

You must have a very short MEMORY KM 42 THE MIGHTY GOLDEN LIONS 17!!!!!
The Burns game was one of the worst losses in the history of Shelby football.The KM loss was a horrible game by the Lions and a great game by the Mounties.Remember you lost to Crest who Shelby scored 52 on and barely beat AC who Shelby scored 59 on.

I expect another close one. A lot comes down to what players are and are not available on a given Friday night, as well as the adjustments that coaches are able to make week to week. Two very good coaching staffs and lots of very good athletes should make for the game of the week in 2A.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
I honestly don't have a feel for this game. I still think the edge goes to Shelby but the Shelby/Chase game confuses me.

Lion Attack you might be onto something here with the lost leadership from last year. Mitchell was a great leader last year too. A big step for this team is to see how the D coordinator adjusts going forward. Against RS and Chase the D just looked lost not to mention we have D linemen all over the place and very few LB's and we switch to a 3-4. That just doesn't add up. The run game has looked very good in all 3 games. The passing game appeared to have taken a step or two forward in the second have last week. Receivers started getting open, they are young at that spot and hopefully will improve with playing time. However if we don't get this D straightened out we will loose the next 3 games.

We will carry the game on the radio and also online (audio only) as follows:
Play-by-Play - Tom Centofanti
Color - Jeff Jones
1390 AM / 101.5 FM - WOHS
www.ktcbroadcasting.com - follow links for WOHS

We'll also have a "red zone" coverage from the studio on our YouTube channel during the length of all area games

Easy to forget that Shelby graduated or lost 9 starters on offense from last year
QB - Bess
WRs - Mitchell, Daley, Huskey
RB - Fuller
OL - Triplett, Mauney, Hougas, Kimble
4-5 of them are playing at the college level now

On Defense also lost 6 starters and several more off the 2-deep:
LBs - Hollifield, Stites, Tate - 2 playing D1 college
DBs - Christopher, Corry, Daley
DL Depth - E Mitchell, I Bridges, Z Hopper, T Carpenter

Ks - Sheely, Goss, Niblack

Also lost the Defensive Coordinator and installed a new Defensive formation -

The new starting QB came from a different school that ran a different offense, so no experience with the Shelby offense and no rapport with the Shelby WRs - and with COVID-19 got no 7-on-7 time or extra practice to gel with the new teammates...throw in the basketball team making a deep run past the first football game date, and then the team has also had starters out with various injuries, ailments over the first 3 weeks - the weeks you are typically playing non-conference teams and learning your roles....

All this to say, trust the coaches and see what happens the remaining 4 regular season games

Easy to forget that Shelby graduated or lost 9 starters on offense from last year
QB - Bess
RB - Fuller

The new starting QB came from a different school that ran a different offense, so no experience with the Shelby offense and no rapport with the Shelby WRs - and with COVID-19 got no 7-on-7 time or extra practice to gel with the new teammates...throw in the basketball team making a deep run past the first football game date, and then the team has also had starters out with various injuries, ailments over the first 3 weeks - the weeks you are typically playing non-conference teams and learning your roles....

All this to say, trust the coaches and see what happens the remaining 4 regular season games

Excuses already..........hmmm........

QB - Bess
RB - Fuller

Best advice you can give your fan base. Trust the coaches.

Reactions: bralpa
We will carry the game on the radio and also online (audio only) as follows:
Play-by-Play - Tom Centofanti
Color - Jeff Jones
1390 AM / 101.5 FM - WOHS
www.ktcbroadcasting.com - follow links for WOHS

We'll also have a "red zone" coverage from the studio on our YouTube channel during the length of all area games
I thought David Allen had live streaming options available.

I'm really thinking this could be a very good game. Both Shelby & Burns have weakness to be exploited... Both also have strengths they will use... My gut say

Reactions: Lion Attack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT