ADVERTISEMENT

Rosman vs Cherokee at the ray

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
could be trap game for the braves. Big win last Friday , fair week and all. Hopefully we will show up

I agree w trap part but this Cherokee team seems different...maybe a sluggish start but athletes will take over
..i look for Cherokee to win by 35
56 21

I do agree as well though that Cherokee doesn’t play well during fair week no matter talent level. I thought Cherokee always had a bye that week. When did that change? Rosman is playing very physical and they are not going to roll over for anyone. R’ville got the win but it was scrappy scrappy game. Cherokee just has to play their game and hope to get out of the game healthy.

Wish our tigers the best of luck tonight, hopefully both teams will come away injury free !

Man the fair hangover happened . Great first half by the tigers. Cherokee looked lost and mintz went out with injury . Second half was a diff story as the braves took control of the game . The new coach sure does have the tigers going in the right direction. Good luck both teams to finish out the season

Wow what a game. I know the score don't reflect, but so proud of the kids played hard. Have to brag a little on our line. They looked terrible against Robbinsville but looked awesome tonight. Great job boys.

Good job tigers. Did your line pressure the QB? What about ur line vs the run?

We didn't blitz alot. We did decent on runs. Late in 3rd mintz scored on 4th and inches off of his own fumble. Dang busted play. Whats bad we had great penetration on that play looked like we would have held on 4th. It was 21 19 us. Cherokee took the lead off that play. We started driving on o but seemed like after every 1st down we had either holding penalty or lineman down field. Hard to sustain a drive. There best running back was out with injury didn't play at all. Mintz got hurt in 1st quarter,but came back sometime in 2nd quarter I believe. Mintz is a beast. But I was also impressed with back up QB. Does anyone know what grade that kid is in?

I felt that was huge part of the game when Crowe came in and threw two big tds when everything was going wrong for the haves. He is a soph that has gotten lots of playing time this year.

Has anyone heard did Swain kick some kids off team. Saw that on other forum, but didn't know if it's true?

No doubt a battle was played in Cherokee last night. The score doesn't reflect what a game it was.
I was very disappointed in the lack of discipline displayed by Cherokee players. The entire game they were making gestures and comments to the Rosman sideline and stands.
Of course it wasn't all the players. Hats off to the Cherokee lineman-you guys are a class act!
I'm not going to name names because at the end of the day, this is kids. The "skilled players" ( select few) provoked the players, sidelines, and stands all night. To the point that "one" flipped off the Rosman stands and sideline when they scored a touchdown to take the lead.
The referees allowed this to continue throughout the night and late in the 4th quarter we almost had a brawl on our hands.
At the end of the game Rosman lined up like men and went out to shake hands. These select Cherokee players walked the line but refused to shake hands.
I highly suggest to everyone that when Cherokee and Murphy play to have the top referees and maybe even extra law enforcement. Referees did a horrible job in allowing the gestures, trash talking, and illegal hits to continue throughout the night. This game will have to be controlled or it will get out of hand.

For the life of me why can't teams just play football. Why do we need all the extra stuff after plays? Kids I guess. I was disappointed in the kid that flipped us the bird, why??? Your a great athlete definitely was uncalled for. But I also have to say I was disappointed in our one kid too. I get he was frustrated but you have to find ways to keep temper in check. It only hurts your team because depending on how it was called on field could be out for next 2 games and that only hurts your team.

What game did you watch ? I thought it was a well played game and only in the last few minutes did it get very chippy and the fact your kid went crazy after the play started it. Some of your fans I don't know what they were saying but it looked nasty and did get a reaction from the players. And your right those are kids and the adults coming out the stands to front row are that adults. I thought after the scuffle both teams calmed down and finished classy with both teams shaking hands at midfield before the shake line. As for not shaking hands I seen none of that. Now be careful talking undisciplined or cheap as rosman was called for 4 or 5 high lows on the lineman.

And if Cherokee had a kid that flipped off your fans I hope coach Briggs gets a hold of him no need for that anywhere. Anyway it was a tough game and not to be marred with a couple people. Good luck and I hope you guys win all the rest

You didnt see one post bashing your players for some of there actions but you brought it up and in your post never mentioned your kid went nuts for a few seconds and all the illegal chop high low hits or your fans screaming at the braves players like I said I don't know what it was but it def got a reaction from the kids on that sideline.

Any enough of this talk you got the orange colored glasses I have the maroon and gold colored glasses. We will agree to disagree and enjoy the rest of your season

Reactions: TigerDen1
You didnt see one post bashing your players for some of there actions but you brought it up and in your post never mentioned your kid went nuts for a few seconds and all the illegal chop high low hits or your fans screaming at the braves players like I said I don't know what it was but it def got a reaction from the kids on that sideline.
I did. I said what are kid did was just as wrong.Unfortunately the kid did flip us the bird.it did happen. Fans we're yelling just like all fans. I like to just sit and watch myself but others don't. But I will say this he is great athlete, but if he can't control his temper he will struggle in college, cause fans only get worse. I don't think college coaches will put up with that. However I don't like what we did either. Bottom line Everyone was in the wrong.

Reactions: BravesGWY
Any enough of this talk you got the orange colored glasses I have the maroon and gold colored glasses. We will agree to disagree and enjoy the rest of your season
Great way to put it we are all going to defend our own. Good luck now go knock off Robbinsville and Murphy.

Reactions: BravesGWY
Big deal if he flipped yall off...i love that type of stuff and smack talk...but as soon as refs throw flags then it needs to stop. Refs dont throw a flag i say keep talkin junk...it has fun to a game

I don't mind a little jawing and junk talk especially when it's intense as long as it don't go to far and get flagged but flipping people off is a bit much. I just seen a coach and asked he said they jerked the kid off and chewed him. Briggs seems to do great job handling his teams. He kicked 4 kids off last year and then won 6 in a row

He should be out next game for the burd. Our best back did that in 09 and had to sit out the mtn heritage game.

Let's not get into the smc refs your town employs and went to school at rville then calls games on Friday's . At least the refs at Cherokee you never seen before much less graduated from the school your playing or the school your tied with in conf.

I didnt know that. We wont Cherokee full power. It will make it sweeter.

Just wondering why one gets in trouble while another didnt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT