ADVERTISEMENT

Round 3: Burns vs Salisbury

And just like that the little Salisbury coach who predicted a burns loss disappears from preps forever. CONGRATS TO coach Devine and his Dogs . I didn't have a good feeling after Salisbury took the lead but the boys hung on due to BETTER COACHING. Good season HORNETS...win and advance BURNS BULLDOGS !

And just like that the little Salisbury coach who predicted a burns loss disappears from preps forever. CONGRATS TO coach Devine and his Dogs . I didn't have a good feeling after Salisbury took the lead but the boys hung on due to BETTER COACHING. Good season HORNETS...win and advance BURNS BULLDOGS !
I REPEAT!!! That was not a Salisbury coach! Good game Burns! Good luck next week! Maybe we can do this again next year!!!

Great high school football game. That D Line for Salisbury didn’t let us get going all night. Couldn’t run it and struggled having time to throw it. Excellent win by the Dawgs. That was a big boy drive at the end of the game. We needed a close game like that. Every game this year was decided by the 3rd quarter. Great season by Salisbury. It seems like we play really good games against each other. A non conference matchup would be fun.

Backs against the wall and a 90 yard drive to win it. Was worried this would happen…low energy. Very let down by #3 for burns. Terrible display of being a teammate. If anyone noticed when he finally hit sidelines and people was running down hill we could. Salisbury D line was too quick on the ends to try to bounce it every single play. 3-4 yards on ever play will win the game. Take it.

We will take the win and get ready for Monroe. They will be another athletic team that’s playing good. Go dogs.

That game was everything a 3rd round game should be. Both teams played their butts off. This was one of those dig deep games and as it was said above they needed a game like this after last weeks rare domination over Shelby. This game set Burns up better for Monroe than a running clock could have. Burns is at home next week and humbled at the same time. That team had to make one hell of a drive and they did it. Good job Burns and great job Salisbury on a great game plan. I also thought Burns looked flat in the first half. Not as much intensity. When you can do that and still win you have a good team.

If this dont tell Burns you gotta come every play ready to play i dont know what will

total lack of energy the entire game until the last drive... Play like that again season over... You have got to play every play like its life or death.. do that they win the title.... Dont season over..

And stop this arguing after bad plays.. I saw it several times... Especially from a particular player I wont mention... You are a TEAM.. ride and die together stop with this nonsense

beat monroe... the end...

If this dont tell Burns you gotta come every play ready to play i dont know what will

total lack of energy the entire game until the last drive... Play like that again season over... You have got to play every play like its life or death.. do that they win the title.... Dont season over..

And stop this arguing after bad plays.. I saw it several times... Especially from a particular player I wont mention... You are a TEAM.. ride and die together stop with this nonsense

beat monroe... the end...
Agree with every single word you said.

In the playoffs you have to bring your A+ game every week.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yep. I saw the same thing. That hasn’t happened all year. He didn’t have his best game tonight but I’ve never seen him do that. His backup came in the last drive and looked really good. Big key of that drive.

Assuming we’re talking about the same player.

He’s cried all year. Cancer when it don’t go his way. You don’t need that on any team. Got mad when they called run after he went out. 🤣 Then he goes in the tent and don’t come out till after the horn sounds

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I guess it was more obvious tonight then. We can’t have that this late in the season.
I wasn’t going to mention it but since it was noticed by others ilk say this. I sat beside two D1 college coaches tonight from a very local school and they both were very vocal about the actions they saw on the sideline by that player. They were not there for him but they noticed it. They were very impressed with #2. If Shelby can hold players accountable for actions off the field then Burns should do it for actions on the field and sideline. Totally unacceptable and immature. Stop dancing so much and run north and south. If I’m the coach I’m starting the backup next week to prove a point.

Shoutout to the Burns kicker who made a big kick at the end of the half to make the lead 17-13. He’s looked much better of late.

That was a big kick. Definitely his best kick of the year.
Yep. Otherwise Salisbury likely kicks a FG to win at the end.

It wasn’t our best game but we found a way to get it done at the end. We needed a game like this. We hadn’t trailed since Salisbury. The “no energy” crowd needs to stop and give some credit to the Hornets. Their front four gave us fits. No one said it would be easy. I agree, we probably had a bit of a letdown. Shelby was not our championship.

Also, I don’t appreciate players being called out on here even if they were in the wrong. There is a better way to handle it. Maybe talk to the coaches and stop bashing them on here. It will be a tough one next week but we can get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT