ADVERTISEMENT

SCOTLAND VS. MALLARD CREEK....GAME WEEK!

We had a kid a few years ago with pretty good talent. Won 2 rings in 3 years of High School and another 1 last year in JUCO. Could kick, throw, place hold, kick, punt, return kicks, played in the band at half time and drove the opposing team home. Not too shabby.
Yea well we are not talking about him while he was great and had some amazing tools he is not mentioned in the same light as White. This is not coming from me this is from folks that know a shit load more about football than you and I. A NFL coach has weighed in on white to me and he said point blank he is on that same elite level physically compared to rb's over the last 20 years. Its not always NB and SC you guys get a team that is competitive this year and get ready for a 3 hour ride. See you soon! Hope you are really good. I mean really good! its only fun when you guys are really good and we will be really good. How good time will tell.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
It was in response to blue and gold all in fun and jest. However the kid has as much physical talent as anyone to come out of this state in over 20 years IMO (very hard to argue). That type of talent can take you anywhere brother. The only player with more talent to have played in NC that I can recall is Tim Worley and while he didn't play up to his full potential He had damn good career before other issues set in. White is that damn good!

Jaylen Samuels played 4 years ago. 54 TD in one season. Had over a 1000yds in receptions & rushing in one season. While sharing the backfield with a 2000 yd rusher. Paul Hornung Award watch list which goes to College Footballs most versatile player. Preseason 1st team All American. Not as fast, but he can match White in every other category. Definitely more versatile. Played TE, Slot, Rb. Better know as the Swiss Army Knife.

Last edited:
I'm talking about him, though. Coaches have said the same thing to Coach Curlings, as well.

No one said anything about comparing New Bern to SC.

He'll be back in the limelight this year and we'll see what he can do for the next couple of years.

Get that monkey off your coaches back this year.

How about 4 years? 54 TD in one season. Had over a 1000yds in receptions & rushing in one season. While sharing the backfield with a 2000 yd rusher. Paul Hornung Award watch list which goes to College Footballs most versatile player. Preseason 1st team All American. Not as fast, but he can match White in every other category. Definitely more versatile. Played TE, Slot, Rb. Better know as the Swiss Army Knife.

He also has a ring

He also has a ring
That will get you a .25 and some pats on the back and some memories that will fade as you do more important things in life. I have an ACC championship ring and its somewhere in my wife's jewelry box and the only time I talk about it or anyone else is when us old farts get together for a beer and cigar. Now with that being said Samuels is one of my favorites and I love his game so you will not hear me knock him. Also he has stayed out of trouble and will be getting a nice pay day if he is blessed with another year like last. The other kid I have no idea. I don't even know where he plays. It was UNC Cheats but I think he is at Iowa State or KSU. I hope he gets a pay day as well he was a great player in his own rights but I will take White you guys can take your guys. All good! A ring doesn't diminish White and if you think so you are probably someone who has never played or won anything and I know nothing about any of you! So heres to a great year of football.

That will get you a .25 and some pats on the back and some memories that will fade as you do more important things in life. I have an ACC championship ring and its somewhere in my wife's jewelry box and the only time I talk about it or anyone else is when us old farts get together for a beer and cigar. Now with that being said Samuels is one of my favorites and I love his game so you will not hear me knock him. Also he has stayed out of trouble and will be getting a nice pay day if he is blessed with another year like last. The other kid I have no idea. I don't even know where he plays. It was UNC Cheats but I think he is at Iowa State or KSU. I hope he gets a pay day as well he was a great player in his own rights but I will take White you guys can take your guys. All good! A ring doesn't diminish White and if you think so you are probably someone who has never played or won anything and I know nothing about any of you! So heres to a great year of football.

He is set to announce here shortly. He won yet another ring this past year and was All-Conference with a program that has produced some talent.

Little blurb on him here.
http://www.gobroncbusters.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/20161115zcyvjq

I'll take my guy that can literally, do it all, as he proved not long ago to you and other posters on here. When you need someone in a pinch, it's pretty valuable to have a kid that can throw, catch, return and kick, effectively.

Looking forward to watching White, Hughes and Samuels this year.

Like this years Team. Nobody knew about Jaylen Samuels before the season. We didn't post baby pictures of his 1st time running like the Scotland guys have done with White.

He didn't have video highlights that guys could post on every thread. Outside of Mallard Creek, very few people knew anything about him going into his Senior year. He had zero Stars after the season. Rivals decided to give him 3 stars after he committed to NC. State. MC has been showcasing players under the radar, since it opened. A lot of them will be playing this Thursday.

May both team make it out injury free.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
Jaylen Samuels played 4 years ago. 54 TD in one season. Had over a 1000yds in receptions & rushing in one season. While sharing the backfield with a 2000 yd rusher. Paul Hornung Award watch list which goes to College Footballs most versatile player. Preseason 1st team All American. Not as fast, but he can match White in every other category. Definitely more versatile. Played TE, Slot, Rb. Better know as the Swiss Army Knife.

That boy BAD.....all I needed is the first 2 minutes. IM SOLD
Glad hes not playing Thursday Geeeezzzzzz

White is a once in a generation kid. He also hasnt won anything on the HS level. My commentary is all tongue in cheek. You and I know all speculation is moot. Could be that a ring at the HS level is the highlight. I sincerely hope not but if you would like me to list the #1 RB's in the country who never cashed a check I am happy to do so.

If he never plays a game at the next level he has still been a remarkable back and I look forward to seeing him live for the first time Thursday.

Oddly enough, White was fairly unknown around here entering high school. There was a lot more hype around Ty McLaurin (the Crest Transfer) and Smiley. 90% of Scotland's top talent comes through the same middle school and that coach will still tell you, in middle school he was good, but not the best player he had seen at that middle school level. Something clicked for him after middle school.

Had it not been for an injury in the varsity running backs entering his freshman year, he would have likely played JV. So as it would be, they needed him on varsity for depth. Luckily the first game of the season gave us a large enough lead in the second half to get him some PT. As we know, he took that first touch the distance and many were asking then, who is 34? By the end of that season, before the first highlight video, 247 ranked him #1 and that has stuck along the way. That spring he received the majority of his offers. only Alabama and Clemson waited till the following year.

Point being all along the way, things change. At the end of the day what really matters is he is a superb young man. He is never too busy to take a moment with the kids or take pictures with opposing players after the game, even at times after he has already made it to his car. On top of that, he works his tail off. He took two days off after last season before going back to the gym. Yesterday morning, he was out getting a run in at 7 am. If you ever see him at practice, he takes every carry at full speed and takes it 50 yards down the field. It is one reason he gets stronger as the game goes on. I hope that he has a long fulfilling career and invest back into this community of ours. As Blue and Gold said, he is once in a generation type kid. The odds of seeing a kid like that in this small town ever again are slim. I'm glad we have had the opportunity for a front row seat.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, White was fairly unknown around here entering high school. There was a lot more hype around Ty McLaurin (the Crest Transfer) and Smiley. 90% of Scotland's top talent comes through the same middle school and that coach will still tell you, in middle school he was good, but not the best player he had seen at that middle school level. Something clicked for him after middle school.

Had it not been for an injury in the varsity running backs entering his freshman year, he would have likely played JV. So as it would be, they needed him on varsity for depth. Luckily the first game of the season gave us a large enough lead in the second half to get him some PT. As we know, he took that first touch the distance and many were asking then, who is 34? By the end of that season, before the first highlight video, 247 ranked him #1 and that has stuck along the way. That spring he received the majority of his offers. only Alabama and Clemson waited till the following year.

Point being all along the way, things change. At the end of the day what really matters is he is a superb young man. He is never too busy to take a moment with the kids or take pictures with opposing players after the game, even at times after he has already made it to his car. On top of that, he works his tail off. He took two days off after last season before going back to the gym. Yesterday morning, he was out getting a run in at 7 am. If you ever see him at practice, he takes every carry at full speed and takes it 50 yards down the field. It is one reason he gets stronger as the game goes on. I hope that he has long fulfilling career and invest back into this community of ours. As Blue and Gold said, he is once in a generation type kid. The odds of seeing a kid like that in this small town ever again are slim. I'm glad we have had the opportunity for a front row seat.
Beautiful words Scotland. I about freaking cried a river

I'm talking about him, though. Coaches have said the same thing to Coach Curlings, as well.

No one said anything about comparing New Bern to SC.

He'll be back in the limelight this year and we'll see what he can do for the next couple of years.

Get that monkey off your coaches back this year.
What happen 2 him @ Carolina.we really wants 2 know.

Point being all along the way, things change. At the end of the day what really matters is he is a superb young man. He is never too busy to take a moment with the kids or take pictures with opposing players after the game, even at times after he has already made it to his car. On top of that, he works his tail off. He took two days off after last season before going back to the gym. Yesterday morning, he was out getting a run in at 7 am. If you ever see him at practice, he takes every carry at full speed and takes it 50 yards down the field. It is one reason he gets stronger as the game goes on. I hope that he has a long fulfilling career and invest back into this community of ours. As Blue and Gold said, he is once in a generation type kid. The odds of seeing a kid like that in this small town ever again are slim. I'm glad we have had the opportunity for a front row seat.

Two of Mallard Creek players saved 4 kittens from a burning building!

like we said b 4 ncaa d1 football is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than high football .he learned d hard way.

He learned a lot last year winning yet another ring and being named All-Conference and defensive player of the year. He'll be back and better than ever this upcoming year. He'll be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better this year.

He learned a lot last year winning yet another ring and being named All-Conference and defensive player of the year. He'll be back and better than ever this upcoming year. He'll be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better this year.
My goodness I hope you get paid by this kid if he hits it big (you should you have marketed the shit out of this kid on this site and others). Are you sniffing something? He is gone now and he ain't coming back through the door as the great Bill Hayes once said!

My goodness I hope you get paid by this kid if he hits it big (you should you have marketed the shit out of this kid on this site and others). Are you sniffing something? He is gone now and he ain't coming back through the door as the great Bill Hayes once said!

LOL. Coming from a Scot fan, rich! I'll absolutely market the shit out of him, love me some Mike! Great kid with a great family. I'm sniffing the humidity over here in the Bern, it's pretty hot. I wasn't just a fan in High School, I'm one while he's in College and will be one when he goes to the NFL! Go Bears and go Big Mike!

Or it just may be my excitement carrying over from finding out I'm having a son later this year! The wife wants me to come up with a list of names by the end of the week. So far here is what I have.......

1.Mike
2.Michael
3.Big Mike
4. Big Michael
5.MikeHughes

Reactions: viking1504
LOL. Coming from a Scot fan, rich! I'll absolutely market the shit out of him, love me some Mike! Great kid with a great family. I'm sniffing the humidity over here in the Bern, it's pretty hot. I wasn't just a fan in High School, I'm one while he's in College and will be one when he goes to the NFL! Go Bears and go Big Mike!
You are sniffing his jock and as a grown man you might want to back off. Just saying!

As always looking out for my folks in NB don't want you to ever think I don't care - lol! Now go out there and you and HHS beat each other to a pulp so we can roll into to Durham and beat them like we did the last time we saw them - LOL!

Last edited:
Appreciate it, as always. Looking forward to watching you guys Thursday and New Bern/Hillside on Friday! I think the Hornets are going to be really good this year, the question is just when.

Jaylen Samuels most underrated player I remember and as versatile as any although not required to do as much all around as some due to the depth and quality of his team. Same class as Hood so it took some spotlight as Hood came into the season with big exposure.

Jaylen Samuels most underrated player I remember and as versatile as any although not required to do as much all around as some due to the depth and quality of his team. Same class as Hood so it took some spotlight as Hood came into the season with big exposure.

This is Lawrence Pittman the other RB in that same backfield. Wingate got a steal....he is setting records

I love reading about all these great FORMER plays from other schools. It's a real shame that they can't help their FORMER teams THIS year!

I love reading about all these great FORMER plays from other schools. It's a real shame that they can't help their FORMER teams THIS year!

Yep! We're in trouble. To bad we don't have film on guys that can help us on Thursday.

Last edited:
Watch all the film you can get your hands on. It's not that hard to stop us in the film room or on the practice field. When you step across the white lines on Thursday night it is an entirely different story.

Watch all the film you can get your hands on. It's not that hard to stop us in the film room or on the practice field. When you step across the white lines on Thursday night it is an entirely different story.

We will give it our best shot!

Arrogant bunch
who
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT