ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby and Burns rd 2 in rd 2

Easy to say that after seeing Shelby lose the way that they did. Maybe Burns is that special. Shelby wasn’t as bad Burns made them look, though.
U could be right. Burns early momentum killed the lions. Shelby kids looked defeated in 2nd Qtr. If the played again I would expect a 7-10 pt. spread. But back to Chase, doubtful your D could have contained Chase rushing attack.

U could be right. Burns early momentum killed the lions. Shelby kids looked defeated in 2nd Qtr. If the played again I would expect a 7-10 pt. spread. But back to Chase, doubtful your D could have contained Chase rushing attack.
Burns and those pop up kicks. Couldn’t help wondering was that influenced by Wallace Rose Hill. They had some freaky onside/pop kick every time they kicked the ball off to Shelby in the state championship. Burns going up 14-0 so fast just deflated the Lions. You could see it in their body language. Great game plan by Burns. Devine put together a masterpiece. They are legit.

As for Chase, could they defend the pass? Could they throw it proficiently enough to keep the Shelby D honest, and from loading the box? Who knows? You could be right as well.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
2017 vs South Pointe (Rock Hill)
Thanks, the last one I saw on the Team Pages was the 2012 AL Brown debacle. I really wish Carolina Preps and NC Preps had not merged because losing the Team Pages with all the historical scores has not been worth it. Chris Hughes has tried to put it back up but as you might expect it is not even close to being done. Easier to update every year than to put the whole thing back up on the Internet.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I actually played for Shelby. Under Taylor, Norman, and Ware.

This is not shelby football. No we didn't win every game, but we class and faught hard. Shelby gave up after the 1st quarter.

Theyve been giving up since Ac reynolds.

Sad.

Go Burns, bring it home!

What is the time span between these coaches tenure?

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
And if they played after that game (the third game of the season) Shelby would have lost 84-0 (their forth meeting). What ifs are meaningless.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
If I was a teen, and on the team, I likely would have been stomping the logo, too, as would many of you in your youth. It’s a rivalry game. As with with the Crest game, many of the players are related and close friends. Hugs, pictures, and “dap ups” at the end as always.

These kids also emulate what they are seeing on tv, whenever you watch a fierce rivalry game. You see these same shenanigans in the pregame. Easy to talk this righteous crap when you’re old. It’s not that serious. Besides, a Burns player threw a haymaker in the previous game that Butterbean would have been jealous of. Very little was said about that.
I don’t have a dog in this fight and honestly don’t have a problem with it either way, but I was told by someone I know and trust that was right there in the middle of it and witnessed the whole experience. This person said it didn’t happen exactly the way it’s being told on social media. Right, wrong or indifferent, both teams crossed the line to provoke the situation. No harm no foul….it’s a great rivalry. Think about it - We’ve all done worse. I love the piss and vinegar….just back it up or deal with the consequences.

Shelby couldn't stop a team of old men from the rest home who's batteries on their Jazzy's ran out. We were just that bad on the D side of the ball this year.

Shelby couldn't stop a team of old men from the rest home who's batteries on their Jazzy's ran out. We were just that bad on the D side of the ball this year.
I did just discover another interesting stat.In the last 9 years Shelby has won as many State Championships as Crest,Burns,and KM combined in their entire history. Just crazy.

Very surprised to see on twitter yesterday that the Dover kid was transferring from Shelby to Gaffney..

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Just saw on facespace or maybe it was the tweeter machine that Shelby is replacing Hibriten next season week four with Olympic out of Charlotte... didnt know where else to post this so here you go Shelby folks

the end
Olympic is reduced to 3A in that mixed Charlotte conference

2ndtoNon98ChampDynastySupperClub King better not beat his chest and nag the Charlotte 4A posters about a win over Olympic IF ya'll are luckey enough to get one. If I see him over there after that week it's on site...

Olympic is reduced to 3A in that mixed Charlotte conference

2ndtoNon98ChampDynastySupperClub King better not beat his chest and nag the Charlotte 4A posters about a win over Olympic IF ya'll are luckey enough to get one. If I see him over there after that week it's on site...
Olympic is not that good. Plain and simple. Not that bad either

Olympic is not that good. Plain and simple. Not that bad either
Lost one game last year in 4A football, went
11 -1. There you go with that tactic you’re always pulling, downplaying a Shelby opponent in advance, so in the event Shelby does win versus this 4A opponent, it’s no big deal. They weren’t any good.

Last edited:
11 -1. There you go with that tactic you’re always pulling, downplaying a Shelby opponent in advance, so in the event Shelby does win versus this 4A opponent, it’s no big deal. They weren’t any good.

That's a solid game. You guys knew Hibriten will be probably be down, so that's a good adjustment. I hope we can make a similar adjustment. Western Alamance is solid, but I think we can upgrade that one. We can continue the Page and Eastern Alamance series.

Reactions: Lion Attack
That's a solid game. You guys knew Hibriten will be probably be down, so that's a good adjustment. I hope we can make a similar adjustment. Western Alamance is solid, but I think we can upgrade that one. We can continue the Page and Eastern Alamance series.
Exactly, bro! That was a “RPI move”, no doubt.

Did you see their schedule. Lol I actually went to a game this season. So this time you can’t say I’m down playing. I still expect them to be in a tight game with Shelby though. They are big to say the least. Lost 2nd round in 4a playoffs . Same level as page high school maybe a bit better

Did you see their schedule. Lol I actually went to a game this season. So this time you can’t say I’m down playing. I still expect them to be in a tight game with Shelby though. They are big to say the least. Lost 2nd round in 4a playoffs . Same level as page high school maybe a bit better
You tickle me, bro😂

Reactions: FACT24
That’s my point. It’s a good move for Shelby but it’s equivalent as Page is for us. I never said Shelby had an easy game. Any mid level 4a is going to give a 2a team a tough time. That’s just facts.

Mt Tabor, West Forsyth, or Dudley?

Mt Tabor, West Forsyth, or Dudley?
We would love any of the above. Our problem is that in this area teams have problems losing to smaller schools so they don’t like chancing it on us. Dudley is the dream. Unfortunately don’t see it happen.

We would love any of the above. Our problem is that in this area teams have problems losing to smaller schools so they don’t like chancing it on us. Dudley is the dream. Unfortunately don’t see it happen.

Come down to 704 and try one of those, they most likely wouldn't say no. There's so many in each county to choose from. North Meck, South Point, Shelby(they might say no)?

Why is this thread still running, y’all are irrelevant right now

ED and Reidsville are the shining stars

I did just discover another interesting stat.In the last 9 years Shelby has won as many State Championships as Crest,Burns,and KM combined in their entire history. Just crazy.
That's lame. Those 2a tiles don't mean much to Crest. Heck some of those are ours anyway 14 and 15 for sure. Plus KM has never won one despite the fact that they're were playing football in Bethlehem the day Jesus was born and Burns has one in 1994 and by proxy that's ours too. But they have them fireworks when they run in. '"WE THE NORTH" - LOL

On another note. We're still finding bits of your safety's ankle bones and as soon as we have the whole ankle we'll box it up and send it over there so Shelby can use them for a study in how not to play safety. Or we can crush them up and sprinkle them on your field next year as a memorial right before we stick both cleats in your buttholes.

Last edited:
That’s my point. It’s a good move for Shelby but it’s equivalent as Page is for us. I never said Shelby had an easy game. Any mid level 4a is going to give a 2a team a tough time. That’s just facts.
So mid level in 4a is 11 and 1? So every team above mid level is undefeated?

Ask Burns and South Point how many titles they have in 2a.
I don't care. I told you 2a just don't mean much to us. We know why ya'll do not ask to play up like Huss and stay in the weakest conference that ever existed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT