ADVERTISEMENT

Round 2: East Duplin @ Randleman

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
A rematch from 2 years ago, the only difference is East Duplin will be making the 2 1/2 hour ride this time around.

Randleman is coming off of shutting out 16 seed Morehead 42-0.

East Duplin escapes the Cougars of Croatan last week winning 21-13.

I’m sure Randleman will be looking for some revenge after the 2017 meeting ended with a long ride home and a playoff loss.

I have very little info on this year’s Randleman team if someone would like to shed some light on them.

I'm a thinkin the Pink Panthers choke on a fur ball Friday Night. Randleman in this one.

Reactions: Csmoove76
A rematch from 2 years ago, the only difference is East Duplin will be making the 2 1/2 hour ride this time around.

Randleman is coming off of shutting out 16 seed Morehead 42-0.

East Duplin escapes the Cougars of Croatan last week winning 21-13.

I’m sure Randleman will be looking for some revenge after the 2017 meeting ended with a long ride home and a playoff loss.

I have very little info on this year’s Randleman team if someone would like to shed some light on them.
From what I see they run alot, this guy Lilly averaging 170 yards a game. Also see they pass quite a bit too. Probably run the spread I assume. Might be a tough one for us seeing we've been pretty weak against the pass this season.

But i think if we can keep it close and score with them and have some long, time consuming drives we might have a shot. Definitely dont need those killer penalties and fumbles we had last game. We'll get annihilated if we make those mistakes again...

People make a big deal about strength of schedule. I am not convinced it really plays a role in determining an outcome (Reidsville) of a game, but I am not sure Randleman has played the toughest of competition this season. Of course, when you look at EDs schedule, it doesn't appear now to be as tough as one might think. Still, I don't know if Randleman has played a Clinton or a Hertford either.

Still, 11-0 is 11-0 and that means something. If they mix it up like their stats indicate, ED will have trouble especially if they have multiple three and outs or turn the ball over. No doubt, Randleman is the prohibitive favorite this year.

Think I might make this one with my ED buddies anyway since my Dogs packed it in. Hope ED can pull the upset.

I believe if ED can hold onto the ball and not fumble, they have a very good chance of pulling off the upset.

Saying "must of" instead of "must have" is what just hit a nerve. The name calling from you earlier was just chalked up as you being childish.
Are we grammar policing now? It’s funny because you knew exactly what I meant.

People make a big deal about strength of schedule. I am not convinced it really plays a role in determining an outcome (Reidsville) of a game, but I am not sure Randleman has played the toughest of competition this season. Of course, when you look at EDs schedule, it doesn't appear now to be as tough as one might think. Still, I don't know if Randleman has played a Clinton or a Hertford either.

Still, 11-0 is 11-0 and that means something. If they mix it up like their stats indicate, ED will have trouble especially if they have multiple three and outs or turn the ball over. No doubt, Randleman is the prohibitive favorite this year.

Think I might make this one with my ED buddies anyway since my Dogs packed it in. Hope ED can pull the upset.
I agree with you on this one, this ED team is very young but if they control the time of possession like they are capable of doing, they could very well make this one interesting. The combined record of teams played in the regular season for Randleman is 45-66, for ED 63-53. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing! That's why you play the game, to see who wins. Either way i think the ED staff has done a great job with this group and anything can happen, so i'm backing the Panthers all the way!!!

Reactions: Friday Night1
Doesn't matter, if you are good, you are good. My contacts tell me they are very good and I would venture to guess Randleman is probably at least a two touchdown favorite but that is why you play the game.

ED lost to a very mediocre Midway team and had to come back against a average at best Goldsboro team. Croatan might have been 9-2 but would have probably finished last in the ECC. Outside of Clinton and Hertford no one on the ED schedule jumps out when you really look at it.

Doesn't matter, if you are good, you are good. My contacts tell me they are very good and I would venture to guess Randleman is probably at least a two touchdown favorite but that is why you play the game.

ED lost to a very mediocre Midway team and had to come back against a average at best Goldsboro team. Croatan might have been 9-2 but would have probably finished last in the ECC. Outside of Clinton and Hertford no one on the ED schedule jumps out when you really look at it.

I agree with you on this one, this ED team is very young but if they control the time of possession like they are capable of doing, they could very well make this one interesting. The combined record of teams played in the regular season for Randleman is 45-66, for ED 63-53. What does that mean? Absolutely nothing! That's why you play the game, to see who wins. Either way i think the ED staff has done a great job with this group and anything can happen, so i'm backing the Panthers all the way!!!
Panther does Brian Aldridge still help coach.

Rematch from 2017 but ed has to come here this time. We got stoped twice inside the two yard line in the second half and lost by 8. Played hard come in as a big underdog. It was a long ride home that night so I hope we can put the same feeling on y’all this time. We played the same schedule then as we have this year accept one non conference game. We are a lot stronger up front on both sides of the ball this year. Best offensive line we have had in ten years. Got three good wide receivers that can go get it. And a sophomore running back that rushed for over 1,800 yards and around 26 touchdowns filling in for our starting running back missing first three games of the year and is out for the rest of the year with a injury. Hope y’all have a safe trip up Friday and good luck should be a great game.

Didn't see anyone impressive that Randleman has played, just sayn.
OK???

Just sayn...

Anyway orange/blue has a fairly balanced offense but when it comes to crunch time they will rely on pounding young Mr Lilly down a tiring team's throat. Also playing in that hole in northern Randolph co is difficult any time.
Closest games they have had were the Ledford and ER contests.

Don't want to do it (if you have ever seen my posts you would know) but I believe orange/blue wins by at least 10.

Safe travels to all.

Reactions: Csmoove76
Kidd don’t like to say it but that was a great come from behind victory today and good luck to y’all next week
I was working but received texts as things happened. PG has really improved since early in year. Just wish each team could have played somebody else. Thanks adjusted MaxPreps rankings.

Anybody else think it's odd ER/PG and ND/Oak Grove ended up playing first round when seeded by a computer?

HMMMM...

While it might be a rematch of the 17 game, ED is no where the same team. I think there are seven or eight of those kids playing at the next level right now. I think they only have maybe 7-8 seniors and from what I understand, not many of those have large roles.

ED played a perfect game against my Dogs (no penalties, no turnovers)and was able to get the victory. They have very small margin for error in each game they play against teams they are equal to as evidenced by their results over the past month. How they lost to Midway after being up 24-13 in the 4th is beyond me.

Know this, they will play hard from start to finish and will be prepared. Coach Holley knows how to win and yes, I am almost positive Coach Aldridge is still there as I saw him with a head set during our game. Looked like he was working with the offensive line. They wont wow you getting off the bus, but they are very good at what they do with the Wing-T and other formations they use. Just curious if Randleman has played anyone this year that runs that offense? It is very common in the southeast part of the state but I don't think many run it anymore the further west you go.

Randleman should win regardless of what the ED posters will say on here but I think it is a mistake to think they are going to be happy in simply showing up.

Nah you clearly didn’t know what I was saying when I put Rannelman. You clearly thought I had misspelled it for some reason. LoL

Was at the game in 2017 and what a game it was. Don't think East Duplin is a good, Randleman is as good imo, and it's in Randolph County this time. Going with Randleman by seven points in a really good one.

East Duplin will be as well prepared coaching wise as any team can be. They won't quit until the last play of the game. But if Randleman is as good as they were 2 years ago East Duplin will need some breaks to go their way. I'm an ED guy hope they can control the ball and hang around to the end where anything can happen. ED just limited this year what they can do. Hope I'm wrong. But get em now!!!

Rannelman gets 7 points on whoever they play at home with the officials. They are probably 21 better than ED so that’s 28 for those keeping count. Then if a spelling bee or math problem breaks out, you can deduct a touchdown from Rannelman which brings it back down to 21 so I’ll stick with that prediction.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT