ADVERTISEMENT

RPI Playoff Seeding, What Will It Be ?

Well Albemarle took the 1a/2a conference ship tonight so I’m sure that will change somethings come playoffs
Congrats to Albemarle but with South Stanley losing didn't matter as far as the playoffs if they won the whole conference or not they would have been the 1A champions and still would have gotten seeded with the other conference champions which I probably make them #10 seed if I'm right there are 10 conferences with two more 1A schools and last I looked they have the lowest rpi of the Con Camps.unless the new RPI #'s change .
The 11th 1A/2A Polk is the only 1A school in their conference so they don't qualify.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Congrats to Albemarle but with South Stanley losing didn't matter as far as the playoffs if they won the whole conference or not they would have been the 1A champions and still would have gotten seeded with the other conference champions which I probably make them #10 seed if I'm right there are 10 conferences with two more 1A schools and last I looked they have the lowest rpi of the Con Camps.unless the new RPI #'s change .
The 11th 1A/2A Polk is the only 1A school in their conference so they don't qualify.
How will Mitchell do in the RPI seeding ?

9 conferences. Polk lost.
Only 8 champs.
South stNly 21 seed now

Reactions: thekidd12
How will Mitchell do in the RPI seeding ?
I don't know. They're #12 in the RPI from the looks of it that's probably where they'll stay. Just spit balling take with a grain of salt but I assume if they stay @ 12 after you seed all the confidence champions I guess it would make them like a #18 seed. Again just a guess someone else may have a better idea.

Reactions: thekidd12
9 conferences. Polk lost.
Only 8 champs.
South stNly 21 seed now
Well I wasn't sure on the nchsaa website they've got 11 conferences listed including Polk for 1A schools but Polk is the only 1A in theirs so they can't automatically qualify.
"The highest finishing team from a given classification in a split conference will automatically qualify,regardless of overall conference finish, provided there are at least two schools from each classification in that split confernce."
And since they lost they're below.500 plus not at least 3rd overall in their conference.
but that leaves 10 conferences.

Well I wasn't sure on the nchsaa website they've got 11 conferences listed including Polk for 1A schools but Polk is the only 1A in theirs so they can't automatically qualify.
"The highest finishing team from a given classification in a split conference will automatically qualify,regardless of overall conference finish, provided there are at least two schools from each classification in that split confernce."
And since they lost they're below.500 plus not at least 3rd overall in their conference.
but that leaves 10 conferences.
Smc
Northwest
Catawba
Piedmont
Yadkin
Mtn foothills
Central Carolina
Western highlands
Southern Piedmont
That's nine

Smc
Northwest
Catawba
Piedmont
Yadkin
Mtn foothills
Central Carolina
Western highlands
Southern Piedmont
That's nine
PAC7 BK?
Edited by me I see where you put PIEDMONT. Not used to seeing it's government name I guess.
Sorry

Reactions: BK13T-$
Conference champions or at least the 1A in a split conference & current RPI as of October 28th @ 8:24am

1_Smoky Mountain 1A
Robbinsville(0.70561)
2_Northwest 1A
Mount Airy (0.65408)
3_Piedmont Athletic 1A/2A
Eastern Randolph (0.64978)
4_Central Carolina 1A/2A
North Rowan (0.60833)
5_Western Highlands 1A/2A
Mtn Heritage (0.59401)
6_Yadkin Valley 1A/2A
Albemarle (0.48693)
7_Football Only Conference A (combination of Northwest Piedmont 1A & Catawba Shores Athletic 1A/2A)
Bishop McGuinness (0.47253)
8_Southern Piedmont 1A/2A
Bessemer City (0.45313)

Last edited:
UPDATED RPI

1_Smoky Mountain 1A
Robbinsville( 0.70553)

2_Northwest 1A
Mount Airy (0.65322)

Eastern Randolph ( 0.65203)

4_Central Carolina 1A/2A
North Rowan (0.61000)

Mtn Heritage ( 0.59493)

6_Yadkin Valley 1A/2A
Albemarle (0.48919)

7_Football Only Conference A ( combination of Northwest Piedmont 1A & Catawba Shores Athletic 1A/2A)
Bishop McGuinness (I assume. They're tied 4-3 in the conference with Mtn Island but won in the head to head). ( 0.48682)

Bessemer City (0.45192)

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
UPDATED RPI

1_Smoky Mountain 1A
Robbinsville( 0.70553)

2_Northwest 1A
Mount Airy (0.65322)

Eastern Randolph ( 0.65203)

4_Central Carolina 1A/2A
North Rowan (0.61000)

Mtn Heritage ( 0.59493)

6_Yadkin Valley 1A/2A
Albemarle (0.48919)

7_Football Only Conference A ( combination of Northwest Piedmont 1A & Catawba Shores Athletic 1A/2A)
Bishop McGuinness (I assume. They're tied 4-3 in the conference with Mtn Island but won in the head to head). ( 0.48682)

Bessemer City (0.45192)
A potential ER/Albemarle third-round matchup. I like it.

OK after the latest rpi update this is what I got but I can see several teams that still only report 9 games so a couple seeds could flip flop

1. Robbinsville
32. Union Academy

16. Mtn Island
17. Alleghany

8. Bessemer City
25. South Stanley

9. Swain
24. Avery

5. Mtn Heritage
28. Carver

12. Starmount
21. Cherokee

13. Draughn
20. Corvian Community

4. North Rowan
29. Cherryville

3. Eastern Randolph
30. Elkin

14. Hayesville
19. Christ the King

6. Albemarle
27. South Davidson

11. Thomasville
22. Andrews

7. Bishop Mcguinness
26. South Stokes

10. Murphy
23. Polk

15. Mitchell
18. East Wilkes

2. Mt. Airy
31. Winston Salem Prep

Updated again

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
OK after the latest rpi update this is what I got but I can see several teams that still only report 9 games so a couple seeds could flip flop

1. Robbinsville
32. Union Academy

16. Mtn Island
17. Alleghany

8. Bessemer City
25. South Stanley

9. Swain
24. Avery

5. Mtn Heritage
28. Carver

12. Starmount
21. Cherokee

13. Draughn
20. Corvian Community

4. North Rowan
29. Cherryville

3. Eastern Randolph
30. Elkin

14. Hayesville
19. Christ the King

6. Albemarle
27. South Davidson

11. Thomasville
22. Andrews

7. Bishop Mcguinness
26. South Stokes

10. Murphy
23. Polk

15. Mitchell
18. East Wilkes

2. Mt. Airy
31. Winston Salem Prep

Updated again
It's changed now.
Switch elkin and cherryville and it right as of 523am.

Don't tell OC.....
Hey man. I’ll be happy to come to ER if we can make it that far.
If we can win the first one, I’m hopeful that SD can knock off Albemarle. Only for my good friend Warren King, who can only go to home games.
And all that is assuming the latest projections I’ve seen.
And I may be able to secure a few Cushwa dogs😊

It's changed now.
Switch elkin and cherryville and it right as of 523am.
Hey BK can the Braves have there runningback back this week so we can beat Starmount again? We will give him back next week I promise.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Hey BK can the Braves have there runningback back this week so we can beat Starmount again? We will give him back next week I promise.
Starmount qb got hurt last night but I think they still win a couple of rounds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT