ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3: Burns vs Salisbury

I think Burns wins this game. I also think that Burns and Monroe are the best 2A teams in the west and possibly the state. I think those two are followed by Maiden and then Reidsville. No really talks about Monroe that much but they are really good and have a play making four year varsity starter at quarterback.

I think Burns wins this game. I also think that Burns and Monroe are the best 2A teams in the west and possibly the state. I think those two are followed by Maiden and then Reidsville. No really talks about Monroe that much but they are realy good and have a play making four year varsity starter at quarterback.
OK, How many of those four teams have you seen play, and which ones?

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Grizzly picks Chase to win. He may not dis us but he ain't picking us. He also knows we aren't thinking about not practicing if we make the next round.
My formula says Chase wins...I said my gut says Reidsville by 2 scores.

And if you play us you better practice, ya'll haven't seen a passing attack like ours all year by a long shot.

Better coached? More disciplined?
Have you seen burns play?
It doesn’t sound like it if he is indeed saying the Hornets are better coached and more disciplined than Burns. This week is going to be extremely tough for the Hornets to leave Lawndale with a win. Anything can happen in a ball game but I don’t see it.

Which Maiden game did you see?
Watauga. I never said Reidsville can not beat Maiden. I think Maiden is a little better team. I think that Reidsville beats Chase this week but I also think that Maiden, Reidsville, East Surry, and Chase are all right there together with each other. The difference is in the matchups with each other. The Chase/Reidsville game will tell us a lot in my opinion about those teams. Reidsville is by far the best team that Chase will have faced thus far.

Burns falls by a TD. They get caught listening to everyone say how good they are and are looking past the Hornets. Hornets are better coached and more disciplined.
Are you saying they’re better coached than Burns? Devine and staff are one of the best around. And explain the more disciplined statement. Salisbury may very well win this game. I’m not disagreeing there. I just don’t think it will be because of these 2 reasons.

Watauga. I never said Reidsville can not beat Maiden. I think Maiden is a little better team. I think that Reidsville beats Chase this week but I also think that Maiden, Reidsville, East Surry, and Chase are all right there together with each other. The difference is in the matchups with each other. The Chase/Reidsville game will tell us a lot in my opinion about those teams. Reidsville is by far the best team that Chase will have faced thus far.
Our offense is much better than they were in week 2 at Watauga. Our offense was very vanilla that night while the QB learned the playbook. Defense is also better and we have Hall back from a season long injury at OLB now causing mayhem.

That was a good game to watch. We play again today we'd win by 4 scores.

A few of the Reidsville posters are taking no one seriously. They are already claiming Western and State finals. One even mentioned Chase preparing them for the run dominant Eastern teams. Beating Morehead, McMicheal, Madison, and PG the last four weeks has them feeling cocky. If they were to meet Burns eventually, I welcome any bets, and I’m giving points.

You and Reidsville.... you're killing me. I like it!

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
What facts do you have to back up this statement of better coached and more discipline?
Stats such as penalty yards per game. That stat is the number one stat that tells how good a coaching staff is. Its the same at every level. You can not win championships when you are not a disciplined team. When you get to the this part of the playoffs it has a major impact on the game. According to digitalscout.com Burns averages 9 penalties a game for an average of 92.3 yards a game. That is one of the worst in the whole 2A

Stats such as penalty yards per game. That stat is the number one stat that tells how good a coaching staff is. Its the same at every level. You can not win championships when you are not a disciplined team. When you get to the this part of the playoffs it has a major impact on the game. According to digitalscout.com Burns averages 9 penalties a game for an average of 92.3 yards a game. That is one of the worst in the whole 2A
Oh ok. I thought we judged coaches by wins, losses, schemes and the success of the players. I’m glad I know we look at penalty yards now. Thanks.

that is interesting and thanks for the info. Its all about winning my friend. Managing talent is what a good coach does so, Despite this stat regarding penalities, Devine is a great coach (my son played for him) and the Dogs get the W on Friday.

How long have you been coaching at Salisbury ?

Last edited:
Burns falls by a TD. They get caught listening to everyone say how good they are and are looking past the Hornets. Hornets are better coached and more disciplined.

It’s not so much what you said, it’s how you said it

They’ve been doing it all night!😂😂😂

Reactions: GrizzlyDevil
wont be Reidsville. The State championship will be Salisbury vs the winner of Clinton and East Duplin
You had me until your last two post. Actually you lost me after your first. I do agree penalties can kick you in the teeth but you’re assessing an entire season with those numbers. Have you seen any film on Burns this season? Burns may very well lose and it can happen but it WILL NOT be because of penalties. To look at that bracket and say Salisbury is winning it all in the west with confidence tells me you are either a coach or a fan. I hope those Bulldogs come out with the exact mindset they had last week. That is a good team in Lawndale and I’m pulling for them.

You had me until your last two post. Actually you lost me after your first. I do agree penalties can kick you in the teeth but you’re assessing an entire season with those numbers. Have you seen any film on Burns this season? Burns may very well lose and it can happen but it WILL NOT be because of penalties. To look at that bracket and say Salisbury is winning it all in the west with confidence tells me you are either a coach or a fan. I hope those Bulldogs come out with the exact mindset they had last week. That is a good team in Lawndale and I’m pulling for them.
Likewise, we've won on one of the hardest schedules in 2A despite our penalties.

That makes Burns more dangerous to me. Damn the penalties we winning anyway!!!

that is interesting and thanks for the info. Its all about winning my friend. Managing talent is what a good coach does so, Despite this stat regarding penalities, Devine is a great coach (my son played for him) and the Dogs get the W on Friday.

I doubt he coaches at Salisbury! I don’t see them coming on the boards with that type of analysis!!!

Would you have asked him this same question had he favored Reidsville most? You seem to always get a little butt hurt, whenever someone doesn’t favor Reidsville, as if whoever can’t have an opinion.
I had just noticed that this individual posted mostly about 3A. Wondered if this was opinion or if he had some greater knowledge about the four teams. Maybe he was just reading tea leaves. I have only seen Reidsville play. I only know what stats show on the other three teams. I was just thinking about match ups of teams I haven't seen play. I was on the outside looking in on the other three teams. Grizzly has pretty good analysis. I wonder often what all he looks at to make his selections. We are all emotionally involved to some degree. ( Just now- I deleted 4 sentences that were not in poor taste but accusatory.)(just deleted another)

The fact that HS football is spread over such a large area and just in the west are 32 teams vying for a trip to the finals. With the exception of a few individuals most fans just watch their team. The games are mostly not televised
and that makes it very difficult to assess the upcoming opponents. Its even hard to talk to opposing fans because they have only seen their team. We are left to bloviate and look at stats on MaxPreps or some posters stats. When, now at the end of the season, we try to look at the opponents season we find the last 7 games were against mostly inadequate competition. What do we then turn to? Someone posted Reidsville could beat Chase by 30 (Which is probably not true). The Chase fan said, how could Reidsville beat them by thirty when no one all season could score thirty on them. I looked at Chase opponents and found they couldn't hang 14 on hardly anyone. the Chase opponents were woeful as most of the remaning teams still playing opponents have been. In most conferences there are only a couple of good teams and the rest can't hardly beat each other. It is truly amazing to look at previous years brackets and see how few teams (you and I both know who they are) are perennially in the finals. quarterfinals They have got great programs every year.

I know Shelby has a great program. They will be back. I know we will butt heads in future. That is to be expected?

Creepy Hoey Man

*To others reading, I don't think Shelby will ever win another State ring. I just told Lion Attack that. He probably already knows.

Excellent post. Diamont, the new OC has done a tremendous job. What an amazing hire by Devine. If something is working, he doesn't change it. He puts the players in the best spot to succeed. I've heard he works tirelessly on film and game prep too. It's been a breath of fresh air to watch him work. I hope he stays around for the long haul.

And yes the defense has been outstanding. To be honest, the defense played KM very well. The score was only 7-0 at the half. Offensively, we couldn't block the KM front and had short possessions. Ultimately wearing down our defense and putting more points on the board. I think if we played them again, it would be a closer game. But KM is the better team this year and I really hope they pull it out this time.
I seen Diamont on the coaching staff at West Stokes. He has been around football his whole life with his dad being a good coach. You guys have a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT