ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: Richmond at Jack Britt

Any Raiders Tailgating...

I wish. It is why every year I say it is my last year doing radio. (Been broadcasting every Raider football game for the last 18 years). Gotta "retire" so I can get back to tailgating and cheering. I too now live in Fayetteville. One day soon, I will put down the mic and pick a local team to cheer/tailgate. Think my grandkids will be going to Cape Fear so maybe it will be them.

Dcov, since you live in the JB school district, any insight on the team?

Jack Britt is the truth
Richmond is an element of execution
Both must play 50% mental and 50% lethal

The verdict will be announced Friday evening after 48 minutes of hard investigation.

Who ever digs the hardest will be pronounced winner.

Having seen both against the same team don't think it will
be quite the offensive fireworks that we have seen in the past
with these teams

Raider defense is consistently pretty good. Offense is inconsistent. Played good in 1st half against Holly Springs, didn't show up in the 2nd. They need to find a way to be consistent......

They will hit you in the mouth! I pick Jack Britt to go all the way last year but they let me down. They maybe one of the biggest team Richmond has faced all year, your not going to run straight at them, if we can spread them out and give the QB time to set his feet we should be fine. My earlier post about we should have this game by halftime I was just joking. Jack Britt is the real deal. The QB is a dual threat QB he has thrown for over 1k and ran for over 800 yds, his top received is #2 Wynn he plays lights out a WR he stands around 6ft but can flat out fly. They have a lot of seniors starting on the offense and defense of line and at the skill positions on offense. #88 is my neighbors kid he also plays basketball and has really quick feet, the kid passes the eye test he is about 6'4 300 pure man but he is not that aggressive but he will jump and throw his hands up to block the passing lanes. If we contain the QB we should be fine. Our defense is going to have to play 4qtrs of hit you in the mouth like we played Scotland in the 1st qtr because Jack Britt is going to play like that the entire game. They are well coach and expect to see a trick play fellow watch out for the play where one side of the team is throwing there hands up for the ball but they will toss it to the opposite side of the field, also they will run and reverse or two with Mr. Wynn the receiver. I may check out a couple of Jack Britt practices this week. They actually move there practice a week ago. Also if anyone needs directions to the school from RC just let me know, a lot of people go all the way to Hope Mills Rd to Jack Britt but that is actually the long route. Good luck to both teams.........

They will hit you in the mouth! I pick Jack Britt to go all the way last year but they let me down. They maybe one of the biggest team Richmond has faced all year, your not going to run straight at them, if we can spread them out and give the QB time to set his feet we should be fine. My earlier post about we should have this game by halftime I was just joking. Jack Britt is the real deal. The QB is a dual threat QB he has thrown for over 1k and ran for over 800 yds, his top received is #2 Wynn he plays lights out a WR he stands around 6ft but can flat out fly. They have a lot of seniors starting on the offense and defense of line and at the skill positions on offense. #88 is my neighbors kid he also plays basketball and has really quick feet, the kid passes the eye test he is about 6'4 300 pure man but he is not that aggressive but he will jump and throw his hands up to block the passing lanes. If we contain the QB we should be fine. Our defense is going to have to play 4qtrs of hit you in the mouth like we played Scotland in the 1st qtr because Jack Britt is going to play like that the entire game. They are well coach and expect to see a trick play fellow watch out for the play where one side of the team is throwing there hands up for the ball but they will toss it to the opposite side of the field, also they will run and reverse or two with Mr. Wynn the receiver. I may check out a couple of Jack Britt practices this week. They actually move there practice a week ago. Also if anyone needs directions to the school from RC just let me know, a lot of people go all the way to Hope Mills Rd to Jack Britt but that is actually the long route. Good luck to both teams.........

Perfect description of Britt - Man this should be a very good ball game.

Dcov you think Richmond has a chance beating Britt?

Excuse my French "Hell Yeah"! Richmond D is the truth! They better show up and set the tone early. Jack Britt were throwing the ball a lot at practice today....

Yes, top 10 in the state good, but they won't hold Richmond to 13 total yards in the 1st half like Butler did. If they do, I'll be more than happy to eat some crow, but I won't be holding my breath while waiting.

does anything that happened 2 months ago matter now.
Britt gave up roughly 9 points a game against a better schedule
than both Butler and Dudley who each averaged around 7 per.

does anything that happened 2 months ago matter now.
Britt gave up roughly 9 points a game against a better schedule
than both Butler and Dudley who each averaged around 7 per.

Britt's schedule wasn't very good at all compared to Butler's (Britt only played one top 10 team all season...Butler played FOUR top 10 teams before we even got halfway thru September), and yet Butler still gave up a LOT less than 9 pts/game this season (6.8 pts/game to be exact), even while playing 1/3rd of their games while missing 5 starters.

There's absolutely no comparison here, dude. Start posting facts if you believe otherwise, and I'll post mine. Butler at full strength leads the state in scoring defense (all classifications) at 6.2 pts/game (despite playing FOUR top 10 teams). Butler with suspensions is still ranked #2 in the state in scoring defense (all classifications) at 6.8 pts/game. Catholic is #1, BTW, at 6.4 pts/game, but Catholic didn't play FOUR top 10 teams like Butler did, either.

And I don't know where you got Britt's 9 pts/game from, but it's actually 10.2 pts/game.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaidersRocks
Thx Dcov for info. It appears that both teams have a lot of simularities. I don't usually do this but how in the heck did this conversation turn to Butler and how good they are?

A Raider fan erroneously said that Britt would be the best defense Richmond has seen all year. How quickly some of your fans forget!

That was a Scot fan that made the comment and they have played Britt this year so I guess thats what he was baseing his comment on. How quickly some people jump to conclusions about certain fan bases!

Dang it...got me there. I'll return to my hole now and work on my reading comprehension...please carry on.

@hokiemtc Britt Defense is really darn good. Richmond better be able to throw the ball, Jack Britt is a running team with the back and QB, but the QB has thrown for over 1k.

Britt's schedule wasn't very good at all compared to Butler's (Britt only played one top 10 team all season...Butler played FOUR top 10 teams before we even got halfway thru September), and yet Butler still gave up a LOT less than 9 pts/game this season (6.8 pts/game to be exact), even while playing 1/3rd of their games while missing 5 starters.

There's absolutely no comparison here, dude. Start posting facts if you believe otherwise, and I'll post mine. Butler at full strength leads the state in scoring defense (all classifications) at 6.2 pts/game (despite playing FOUR top 10 teams). Butler with suspensions is still ranked #2 in the state in scoring defense (all classifications) at 6.8 pts/game. Catholic is #1, BTW, at 6.4 pts/game, but Catholic didn't play FOUR top 10 teams like Butler did, either.

And I don't know where you got Britt's 9 pts/game from, but it's actually 10.2 pts/game.

9.4 ppg 113 12 games ofourse my adding could be bad
overall sos taken from simmons actualy shows Britt slightly stronger..(seems odd)??

Last edited:
OKljCAl.jpg

RICHMOND
Wins%: .833
Conference%: .800
PF: 476
PA: 177

JACK BRITT
Wins%: .917
Conference%: 1.000
PF: 457
PA: 123

9.4 ppg 113 12 games ofourse my adding could be bad
overall sos taken from simmons actualy shows Britt slightly stronger..(seems odd)??
The bottom of the Mid-South is better than the bottom of the SW4A this season, so if all you're going to do is a quick average of every game played on the schedule and weigh them all equally, then it doesn't surprise me that Britt's schedule averages out to be a little better. Simmons does lots of quirky stuff like that which gives questionable results, and when you look at his stuff over a period of time, you'll see other things, too.

So here's the real question to ask yourself..."What makes a schedule hard?" Is it the worst teams you play or the best teams you play? Simmons says it's the worst teams you play, but that's not the way I see it.

An example...Team A plays two teams, one of which is 0-10 and the other 9-1. Team B also plays two teams, both of which are 5-5. Who played the harder schedule?

Simmons says that Team B played the harder schedule (10-10 combined record versus 9-11 combined record), but when I look at those schedules, I see that only one of those teams played any real competition (Team A), so the toughest schedule is a no-brainer in the opposite direction. Your individual answer to the question "What makes a schedule hard?" will determine which one you think played the best schedule.

After watching a little film on JB I think the Raiders speed on the corners will be a little to much for JB to contain. Also if Zeigler can get some protection the JB secondary may be a little susceptible to the Raiders passing game. The front seven look pretty good for JB, some big boys on that line.

I like the Raiders chances in this one. Raiders by 7

the safety is not suspect keep the ball out of the middle of the field. you are correct attack the corners. between the ends is no mans land against Britt.

That is the way it looks on film jmac. Cape fear's QB and receivers worked the JB corners over pretty good. I should have said speed on the edges for the run. That middle is tough for JB!

I have seen Butlers D this year. I haven't seen JB's, but I would be hard pressed to believe there is a better D at full strength than Butler this year. That is one heck of a D.

I think our O has improved, but we have to avoid being sloppy and move the chains. I like our chances if we play well and would say us by a TD if we play a solid game. Turnovers could be huge and we have to win that battle. I know JB is tough and should be a great game. No more room for a sloppy game and can't afford to show up for two quarters. Big key will be the O line giving a little time for Ziegler to do his thing. We certainly need to take advantage of the speed factor since they have the size. Our D has been pretty impressive overall this year.

The word is that Richmond somehow got access to Jack Britts Hudl account and has EVERY game on them. Should have them scouted up pretty good and have the perfect plan.

just because you know its coming doesn't mean you can stop it. RC or Britt will win because of two things turnovers and big plays. If they did get access kudos for the hacker. Britt doesn't change what they do week to week. The only games that they need to see is the sc game and the cape fear game. SC stopped britt cold on d and jack britt stopped sc cold on d. Cape fear did what RC better do and attack the corners.

Reactions: TarheelRaider
I'm sure the Richmond OC has looked at the Cape Fear game and saw the weakness is in the JB defense. It could be seen in the Terry Sanford games as well on the edge. For some reason TS change to running up the middle and that is a tough place to go on Britt.

@Tarheel Traveling 401 North Coming from 401 North after coming through Raeford you will pass Cape Fear Valley Hoke Hospital on your right and Indoor Sky Diving on your left; at the next light the Kangaroo and Pure Gas Station will be on your Left and Right but make a Right at the very next light that Road is called Lindsay Rd; It should be a little car dealership on the right at that light. If you pass Rockfish Church on your left you went to far. After making a Right on Lindsay Rd. you will pass Raeford Athletics on your right; make the 1st Left onto Stoney Point Rd. a sign should say Fantasy Lake Water Park follow this Road 5-7 Miles Jack Britt and Stoney Point Schools will be on your Right.

Traveling from US #1 North if you are going through the Reservation; At the light where Kangaroo is on your Right and the Pure Gas Station is straight ahead make a left at that light then Right at the next light on Lindsay Rd, It should be a little car dealership on the right at that light. If you pass Rockfish Church on your left you went to far. After making a Right on Lindsay Rd. you will pass Raeford Athletics on your right; make the 1st Left on Stoney Point Rd. a sign should say Fantasy Lake Water Park follow this Road 5-7 Miles Jack Britt and Stoney Point Schools will be on your Right. Welcome to the Boneyard....

BTW Get there early Jack Britt Visitor side is really small............

This will be my last year Cheering for my beloved Raiders for the next 4 years. Cut me this year and I will bleed Kelly Green and Old Gold. I will be on the Visitors Side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT