ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTLAND VS. MALLARD CREEK....GAME WEEK!

I can't imagine FEAR, being an element of consideration this early in the season for Mallard Creek so much as they have a history of playing the big games right out of the gate. Nothing new to their staff and some of the players. After the first contact the fear dissolves into the elements of the game for both teams and there's no time to think about fear. Think about it and it can cost a big mistake. Scotland on the other hand may have a few more butterflies because they haven't started the season in such magnitude against a ranked team, however they too will settle in after some contact. Hopefully it will be what has been anticipated, and hopefully no blowout, and a safe game for both team. I may be wrong but im thinking home field advantage will be the difference. Scotland by 6. Remember, its the first game. Bragging rights is all that can be obtained. Alot more football left. The end of the year is the real deal. Good Luck!

Reactions: swett2victory
geez just completed my 4th trip to the school for tickets
for folks coming in, reserved in the middle beginning to get scarce, besides singles only available is top few rows just below press box. you wont be seeing that
half full middle section like you see a lot of places this Thursday night, 2 days 7 hrs. we'll be in the 1st quarter..

Not real sure that you should be concerned about the Scots in November and December. The last time I looked at the schedule you guys have them in August. For the reason you should be very afraid.

Afraid?? LMAO. Plenty of things scare me. HS football teams have never been one of them.

Man, not much going on in the Burg. You guys taken this way too seriously. Guys with countdowns down to the hour. Settle down boys your gonna explode!!

Last edited:
Can't wait for this game. Coming down from Forsyth to see it. I'm honestly more worried about Scotland based off what happened last year with Cape Fear. Is this team that better? I also see that Mallard Creek is young. I've only seen them place one and they were some big kids. This game is truly a mystery.

Reactions: Champ_24
So I mostly hang around the 1A forum discussing my high school. But since I now reside in Scotland County I thought I would venture over to see what sort of chatter was going on regarding this game. I just left a luncheon where Coach Bailey spoke and I have to say I'm excited to watch some Fighting Scots football. I get the feel that this game is going to be a slugfest, but after listening to Coach Bailey I feel confident he has the team prepared for this game. I'm looking forward to Thursday night!

He is a perfect fit for the patriots
Can't wait for this game. Coming down from Forsyth to see it. I'm honestly more worried about Scotland based off what happened last year with Cape Fear. Is this team that better? I also see that Mallard Creek is young. I've only seen them place one and they were some big kids. This game is truly a mystery.
Cape Fear was a an outlier with all do respect. Sometimes the stars just line up. We will find out if they are better in about 56 hours. MC has a lot of questions as well. They didn't set the world on fire last year as I recall. This will be a game with loads of D1 and potential D1 talent and the team that can muster any type of passing and limit the big play will win. I believe both D's will be way better than the offenses at this juncture of the season.

Cape Fear was a an outlier with all do respect. Sometimes the stars just line up. We will find out if they are better in about 56 hours. MC has a lot of questions as well. They didn't set the world on fire last year as I recall. This will be a game with loads of D1 and potential D1 talent and the team that can muster any type of passing and limit the big play will win. I believe both D's will be way better than the offenses at this juncture of the season.

No outlier here. Played poorly and got beat by better teams.

It is rare you can fumble inside your own 30 twice and once on the 15 going in and win against a good team. If it happens on Thursday, Scotland wont win that one either.

DHT0RODXYAAAdjp.jpg

fill it up Thursday night

Afraid?? LMAO. Plenty of things scare me. HS football teams have never been one of them.

Man, not much going on in the Burg. You guys taken this way too seriously. Guys with countdowns down to the hour. Settle down boys your gonna explode!!
I'm finally going to agree with something that you said. There is not much going on in Laurinburg. We are a very small rural town in Southeastern N.C. However when the high school football season starts the sleeping giant awakes. Thursday night the measuring stick, the most talked about team over the last decade comes to town. The nationally known team with the highly publicized Under Armour contact comes to town, the team with all the accolades. For years on these very boards Chalotte area fans have been real quick to tell us exactly what The Creek would do to our beloved Scots if they ever got the chance. Well you finally have your chance. Excuse us for getting just a little bit excited because we get the chance to see exactly where we stack up against Goliath!

Reactions: DreadScot
We will find out if they are better in about 56 hours. MC has a lot of questions as well. They didn't set the world on fire last year as I recall. This will be a game with loads of D1 and potential D1 talent and the team that can muster any type of passing and limit the big play will win. I believe both D's will be way better than the offenses at this juncture of the season.

As the week goes by JMAC kind of leaning the same
way 14-7 might be the way it goes. Will Scot keep plugging away if we're not moving it effectively, it might pay off late in waring MC down. As long as
things stay within one score.
First game will come with its share of mistakes,
a qb that's been in the program for about 3 weeks
for Scotland. Lots of new starters for MC

As the week goes by JMAC kind of leaning the same
way 14-7 might be the way it goes. Will Scot keep plugging away if we're not moving it effectively, it might pay off late in waring MC down. As long as
things stay within one score.
First game will come with its share of mistakes,
a qb that's been in the program for about 3 weeks
for Scotland. Lots of new starters for MC
There may be mistakes made so yall Scotland fans might as well get all your bad language out now. Asume the worst up against MC but hope for the best. Scotswin is correct, 3 weeks is how long the QB has been with the team and his first 4A game on a big stage. Make no mistake though, it has been said this QB can make things happen under pressure. DO NOT SLEEP ON HIM

Don't underestimate that win was earned. Were not talking about Garinger here guys I guarantee ur gonna need some qb play because creek is definitely looking 2 take that running game out.

Don't underestimate that win was earned. Were not talking about Garinger here guys I guarantee ur gonna need some qb play because creek is definitely looking 2 take that running game out.
I agree that Mallard Creek wants to take away our running game, there is no doubt about that. The real question to be answered Thursday night is....Can they?

Really no different than what happened with South Pointe , Vance, and Butler

Probably should have been clearer. I was reffering to Mallard Creeks losses. All 3 games MC got beat because they played poorly against very good teams.

You play one of the toughest schedules in the state just about every year and you avg 165 yards in penalties like they did in those games you get beat. Pretty simple.

When good teams play like we will have on Thursday night it almost always comes down to who plays cleaner. Less penalties, turnovers, special teams etc,etc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT