ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby and Burns rd 2 in rd 2

There was something to be said about this in the first game also….so they made it a point to come out and try to get under our skin before the game even thought about getting going. Ol willbanks was right there with them around the logo too!
Let me be clear on this…he wasn’t stomping the logo…but he was right there letting it go on. Along with another coach doing it.

From the Shelby Star this morning

Welcoming rival Shelby for a 2A West second-round playoff football game, the opportunity to continue its pursuit of state gold was more than enough. That was, until Golden Lions players stomped on Burns’ midfield logo prior to kickoff.

From Shelby Lion:

What idiot or idiots from Shelby thought this was a good idea? Who allows such garbage? On facebook some are saying even one of the Shelby coaches was involved and it was "big news" in the pre-game talks for Burns...

Complete and total disrespect.... Good for you Burns throat punching them into a running clock, that's what the clowns that did it, condoned it or partook in it deserved.. If a coach was involved remove him from the staff.....

Disgusting and dont even roll up in here with kids will be kids crap... This is NOT the Shelby way....
There was at least one coach from Shelby involved. I watched it from my seat at the top of the stands. Could hear all the yelling and commotion from where I was at. Was crazy

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It’s a rival game, do whatever the hell you like before pregame, but back it up on the field during the game. Shelby didn’t do that, burns did. Ain’t no point of talking bout no disrespect before the game, when burns kicked our as and disrespect us all during the game

It’s a rival game, do whatever the hell you like before pregame, but back it up on the field during the game. Shelby didn’t do that, burns did. Ain’t no point of talking bout no disrespect before the game, when burns kicked our as and disrespect us all during the game
Agreed. I could care less about it actually.

Reactions: NC Joker
The irony about the stomping the logo thing is Shelby was on the receiving end of it I believe in 2000 against Maiden when they stomped on the Lion at Shelby and now the shoe is on the other foot.
No they didn’t stomp the Lion they did the pile on , on the fifty

I was salty earlier been up since 3am … I’ll never agree with with the stomping thing ! Imagine a Jim Taylor , Chris Norman, Ron Greene coached teams doing it ! Wouldn’t happen

Welcoming rival Shelby for a 2A West second-round playoff football game, the opportunity to continue its pursuit of state gold was more than enough. That was, until Golden Lions players stomped on Burns’ midfield logo prior to kickoff.

From Shelby Lion:

What idiot or idiots from Shelby thought this was a good idea? Who allows such garbage? On facebook some are saying even one of the Shelby coaches was involved and it was "big news" in the pre-game talks for Burns...

Complete and total disrespect.... Good for you Burns throat punching them into a running clock, that's what the clowns that did it, condoned it or partook in it deserved.. If a coach was involved remove him from the staff.....

Disgusting and dont even roll up in here with kids will be kids crap... This is NOT the Shelby way....
Did the Shelby coach flip a finger to the Burns crowd? If not, Burns still one up lol.

If I was a teen, and on the team, I likely would have been stomping the logo, too, as would many of you in your youth. It’s a rivalry game. As with with the Crest game, many of the players are related and close friends. Hugs, pictures, and “dap ups” at the end as always.

These kids also emulate what they are seeing on tv, whenever you watch a fierce rivalry game. You see these same shenanigans in the pregame. Easy to talk this righteous crap when you’re old. It’s not that serious. Besides, a Burns player threw a haymaker in the previous game that Butterbean would have been jealous of. Very little was said about that.

Last edited:
If I was a teen, and on the team, I would have been stomping the logo, too, as would many of you in your youth. It’s a rivalry game. As with with the Crest game, many of the players are related and close friends. Hugs, pictures, and “dap ups” at the end as always.

These kids also emulate what they are seeing on tv, whenever you watch a fierce rivalry game. You see these same shenanigans in the pregame. Easy to talk this righteous crap when you’re old. It’s not that serious. Besides, a Burns player threw a haymaker in the previous game that Butterbean would have been jealous of. Very little was said about that.
Family Feud!!!!!

Reactions: Lion Attack
Did Shelby ever get in the Red Zone? Serious question.
I may be mis-remembering, but they got there once when it was 21-0 and went for it on 4th down and didn't get it. Am I missing one?

On a side note, let's give it up for our kicker who made all of the extra points last night. We've struggled with that a lot of the year and dadgum if he wasn't perfect on a rainy night.

Good to see most Shelby fans being congratulatory and taking it. Dont think either side saw the game snowball like that and get that out of hand. Momentum is a scary thing. Want to point out the laugh of the night. One shelby fan claimed Burns was "cheating" with their "insided kicks" and thats not championship football...what a moron. Somebody should have left their drunk uncle at the crib.

If I was a teen, and on the team, I likely would have been stomping the logo, too, as would many of you in your youth. It’s a rivalry game. As with with the Crest game, many of the players are related and close friends. Hugs, pictures, and “dap ups” at the end as always.

My man called me old LOL!! Yes sir you are ,as always correct in the above assessment ! Even the old part !

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek

From Shelby Lion:

TOLD YALL. COACHES ARE BAD! WHO DECIDED HAVE THAT FILM CREW RECORD US THIS YEAR? HOW DO TWO STAR PLAYERS GET KICKED OFF THE TEAM LIKE THIS? WHEN HAS SHELBY EVER BEEN BEATEN LIKE THIS!!! BURNS IS A GREAT TEAM BUT CMON!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
There was something to be said about this in the first game also….so they made it a point to come out and try to get under our skin before the game even thought about getting going. Ol willbanks was right there with them around the logo too!
YUP. HE'S THE LEADER OF THIS CRAP!

I actually played for Shelby. Under Taylor, Norman, and Ware.

This is not shelby football. No we didn't win every game, but we class and faught hard. Shelby gave up after the 1st quarter.

Theyve been giving up since Ac reynolds.

Sad.

Go Burns, bring it home!

Facebook is wrong didn't lose a game in 1968,
As the guy who brought that up on Facebook, that wasn’t the question.

And Jeff Jones said on the radio there had been around 20 such times since 1968 when Shelby played a team once in the regular season and once in the playoffs and not once did they lose both of those meetings. Until Thursday. So to answer @notanyonesfan ’s question it’s likely that we were the first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT